TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Next Round of Mods

90GT

I've been trying to decide on my next round of mods for my car. I thought about doing some power mods but decided against it at this point. I want to finish up the suspension first and address that frigging clunking noise from the drive line that I'm getting. In speaking to several different sources, it appears to be a side affect with the wonderful two piece drive shaft Ford decided to use. :banghead: My dealer says it's normal, yeah right!!! :redcard:

So having said that I'm going to get Evo to look over the car before I spend any cash on a part that I don't need. If it turns out to be the drive shaft then it's getting replaced with their single unit. Suspension wise I'll be getting a Saleen front sway bar and the Saleen Watts Link for the rear. The Watts Link will tighten up the rear significantly, allow the car to hook up better, and greatly improve the overall handling of the car.

Here's a link to the Saleen Watts Link at JDM Engineering: Watts Link

Only down side to the Watts Link is that I won't be able to use my Steeda Pan Hard Bar and brace. I'll be selling those once the Watts Link is installed.

Yikes. $1,000 ??

You think it's worth it?

I think that's a personal decision Ruf. To some people it might not be because they don't race or track their car. For them the pan hard bar set up would be enough. I'm more into the all out handling performance of a vehicle than I am into drag racing or straight line performance so to me it's worth it. The Watts Link set up just gives more control over the rear of the car. It stays planted better and doesn't hop around as much.

Is your clunking from the front or back? BTW I think the Saleen Watts is great because it is less bulky than some of the other Watts links that I've seen out there. It is just a little expensive and I hope the differential cover they use is up to the stress that the Saleen Watts will place on it.

Is your clunking from the front or back? BTW I think the Saleen Watts is great because it is less bulky than some of the other Watts links that I've seen out there. It is just a little expensive and I hope the differential cover they use is up to the stress that the Saleen Watts will place on it.

Clunking is coming from the back of the car.

Archived