TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oil Leak

stentgraft95

I just got back from a car show with Alloy Dave (we had a great time and our cars seemed to get a lot attention) and parked her in the driveway to wipe off the smudges, fingerprints, and dust (black loves dust). I backed into the garage and put the car cover over it. It was then that I noticed a good size puddle in the drive where the car had been setting. Hmmm, it just crossed over 500 miles during this small trip. It appears to be dripping down on the round cross bar towards the back of the engine.

I did a search on oil leaks but this sight keeps showing an error for that although I can search for other things and it seems to work. I was wondering if anybody else has encountered this or anyone could give me an idea of where to look for the origin of this leak.

Stent

The oil filter is right above the K-shaped member on the driver side of the car. Is it coming from there?

I just found it---it seems like it may be coming out there although it's not definitive. Admittedly the oil filter is covered with oil but my experience has always been with new cars that the filter is on there so tinght it's a bitch to do the first oild change. Is it possible it's couldv'e worked loose? I wiped it down the best i could but I need to jack it up tomorrow to really be able to get to it.

I just found it---it seems like it may be coming out there although it's not definitive. Admittedly the oil filter is covered with oil but my experience has always been with new cars that the filter is on there so tinght it's a bitch to do the first oild change. Is it possible it's couldv'e worked loose? I wiped it down the best i could but I need to jack it up tomorrow to really be able to get to it.

Did you check the oil level?

Gregg,

Just saw this...ouch.

As for the search tool, you must have 4 letters or more...so when you enter "oil" it doesn't understand.

Also, you must put a + sign in front of each word.

Try this...

+leak +filter

Or something similar

Thanks Dave, I'll try that. Have you heard of any filters working loose on new car? Seems strange to me...

Gregg

At my first oil change at a dealership I had a gorilla do it and for about 2 or 3 days it dripped oil, but never leaked or used any.

Then again, flying jets, I've learned that 1 tablespoon of oil looks like a gallon on the ground.

Hope this is all it is.

At my first oil change at a dealership I had a gorilla do it and for about 2 or 3 days it dripped oil, but never leaked or used any.

Then again, flying jets, I've learned that 1 tablespoon of oil looks like a gallon on the ground.

Hope this is all it is.

I found the oil leak and had help identifying the part from Alloy Dave. It's coming from the oil filter adapter from one of the bolt holes where the cooler is mounted to the adapter. I jacked it up in the front, wiped off as much of the oil as I could and started it up to watch the leak. I could see it coming from right where I described. It doesn't look like and easy fix will probably have to go back to the dealer for this fix. It seems like an anomoly but i just want to share this with everybody.

Stent

I found the oil leak and had help identifying the part from Alloy Dave. It's coming from the oil filter adapter from one of the bolt holes where the cooler is mounted to the adapter. I jacked it up in the front, wiped off as much of the oil as I could and started it up to watch the leak. I could see it coming from right where I described. It doesn't look like and easy fix will probably have to go back to the dealer for this fix. It seems like an anomoly but i just want to share this with everybody.

Stent

Any update on this Stent??

at 6000 miles I was told I had a front cover seal oil leak but no oil has ever appeared on the ground. The Ford dealer said it would take 4 days to disassemble, and repair the leak.

My leak is definetly coming from the oil cooler/oil filter adapter and is going in tomorrow. The dealer has already got the the seals/o-rings in for replacment and I won't be leaving my car there for service overnight. I was adamant about that.

Archived