TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got my new wheels!!

cwilder

Michelin pilot sport PS2. 255/30ZR-20 for the front and 285/30ZR20 for the rear. I called Shelby and asked what tires they had on the SS. The guy went and checked and this is what he told me they had on the car? I haven't heard what is the official tire though.

CW

whose tire bands did you go with for tpms sensors?

td

JUST PUT MY NEW SHELBY WHEELS ON MY 07 TODAY AND I USED 255/35/20 ON FRONT AND 285/30/20 ON REAR.

WHEN I ORDERED MY TIRES FROM TIRE RACK THEY GAVE ME A HARD TIME ABOUT THE SIZE I WANTED TO USE AND TOLD ME I HAD TO USE THE ABOVE SIZES.----MISTAKE

THE CONTACT PATCH ON THE REAR IS 3/4"LESS THAN STOCK,I SHOULD HAVE USED 295/40/20 ON REAR AND A SIZE ON THE FRONT TO GO ALONG WITH THEM.

THEY ALSO DON'T LOOK RIGHT.SO I'M GONNA HAVE TO BURN THEM UP AND REPLACE THEM IN THE SPRING.

295/30/20 would be the perfect match to the 285/40/18 stockers. Both 686mm to 685 mm tall. The 285/30 is 5 mm shorter. Alcoas are beautiful.

• 2 months later...
This is what it looks like lowered with the Alc's. Lowered it with Eibach springs 1.7 inch. in back, 1.5 inch. in front. Nitto 555 rubber. No rubbing and the wheel hop is gone! Corners and holds much better than stock with lowered center. Just have to be more careful over speedbumps.

th_IMG_3690.jpg

th_IMG_3692.jpg

th_IMG_3691.jpg

th_IMG_3696.jpg

Thanks for posting these pic's. Now I have an idea what they would look like if I installed them. What's your take on the ride vs. stock

This is what it looks like lowered with the Alc's. Lowered it with Eibach springs 1.7 inch. in back, 1.5 inch. in front. Nitto 555 rubber. No rubbing and the wheel hop is gone! Corners and holds much better than stock with lowered center. Just have to be more careful over speedbumps.

th_IMG_3690.jpg

th_IMG_3692.jpg

th_IMG_3691.jpg

th_IMG_3696.jpg

Oh my goodness, this car looks awsome. I love these wheels and will be my choice also. Can't wait to see them on a Red w White car like mine.

Lookin good JXNSHLB

Michelin pilot sport PS2. 255/30ZR-20 for the front and 285/30ZR20 for the rear. I called Shelby and asked what tires they had on the SS. The guy went and checked and this is what he told me they had on the car? I haven't heard what is the official tire though.

CW

CW,

I was one of the first people to get the 20" Alcoas (not allocated to Super Snake production) and Shelby told me (and I verified it at Sema on the Supersnake) that the fronts are: 255/35/20 and the rears are: 275/35/20. The extra tire height is nice and it keeps the speedo correct. Regards.

Stuart

On a 285/30/20, I believe the difference at 60mph is less than 1/2 mph.

I'm not at my car at the moment and can't remember the size of the rear tire. (285/40/18). But it's within a 1/2" in height.

I don't know that I will be going through the process until I'm around a reputable dealer, and not the rip off artists that are in my area.

CW,

I was one of the first people to get the 20" Alcoas (not allocated to Super Snake production) and Shelby told me (and I verified it at Sema on the Supersnake) that the fronts are: 255/35/20 and the rears are: 275/35/20. The extra tire height is nice and it keeps the speedo correct. Regards.

Stuart

Please post pictures of your car, I have been very curious to see what the Alcoas would look like on a red Shelby.

Those look awesome on the cars :happy feet: ... I would like to see a convertible with them on, but those will be my choice for sure :happy feet: ... The only problem ordering them is UPS charges are CRAZY when they bring them North of the border :banghead:... That dash plaque cost me $90.00 for shipping and handling, I can just imagine what 4 of those would be :drop: ...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CW,

I'm also interested in seeing your ride lowered, with the Alcoas. I'm looking to do the same, eventually (should be my first functional mod - when all the snow melts!), and White over Vista was going to be my choice of colors if i ordered my car. I'd love to see how that comes out.

neo

PS - JXNSHLB, nice looking ride!

CW,

I'm also interested in seeing your ride lowered, with the Alcoas. I'm looking to do the same, eventually (should be my first functional mod - when all the snow melts!), and White over Vista was going to be my choice of colors if i ordered my car. I'd love to see how that comes out.

neo

PS - JXNSHLB, nice looking ride!

Here it is lowered(FRPP Suspension). I'm considering going with 35's vs. the 30's. It looks much better now. Overall I'm happy with the whole setup.

CW

th_022.jpg

th_021-1.jpg

Here it is lowered(FRPP Suspension). I'm considering going with 35's vs. the 30's. It looks much better now. Overall I'm happy with the whole setup.

CW

th_022.jpg

th_021-1.jpg

Cool, thanks for posting CW

Please post pictures of your car, I have been very curious to see what the Alcoas would look like on a red Shelby.

I saw this pic in another post so I figured I'd add it here since most of the other colors were in this thread.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...st&id=24149

• 4 months later...

when i called them today they told me it will be 265/35/20 front (20x9) and 285/35/20 rear(20x10).....and u got 255/35/20 front??........pls advice which should i get btw i have a v6 but i did the whole conversion kit to a shelby gt500 so what do u think ??

Archived