TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2&1/2 yrs. later shes' finally home!

DC500

Her 1st night home was 9/15/07. What started out as a deposit for an '07 Shelby became an '08 Shelby.Thank Goodness my ordeal is over.The 2hr. ride home was awesome. People were rolling there windows down and looking all the way home, as other members have said before. It's just a very neat feeling. So, without anymore rambling, here are my 1st pics with Photobucket. Hope it works.

DC :headspin:

SHELBYGT500009.jpg

SHELBYGT500006.jpg

SHELBYGT500003.jpg

SHELBYGT500001.jpg

DC

Really nice color combo .... Car looks super. WOW u waited a along time so just enjoy it and know its sitting in the garage waiting for ya all the time now to take her out !! !! !

DC

Thanks for the pictures and I'm real happy for you. I know you are excited. Question....During your ride home,

the day you picked up your GT500 , what was the drive like? I've got a coupe coming the I have to tell you I

have never driven a GT500 shelby. I did get a chance to sit in a 07 GT500 vert but that is my only experience

with this car. First impressions....what does the car drive like?

Thanks for your input and enjoy your wheels.

Senior

Hey fellow members: Thanks for the comments. The last 4 days have been a blast. I can't wait to get up, get to work and get back home so I can go cruising in my Shelby. Always asking the wife if I can run errands for her!!! (Do you need anything? I'll get it).

DC :happy feet:

DC

Thanks for the pictures and I'm real happy for you. I know you are excited. Question....During your ride home,

the day you picked up your GT500 , what was the drive like? I've got a coupe coming the I have to tell you I

have never driven a GT500 shelby. I did get a chance to sit in a 07 GT500 vert but that is my only experience

with this car. First impressions....what does the car drive like?

Thanks for your input and enjoy your wheels.

Senior

Senior 500:

My 1st thought all mourning was when I leave the dealership,

make sure you don't stall it easing away in 1st gear. It went well leaving, and the 90 mile trip home was really awesome. The 1st thing I noticed was how driver friendly the car was. This was the 1st 6 speed I had driven. This stick is very smooth. I was a little apprehensive about pushing it over and up into 5th as reverse is up there also but no worries as it just tracks there very nicely, then down and over into 6th and you are crusing about 60mph @ 1800 rpm. The car behaves and is well mannered at mild throttle, but man was it fun giving it some rapid throttle up to about 4000 rpm and listening and watching the boost engage up to about 8 psi. That's when you know you have a Snake, and she will strike!!!! Be careful though, because you don"t feel like you are going that fast at higher speeds. " Repeat after me: I will not get a speeding ticket on the 1st day." The car is very comfortable on long drives also. The seat fits well. I drive a G-35 Infinity sedan as a work car( about 28,000 miles/yr ) and seat comfort is not near this good. Hope this helps. Congratulations on getting a GT500. Post pics when you get it.

DC :happy feet:

Archived