TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 OWNER'S ASSOCIATION

Staff

After reading most of the replies, I see most would like a serialized plaque like the Shelby GT. I too would like to see this plaque to be mounted just between the interior air vents just like the Shelby GT and also one for under the hood.

But after the last GT500 Shelby has roled off the assembly line. It would probably be easier to then send every GT500 Shelby owner the plague possibly formatted to recognize both Mr. Shelby and SVT.

For example and of course centered on the plaque:

# 1 of 15,000

Carroll Shelby

SVT

2007 Ford GT500 Shelby

or 2008 Ford GT500 Shelby

And this plaque be Silver or Gold engraved instead of paint printed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading most of the replies, I see most would like a serialized plaque like the Shelby GT. I too would like to see this plaque to be mounted just between the interior air vents just like the Shelby GT and also one for under the hood.

But after the last GT500 Shelby has roled off the assembly line. It would probably be easier to then send every GT500 Shelby owner the plague possibly formatted to recognize both Mr. Shelby and SVT.

For example and of course centered on the plaque:

# 1 of 15,000

Carroll Shelby

SVT

2007 Ford GT500 Shelby

or 2008 Ford GT500 Shelby

And this plaque be Silver or Gold engraved instead of paint printed.

Heh that sounds like a great idea. These cars are collector cars and I think a plaque would be so cool now and 20 years from now. Silver to match the interior would be good and something that would withstand the wearing of Father Time. Mailmanbc

Heh that sounds like a great idea. These cars are collector cars and I think a plaque would be so cool now and 20 years from now. Silver to match the interior would be good and something that would withstand the wearing of Father Time. Mailmanbc

What I've heard some folks planning to do is when Ford issues the sequence numbers (at the end of the production year), you can order another glove box lid, engrave the sequence info on it and send it with $200 to Shelby's Children's Foundation and he'll personally sign it for you. That'd be cool, I think!

(there's info on CS signing fees [donations] at the Shelby Autos website)

• 4 weeks later...

Las Vegas, NV would be a great place to hold a GT500 get-together. Along with all the lights, great weather, Carroll Shelby has his world headquarters here.

Lets have a west coast get together in Vegas Baby!

Thats a killer idea, count this Canuck in. Imagine - 1000+ Shelbys and we all roll into the Shelby plant - they would have to give us all plaques on the spot for our cars. Since your from Vegas you should start a thread just for this, if we get it going early enough 1000+ may not be to hard. I live in Canada and I've made two trips there this year alone.

If I was a betting man ;) and we could get that many cars to show up at one time to the Shelby Plant in Vegas, Carroll may make an appearance and sign them on the spot.

Las Vegas, NV would be a great place to hold a GT500 get-together. Along with all the lights, great weather, Carroll Shelby has his world headquarters here.

Lets have a west coast get together in Vegas Baby!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Great idea. A pic of a bunch of GT500's in the Shelby Autos parking lot would be sweet! Count me in. May not have my Shelby until June 2007, so please shedule for some time after that.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Great idea. A pic of a bunch of GT500's in the Shelby Autos parking lot would be sweet! Count me in. May not have my Shelby until June 2007, so please shedule for some time after that.

Consider concurrent with SEMA next fall? Last cruise B4 winter for lots of folks, and prebooked hotels might be allright at that time of the season. As well, there is a track in the area, and possible some assistance in booking and insuring it, via Shelby Auto and Ford.

Dan - you and I can ride in the Exursion and clear out intersections.

Damn - that means I'll need to lay in a supply of ammo in case we come across stalled Chevy's....

I'm on it. :baby:

I think we need to outfit the old Huey with TOW missles for that ;)

Fire up the Excursion, Bryan! :party:

Vegas in the fall with Carroll Shelby and SEMA.....that would be a great way to end the summer. I'm there!!

For sure!

...and the weekend before or after (this year it's before) SEMA is the NHRA Nationals at Las Vegas too!!!

Next year the new NHRA rules go into effect, so the last 4 events of the year become very special -- they will now be like 'playoffs' for the pro class titles.

For many years you earned points for round-wins/records/etc for the whole season to determine the winners. As a result, if there were substantial leads toward the end of the season, the last few events were often less interesting. For 2007, the top 16 (I believe) in the points in each pro category for the first 20 (approx) national events just gets you entry into the last 4 'playoffs' or 'finals' that determine the season winners. Las Vegas will be one of those 4!!!

So it would be great to have the Shelby event during the week that contains SEMA and the NHRA Finals! I don't think the 2007 season calendar has been published yet but Vegas will be in the final 4.

• 3 weeks later...

We are starting a 2007 GT500 Owners Association. We are doing exploratory studies to find out what's important to owners and enthusiasts. We are in the process of working out the details. We would like your feedback. What would you like to see? If you are interested in being involved please contact us.

Some basic ideas we are looking in to so far,

A seperate area password protected for members of the OA.

Putting together mettings and shows.

A private registry for the owners.

Tour of the plant during GT500 build.

And many other things that we are still working on.

If you have feedback for us please feel free to share your ideas with us.

Thanks,

Staff

StangsUnleashed.com

I was part of a recent meeting of 7 GT500s in the St Louis area. I would like to volunteer to help start the Missouti chapter. I live right in the middle of the state. Please let me know what I can do to help. I have ocntacts in the print industry as well as lots of graphic design experience. I'm just itching to get involved..

Cobra Boy

DSCF2841.jpg

DSCF2841.jpg

Consider concurrent with SEMA next fall? Last cruise B4 winter for lots of folks, and prebooked hotels might be allright at that time of the season. As well, there is a track in the area, and possible some assistance in booking and insuring it, via Shelby Auto and Ford.

You can count me in :happy feet: . It would be a nice drive from Oregon. I've been trying to get to SEMA for the last 2 years so this would be the icing on the cake. Let me know if I can help organize.

You can count me in :happy feet: . It would be a nice drive from Oregon. I've been trying to get to SEMA for the last 2 years so this would be the icing on the cake. Let me know if I can help organize.

I think the coolest thing would be to get all variants of the GT500 together for a photo op, on a sunny day so that those of us who have not gotten a chance to purchase one yet can see the side by side comparisons of the colors. Also it would be cool to see half to a mil worth of Shelby power together at once.

:shift:

I had a 2006 Mustang GT. I anticipated the shelby like everyone else here. I wanted that Shelby so bad I could taste it. The greed of the dealers pushed me away from the mustang and so I traded in my mustang for a 2006 C6 Corvette DSOM. I would never buy another mustang. I'm not just dumping on mustangs, but this corvette is in another century compared to the handling and power of my mustang. There are countless articles on the web about mustangs being beefed up and not competing with vettes. Of course mustangs are in a different class than vettes so it's really not a fair fight, but if you want power and real sportscar feel you have to give up the mustang and give the vette a chance. My corvette rides like a cadillac and has the power to put shelbys in the rearview mirror... and now I am only happy that I didn't pay the 20K over sticker that my dealer called me on. Hey I was a mustang guy, but if you can give the vette a shot I think you will feel the same way. I am extremely happy with everything on my vette.

I had a 2006 Mustang GT. I anticipated the shelby like everyone else here. I wanted that Shelby so bad I could taste it. The greed of the dealers pushed me away from the mustang and so I traded in my mustang for a 2006 C6 Corvette DSOM. I would never buy another mustang. I'm not just dumping on mustangs, but this corvette is in another century compared to the handling and power of my mustang. There are countless articles on the web about mustangs being beefed up and not competing with vettes. Of course mustangs are in a different class than vettes so it's really not a fair fight, but if you want power and real sportscar feel you have to give up the mustang and give the vette a chance. My corvette rides like a cadillac and has the power to put shelbys in the rearview mirror... and now I am only happy that I didn't pay the 20K over sticker that my dealer called me on. Hey I was a mustang guy, but if you can give the vette a shot I think you will feel the same way. I am extremely happy with everything on my vette.

mmmergler7,

I am glad you are happy with your purchase. While the dealers in you area might have been out of hand with the pricing, I paid sticker for my car with no haggling. As a matter of fact I met with a group of six other Shelby owners two weeks ago and at least one of them did the same so please don't let your bad experience turn you away.

As far as performance is concerned, have you read th new issue of Motor Trend? They run the GT500, the vette, and the new viper. The new vipe pretty well wind the show however, when you look at cubic inch displacement on each car, realize that the Shelby GT500 is generating 500 horses with only a 5.4L motor where as the competition is doing their hp with larger ci engines. Just imagine what would happen if Ford would stick a 6.8 in the Shelby?

Besides, once I put the new Roush supercharger on mine and pull 700hp, just name the time and the road. :spiteful:

Lastly, while I respect your purchase, it is just a corvette :D

I wanted that Shelby so bad I could taste it.

My corvette rides like a cadillac

1. I will waite for the taste of the GT500. :yup:

2. The vette is in a different class, you are right. Glad you like the caddy feel. It is not for me.

:reading: The Dec. Motor Trend.

The C6 runs 12.7 1/4 mile Car&Driver..Dec Motor trend has the shelby at 12.7 as well.. Car&Driver has the C6 a tad slower then motor trends 0 to 60.. Rear view mirror?? With a $450 tune the C6 will be in the rear view mirror.. this is a fact. Don't get me wrong I've owned a few vettes.. Just sold my Z06 to buy this shelby.. I know with a slight tune and CAI I will be competing with Z06's.. the Shelby has way more unlocked potential then a C6..

Power wise.. 1/4 mile shots.. the Shelby will take the C6 and with slight mods will be running Z06 times. Don't think the Shelby can ever handle like a vette though.. I will be running against vettes and will post my results in the spring.. You are right about one thing.. The shelby is in a different class then a vette. Cya in my rear view mirror :finger:

mmergler7 = maybe never really was a mustang fan? <lol>

The C6 runs 12.7 1/4 mile Car&Driver..Dec Motor trend has the shelby at 12.7 as well.. Car&Driver has the C6 a tad slower then motor trends 0 to 60.. Rear view mirror?? With a $450 tune the C6 will be in the rear view mirror.. this is a fact. Don't get me wrong I've owned a few vettes.. Just sold my Z06 to buy this shelby.. I know with a slight tune and CAI I will be competing with Z06's.. the Shelby has way more unlocked potential then a C6..

Power wise.. 1/4 mile shots.. the Shleby will take the C6 and with slight mods will be running Z06 times. Don't think the Shelby can ever handle like a vette though.. I will be running against vettes and will post my results in the spring.. You are right about one thing.. The shelby is in a different class thean a vette. Cya in my rear view mirror :finger:

Captainbob = definately a mustang fan! :happy feet:

Want to take a guess on how many sales Ford has lost over this program? And I feel very comfortable in saying they'll never be back. Now that Mustangs are priced in the range of sports cars(not sporty cars) and all. Was this the plan Ford? :doh:

I'd hope Ford has figured out that the whole GT500 thing from release to now hasn't been good for business. Whether they wanted to or not the pricing of the GT500 is a bigger story than how great the car is. The way some folks are being dealt with when even asking about the car's price should make Ford cringe. They need to sell every one they can make and someone needs to get them a plan because buyouts aren't a solution for long term success.

IMHO A 3rd production year would make sense everybody that wants one could eventually have a descent shot at one. Having more of the great car on the streets would be a good thing.

I picked up my Alloy coupe /Stripe delete yesterday from a small dealer south of Dallas/ Ft worth. I paid $43370.00($200 under MSRP), total drive out $ 46362.07. The car is as near to perfect as any I have owned(including Lexus). The paint and color are really nice( I changed mid stream from White w/blue stripes to the Alloy). The best part about this experience has been the Sales Manager who I bought the car from and the Owner, who I met yesterday when I picked it up. They both kept their word on our deal even when someone else offered them more money. I also ran across some really bad dealers also. My point is you have to look for the good deals. I called and e-mailed over 50 dealers just in a 100 mile radius to find this deal.

I picked up my Alloy coupe /Stripe delete yesterday from a small dealer south of Dallas/ Ft worth. I paid $43370.00($200 under MSRP), total drive out $ 46362.07. The car is as near to perfect as any I have owned(including Lexus). The paint and color are really nice( I changed mid stream from White w/blue stripes to the Alloy). The best part about this experience has been the Sales Manager who I bought the car from and the Owner, who I met yesterday when I picked it up. They both kept their word on our deal even when someone else offered them more money. I also ran across some really bad dealers also. My point is you have to look for the good deals. I called and e-mailed over 50 dealers just in a 100 mile radius to find this deal.

Good job.. Thats a rarety.. I contacted over 25 dealers nationwide and still paid 15k over..

My dealer and sales person were 1st class thru the whole deal though.. Lawly ford in Az.. All the way from Seattle to get it.. Nice to hear someone came out w/ a smokin deal

Archived