TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 OWNER'S ASSOCIATION

Staff

We are starting a 2007 GT500 Owners Association. We are doing exploratory studies to find out what's important to owners and enthusiasts. We are in the process of working out the details. We would like your feedback. What would you like to see? If you are interested in being involved please contact us.

Some basic ideas we are looking in to so far,

A seperate area password protected for members of the OA.

Putting together mettings and shows.

A private registry for the owners.

Tour of the plant during GT500 build.

And many other things that we are still working on.

If you have feedback for us please feel free to share your ideas with us.

Thanks,

Staff

StangsUnleashed.com

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are starting a 2007 GT500 Owners Association. We are doing exploratory studies to find out what's important to owners and enthusiasts. We are in the process of working out the details. We would like your feedback. What would you like to see? If you are interested in being involved please contact us.

Some basic ideas we are looking in to so far,

A seperate area password protected for members of the OA.

Putting together mettings and shows.

A private registry for the owners.

Tour of the plant during GT500 build.

And many other things that we are still working on.

If you have feedback for us please feel free to share your ideas with us.

Thanks,

Staff

StangsUnleashed.com

Group purchase/group pricing.

At least a couple of GT500/SVT trained techs that can help us ascertain whether or not we even NEED to take it to the shop, or is "X" something that's normal for the car?

Two "drive-ins" per year, one for the western part....say Denver for instance, and one for the east, like Louisville.

Group/club discounts for auto events.....particularly those based around Shelbys.

Get Shelby to create a specific VIN/Tag for each of our cars. Even if it costs a hundred bucks (to his charity), it's something that HE approved, above and beyond Ford...making it, perhaps, more of a Carrol Shelby project than just having his name across the butt. Oh, I'm sorry, on the left cheek.

Thanks,

bj

Group purchase/group pricing.

At least a couple of GT500/SVT trained techs that can help us ascertain whether or not we even NEED to take it to the shop, or is "X" something that's normal for the car?

Two "drive-ins" per year, one for the western part....say Denver for instance, and one for the east, like Louisville.

Group/club discounts for auto events.....particularly those based around Shelbys.

Get Shelby to create a specific VIN/Tag for each of our cars. Even if it costs a hundred bucks (to his charity), it's something that HE approved, above and beyond Ford...making it, perhaps, more of a Carrol Shelby project than just having his name across the butt. Oh, I'm sorry, on the left cheek.

Thanks,

bj

I like all of these ideas, especially the tour of the plant during the build. If I could swing the cash to make the trip, that would rock! The get-togethers would be great as well.

Robert knows I'm interested in the tour.

*** Side Note: I went on a tour of MTP with an Expedition owners Group back in 2000. It was a great experience ***

I like what VNMOUS1 posted, although I like the idea I doubt that group pricing will fly.

By "drive ins" do you mean a driving school like BMW, MB, Corvette, etc. do? That would be cool. Track time with instructor input would be worth the price of admission.

By the end of the GT500 production, the registry might need to be further broken down by state/province to make managing a little easier.

Robert knows I'm interested in the tour.

*** Side Note: I went on a tour of MTP with an Expedition owners Group back in 2000. It was a great experience ***

I like what VNMOUS1 posted, although I like the idea I doubt that group pricing will fly.

By "drive ins" do you mean a driving school like BMW, MB, Corvette, etc. do? That would be cool. Track time with instructor input would be worth the price of admission.

By the end of the GT500 production, the registry might need to be further broken down by state/province to make managing a little easier.

Let me clarify, as I am not suggesting group pricing for cars, but for aftermarket items. We had that in the Corvette club. Hell, I had a Mazdaspeed MX5 and that club got a $200 off deal on Magnaflows for us.

By "drive in's" I meant regional meets, but those would include track days with on-track opps as well as driving clinics by Bondurant, etc. Had that in the 'Vette club, too. It was something like 200 bucks but included a BBQ one afternoon....a (cash bar) social time that night with gues speakers....the following day included clinics that had to be signed up for in advance and finally, a sanctioned "race" event where everyone could piss off their insurance agent.

:shift:

bj

With the interest in this car, a specific owners association is a great idea. With SAAC and SVTOA (or whatever the new version will be called), a GT500 owners association needs to offer the owners what the other two clubs do not.

Group buying power for aftermarket parts - especially Ford Racing Parts and Ford replacement parts is a must - long after the warranty has expired.

Track days and clinics are a good idea as well.

An owners specific website and forum with lots of tech info and info on modifications from mild to wild.

An electronic newsletter makes more sense than a printed version. But if the website is done well, a newsletter is not needed.

-Just my .02

Lots of good ideas so I'll leave you with this. I found that the SVTOA is a very inclusive group and we are better for it. We had lots of other ENTHUSIASTs out at track days from lots of manufacturers and it made for a lot more fun with 25-40 cars than if you only had a few. Energy builds from volume. P.S. might wnat to check into this SVTOA/Ford Performance Club Lots better if the factory is involved. :yup:

I like what BJ said above.

If we could arrange delivery at the plant - like Corvettes - I'd be there. I want to pick it up in MI. And - I'd pay extra for that - like $500.00.

I'm in for everything else - like the meet in Louisville. :shift:

If we could arrange delivery at the plant - like Corvettes - I'd be there. I want to pick it up in MI. And - I'd pay extra for that - like $500.00.

How about a personnal video(dvd) of your car getting built,..and the have everyone sign a certificate that worked on building the car?! Just a thought! :shift:

Based on 2006 pricing, the cost for Museum Delivery of my 2007 Corvette ZO6 is $490. Right on track with the figure from RUFDRAFT above.

Factory delivery to customers and regional meetings, especially with available track-time and/or portable chassis dyno, would be great.

And... how about starting/coordinating an annual over-road event that ENDS at a location with track facilities... a sorta "One-Marque Miniature One Lap".

Based on 2006 pricing, the cost for Museum Delivery of my 2007 Corvette ZO6 is $490. Right on track with the figure from RUFDRAFT above.

Factory delivery to customers and regional meetings, especially with available track-time and/or portable chassis dyno, would be great.

And... how about starting/coordinating an annual over-road event that ENDS at a location with track facilities... a sorta "One-Marque Miniature One Lap".

To build on the tour idea....

One thing that would be really nice is to have one or two of the actual Ford SVT engineers (not the chief engineer...he's more of a manager...I'm thinking of the "in the trenches" engineers) present for a 1-2 hour tech meeting at which we can ask questions about certain aspects of the cars, have them talk about what stumbling blocks they had along the way, give us some "unknown" secrets about why things were done a certain way, and just allow us to ask them questions in general. Perhaps we could get them to sign photos of our cars as well.

I was in a Camaro club many years ago and Chevrolet sponsored such an event at Warren, MI at their Tech Center....it was awesome. We were able to ask questions about upcoming models/changes, etc. For example, this was how many Camaro enthusiasts stumbled upon the ability to order the "B4C", which was the stealthy police interceptor Camaro back in the early '90s. It was a complete Z28 drivetrain with no outside badging...only visual evidence was the rear swaybar. Some enthusiasts ordered them this way...not sure if this would even be legal today...but I did notice in the Order Guide that Ford had wording about "emergency" vehicles or something similar.

Terry

I love all of these ideas.

Especially would like to have some kind of signed Shelby plate on the dash like the GT-H's.

Or hand signed by Shelby above the glovebox. This piece could be provided to him in advance and pulled for installation at time of production of our cars. I can't explain what that would mean to me!!!

Meeting Carroll Shelby at a tour of the plant for autographed pictures with the man himself.

A special edition of the Ford Magazine with our names in it as the first owners, and number one fans.

Certificates from Ford/SVT with our names and VIN's, build dates, and production numbers, etc.

KingCobra.

B -

With all the toys at your disposal - how can you spend so much time here?!

Or - are you wireless? :happy feet:

I'm giving foot massages here to help pay for the lowering springs and Bassani exhaust.

B -

With all the toys at your disposal - how can you spend so much time here?!

Or - are you wireless? :happy feet:

I'm giving foot massages here to help pay for the lowering springs and Bassani exhaust.

Well... all the old muscle and the jet boat are in storage in Oklahoma (arrgh!); the Ford GT creates a parade or public forum everywhere I go; I take turns on the SE V-Rod and R1 each afternoon; and the SRT8 gets grocery duties. All the other stuff is just "paper" until it gets here, including the GT500s.

Hey, wireless laptop on the R1?.....Nah!

Affirmative!

Let's see how dedicated 'ol Carroll is to this car.

He isn't getting his hands dirty - perhaps he'd like to "pay it forward" for us. :shift:

I like that idea to but just incase that doesn't go through?you can send $200.00 U.S to the Carol Shelby heart foundation and he will sign for example head visor, glove box and I think $150.00 U.S for shirt or picture just in case you or any still wanted the car signe'd by Carol.BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!! :party: :happy feet: :bandance:

Affirmative!

Let's see how dedicated 'ol Carroll is to this car.

He isn't getting his hands dirty - perhaps he'd like to "pay it forward" for us. :shift:

I think next years model ('08),you'll see his name signed on dash,plus the car will look even tougher(with alot more carroll shelby influences) and even more performance than the svt version this year! Time will tell! Only bad part I see,it will probably cost more than this years model!

Ah. Good point. And therein lies the quandry.

How much hp for how much?

I'm getting mine - barely.

And - if the MSRP gets close to $43k - now we're talking C6 numbers. (Kerbeck has some coupes with Z71 for about $44k)

I don't see them changing the styling from '07-08. Not cost effective. The Mach 1's were identical in '03 & '04.

How is this sounding to you Robert???

Have you guys been kicking any ideas yourselves???

Any way I can turn my GT500 from an Shelby-light into a Shelby Extra-Strength,

is what I'm after. I am tatally devoted to this car, but Carroll Shelby is what drew

me into this car in the first place. It's not a Ford GT500, it's a Shelby GT500!!!

KingCobra.

Ah. Good point. And therein lies the quandry.

How much hp for how much?

I'm getting mine - barely.

And - if the MSRP gets close to $43k - now we're talking C6 numbers. (Kerbeck has some coupes with Z71 for about $44k)

I don't see them changing the styling from '07-08. Not cost effective. The Mach 1's were identical in '03 & '04.

Ah... the elusive and ultra-rare Z71 C6 :headscratch: ... let's go muddin'!! :shrug:

B - do I sense some sarcasm?

For shame, my boy.

Would your financial advisor have you buy a Mustang at $43k or a Vette?

Yes... sarcasm is one of the true joys in life.

My financial adivsor (if I had one) would break into cold sweats over me having an "inventory" of cars.

I was referring to the Z71 'Vette, which I'm sure you intended as Z51. Z71 is the RPO code for off-road packages on 4x4 pickups. Christine would NOT like this option. That was an interesting visual concept, though.

"Breaker 1-9, breaker 1-9. C'mon back. Gotcher ears on?"

Yes. You are correct!

Now - how about the question?

C6 or Shelby for the same money?

B-

Well... a base C6 'Vette Coupe 1LT with NO optional equipment stickers for $44,490. I'm not at all interested in that car, unless I bought a raffle ticket. A completely loaded Coupe 3LT with Z51 and ALL compatible options, including chrome wheels, stickers for $56,670. With a discount, or even at GM-S (employee's pricing), it's significantly more money than a GT500 at MSRP.

All this to say... logical choice or passionate choice, MSRP for MSRP has to be the GT500.

Now about the ZO6...

-B

[quote name='RUFDRAFT' date='May 20 2006, 11:20 PM' post='137

Would your financial advisor have you buy a Mustang at $43k or a Vette?

I know you love mustang's buy your history of car's owned :shift: here in CANADA -eh!2007gt500roughly $63,000cdn out the door2007 c6almost $100,000cdn out the door That's 1 reason I picked the shelbygt500.But even so if they were both $100,000cdn down the line 10-15 year's the shelbygt500 will be worth more than the c6. Why your financial advisor ask's? 1-the first 2007 SHELBYGT500 sold for over $600,000 U.S the first 2007C6? 2-the car has meaning behind it CAROL SHELBY [1 of the greatest man on earth!]and also S.V.T.C6? 3-this factory mustang out perform a c6.Check forum "lap of AMERICA "you will be suprised how well the gt500 did it even beat it's big brother ZO6 on the track!amzaing can't even believe it! 5 year's ago who would of thoght :shrug: 4-till today pepole are paying $20,000 over mrsp for this car C6?don't get me wrong thogh I did not buy this car car for investment but to be a proud owner.But if my financial adviser told me different after my 4 point's listed above I would give him a few of these :finger: then tell him i will advise him :hysterical: anyway my 2cent's.BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!! :party: :happy feet: :bandance:

Archived