TEAM SHELBY FORUM

600rwhp eaton

dgussin1

It will be a kit to accept a small pulley on a new snout. It will be able to make 15-16psi. I will let you guys know. It will only be made if he can guarantee some people buying the kit...it's not worth it for the company to make it to sell just a few.

It would not include an idler.

Hey dgussin, have you looked into porting the blower like the cobra and lightnings, would that get you over 600rwhp?

I spoke with Bob Stiegemeier about porting the blower...he thinks I'd get 600rwhp or very close to it. With the smaller drive pulley and a port, we think it would get to 620-630rwhp. Not bad for an eaton car.

It will be a kit to accept a small pulley on a new snout. It will be able to make 15-16psi. I will let you guys know. It will only be made if he can guarantee some people buying the kit...it's not worth it for the company to make it to sell just a few.

It would not include an idler.

Ooooh!!! :happy feet: Makes me tingle all over. post-2517-1190150635.gif :happy feet:

I have to ask my wife first. :baby: If she's OK with it, I'm all over it.

post-2517-1190150635.gif

I spoke with Bob Stiegemeier about porting the blower...he thinks I'd get 600rwhp or very close to it. With the smaller drive pulley and a port, we think it would get to 620-630rwhp. Not bad for an eaton car.

That would be sweet, I sure I am doing a KB this winter or I would go that route as well.

Before these cars were even built, there was talks of how the aftermarket would probably come out with a redesigned snout to deal with the limitations of pulley size using the factory snout. Here it comes. Should be a fun ride. My only concern is that it would seem you could get into even more expense. It stands to reason that if we spin the blower even faster to achieve 15-16 psi that heat soak could be really bad, making aftermarket heat exchangers with fans and larger tanks an absolute necessity. This sounds really interesting though. Unlike the terminators, we don't have the luxury of larger bottom pulleys, so for someone trying to get the most out of the eaton, this will be necessary. Keep us posted Dave.

Is the estimated 600 HP with the pulley only? Or does it need CAI also? And will there ba a tune for it?

you would definitely need a cai and a tune. All the details will be worked out soon...right now I was just gauging interest, as the guy developing it won't do it unless there is a market.

Definitely interested. What kind of labor is involved with the new snout?

There is 8 bolts holding the snout on. You can have it off the car in 10 minutes or so, including time to get out tools. I think this snout swap would be easier than having to change your own pulley.

Definitely interested. I was hoping someone would get around the lower pulley problem as well.

I saw somewhere Evo said they had a lower or it's in the works?

you would definitely need a cai and a tune. All the details will be worked out soon...right now I was just gauging interest, as the guy developing it won't do it unless there is a market.

There is 8 bolts holding the snout on. You can have it off the car in 10 minutes or so, including time to get out tools. I think this snout swap would be easier than having to change your own pulley.

I agree on the ease of the snout change. This would eliminate the need for a pulley puller, as you could leave the stock pulley on the stock snout, making it easy to return to stock. I'm sure the new snout would have bolt-on pullies for easy changing of sizes. I guess with this, the aftermarket would finally have to start making shorter blower belts.

dgussin1 .... I would be interested as well .. keep us posted

Archived