TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got my new wheels!!

cwilder

Looks great ....any more pics?

How does it ride now with the 20's on it that's my concern. Since you and I have the same color combo I'm very interested in those wheels too but the 20's concern me.

George

I'm having trouble downloading pics?? :banghead: I'll try and get some more later this afternoon.

As far as the ride, it's much stiffer. I have only driven it home from the tire store so I haven't been able to form a true opinion yet. I'm very happy with the wheels. The major thing I feel I need to do now is lower the car to get the look I want. The rear tire has way to much clearance now. I'm going for the SS look without black stripes anyway. Eibach springs are next followed by the SS hood and scopes.

CW

I'm having trouble downloading pics?? :banghead: I'll try and get some more later this afternoon.

As far as the ride, it's much stiffer. I have only driven it home from the tire store so I haven't been able to form a true opinion yet. I'm very happy with the wheels. The major thing I feel I need to do now is lower the car to get the look I want. The rear tire has way to much clearance now. I'm going for the SS look without black stripes anyway. Eibach springs are next followed by the SS hood and scopes.

CW

Try using ' photobucket.com' .......directions here http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=9559

what tires did u roll with?

Michelin pilot sport PS2. 255/30ZR-20 for the front and 285/30ZR20 for the rear. I called Shelby and asked what tires they had on the SS. The guy went and checked and this is what he told me they had on the car? I haven't heard what is the official tire though.

CW

Michelin pilot sport PS2. 255/30ZR-20 for the front and 285/30ZR20 for the rear. I called Shelby and asked what tires they had on the SS. The guy went and checked and this is what he told me they had on the car? I haven't heard what is the official tire though.

CW

hmm, I'm not sure you got the right tire information when you talked with Shelby. I think the 30's are too small for the car. When I inquired of Shelby, they told me this...

the speedo will need to be recalibrated anyway at the dealer or with a scan tool for you ECM no matter what. You should use a 20x9 in the front with a 255/35zr20 up front and the 20x10 with a 285/35zr20 in the rear. Thanks so much!

with this sizing it would have given you about 1/2" more sidewall in the front and keep you closer to stock wheel diameter.

sidewall height: 255x.3/25.4 = 3.01" -vs- 255x.35/25.4 = 3.51"

and just about that for the rear as well.

sidewall height: 285x.3/25.4 = 3.36" -vs- 285x.35/25.4 = 3.93"

Stock Wheel Diameter = Stock Front Wheel is 255 45 ZR 18 so ( 255 x .45 / 25.4 x 2 ) + 18" rim = 27.03"

Your Alcoa setup in front is currently 255 30 ZR 20 so ( 255 x .3 / 25.4 x 2 ) + 20" rim = 26.02"

I think you might need the 35's to get back to stock overall wheel diameter and I think you would enjoy the extra 1/2" of sidewall on the ride.

hmm, I'm not sure you got the right tire information when you talked with Shelby. I think the 30's are too small for the car. When I inquired of Shelby, they told me this...

the speedo will need to be recalibrated anyway at the dealer or with a scan tool for you ECM no matter what. You should use a 20x9 in the front with a 255/35zr20 up front and the 20x10 with a 285/35zr20 in the rear. Thanks so much!

with this sizing it would have given you about 1/2" more sidewall in the front and keep you closer to stock wheel diameter.

Stock Wheel Diameter = Stock Front Wheel is 255 45 ZR 18 so ( 255 x .45 / 25.4 x 2 ) + 18" rim = 27.03"

Your Alcoa setup in front is currently 255 30 ZR 20 so ( 255 x .3 / 25.4 x 2 ) + 20" rim = 26.02"

I think you might need the 35's to get back to stock overall wheel diameter and I think you would enjoy the extra 1/2" of sidewall on the ride.

Who makes a 285/35-20?

Here are the sizes you can get the PS2 in. Also in the left tool bar, there is a tire Calculator. Low profile tires on 20's lowered really sets these cars off. The ride is compromised some what but overall, the ride is still very good and the performance is even better. You just need to decide on what you want. I think he made a good choice with looks and performance in mind. Once it's lowered, that car will be even more beautiful.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireP...e&tc=MMIHZJ

Nice Job CW!!

looks nice and once lowered it will really come together.

I have CCW's SP550's coming in 19" with tires sized so the overall diameter is almost exact same as stock...front is spot on and rears are only slightly larger than stock diameter. Enjoy

Cwilder:

I think the ALCOA 20's look great!!! Here is a link to a site that compares the tire sizes/ gear ratio's. I think with the lower aspect ratio...you have effectively increased your gearing (numerically speaking).

http://www.fatboyraceworks.com/gears/index...h&Compare=1

Tom

CW

ME TOO FOR MY 20" RAZORS. GOOD CHOICE, THEY ARE GREAT SHOES. WHAT DID YOU DO ABOUT TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR BANDS?

JUST PUT MY NEW SHELBY WHEELS ON MY 07 TODAY AND I USED 255/35/20 ON FRONT AND 285/30/20 ON REAR.

WHEN I ORDERED MY TIRES FROM TIRE RACK THEY GAVE ME A HARD TIME ABOUT THE SIZE I WANTED TO USE AND TOLD ME I HAD TO USE THE ABOVE SIZES.----MISTAKE

THE CONTACT PATCH ON THE REAR IS 3/4"LESS THAN STOCK,I SHOULD HAVE USED 295/40/20 ON REAR AND A SIZE ON THE FRONT TO GO ALONG WITH THEM.

THEY ALSO DON'T LOOK RIGHT.SO I'M GONNA HAVE TO BURN THEM UP AND REPLACE THEM IN THE SPRING.

This is what it looks like lowered with the Alc's. Lowered it with Eibach springs 1.7 inch. in back, 1.5 inch. in front. Nitto 555 rubber. No rubbing and the wheel hop is gone! Corners and holds much better than stock with lowered center. Just have to be more careful over speedbumps.

th_IMG_3690.jpg

th_IMG_3692.jpg

th_IMG_3691.jpg

th_IMG_3696.jpg

Nitto 555 Extremes performance 255/35-20, 285/30-20. The Michellins were a good choice too. Are you going to do a suspension upgrade or just lower?

I plan to do both. I need to find a good shop here in San Antonio to do the work. I also have a Borla exhaust to install and would like to Add a CAI. I'm waiting for Shelby to come out with their's. If not I might go with the JLT.

CW

Archived