TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 OWNER'S ASSOCIATION

Staff

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love all of these ideas.

Especially would like to have some kind of signed Shelby plate on the dash like the GT-H's.

Or hand signed by Shelby above the glovebox. This piece could be provided to him in advance and pulled for installation at time of production of our cars. I can't explain what that would mean to me!!!

Meeting Carroll Shelby at a tour of the plant for autographed pictures with the man himself.

A special edition of the Ford Magazine with our names in it as the first owners, and number one fans.

Certificates from Ford/SVT with our names and VIN's, build dates, and production numbers, etc.

KingCobra.

If this could happen it would be great & i know Carroll would have no problem with this .

Shelby 001

I understand Carroll has a shop near L.A. I don't know if he lives in the area but perhaps a rally in that region (AZ, NV, CA) could bring him out. My dealer told me my delivery would probably be the end of August first of September and I'm #1 on his list. Most new owners probably won't have theirs too much before winter, and for those of us in the North it would be nice to go say to Vegas, Laughlin/Bullhead City for a rally with Carroll. We could warm up more than our tires and possibly get an autographed dash!

I understand Carroll has a shop near L.A. I don't know if he lives in the area but perhaps a rally in that region (AZ, NV, CA) could bring him out. My dealer told me my delivery would probably be the end of August first of September and I'm #1 on his list. Most new owners probably won't have theirs too much before winter, and for those of us in the North it would be nice to go say to Vegas, Laughlin/Bullhead City for a rally with Carroll. We could warm up more than our tires and possibly get an autographed dash!

Hey, gchaser1... yes... Carroll's shop is in greater Vegas about 20 minutes north of the city center on the grounds of the raceway -- they assemble the classic Cobras there. One a week they do a nice tour of the operation and the Museum is open on a regular basis (very cool -- all the Shelby 'Stangs and Cobras on display).

You have an awesome idea -- I just flew back from there today and the thought crossed my mind. A lot of flat out roads out there and everyone likes a visit to Vegas.

Another possibility, for those who can't work out a drive to Vegas, could be a rally in Shelbyville TN... no, no connection to THE MAN but, hey, it's a beautiful town and might be a cool meeting point in the east. After all, Laconia and Sturgis are just sleepy little towns until 350,000 bikers descend' each year, so maybe it's actually our OBLIGATION to adopt Shelbyville TN for our annual Rally <grin> No, no, I don't live down there, but it is pretty country and cruising the Great Smokey Mouintain's twisties would be a lot of fun AND I believe there's a major NHRA National event in TN (Memphis?) each summer it could be timed to coincide with... anyhow, just thinking out loud...

Hey, gchaser1... yes... Carroll's shop is in greater Vegas about 20 minutes north of the city center on the grounds of the raceway -- they assemble the classic Cobras there. One a week they do a nice tour of the operation and the Museum is open on a regular basis (very cool -- all the Shelby 'Stangs and Cobras on display).

You have an awesome idea -- I just flew back from there today and the thought crossed my mind. A lot of flat out roads out there and everyone likes a visit to Vegas.

Another possibility, for those who can't work out a drive to Vegas, could be a rally in Shelbyville TN... no, no connection to THE MAN but, hey, it's a beautiful town and might be a cool meeting point in the east. After all, Laconia and Sturgis are just sleepy little towns until 350,000 bikers descend' each year, so maybe it's actually our OBLIGATION to adopt Shelbyville TN for our annual Rally <grin> No, no, I don't live down there, but it is pretty country and cruising the Great Smokey Mouintain's twisties would be a lot of fun AND I believe there's a major NHRA National event in TN (Memphis?) each summer it could be timed to coincide with... anyhow, just thinking out loud...

There is a Shelbyville, IN too just on the South East on Indianapolis....Maybe it could be worked out like for the HOG I am a member of to get a few laps at the Speedway if there was enough interest....Now we also have an F1 race track in the speedway - how awsome would that be. We just do the loop for HOG but the road track would blow that away....especially in a car that belongs there :shift:

If this could happen it would be great & i know Carroll would have no problem with this .

Shelby 001

Sounds like you have a foot in the door there.....

Do ya??? Do ya???

What part did you mean that Carroll would have no problem with???

KingCobra.

Indy 500 + GT500 + Shelby + Shelbyville, IN = A GREAT TIME Could the stars line up any better? I think it should be a must do.

Sounds like you have a foot in the door there.....

Do ya??? Do ya???

What part did you mean that Carroll would have no problem with???

KingCobra.

I would meet Carroll anytime or anywhere to get his signature on my glove box. It would be a major event in my life. If you know something, please share!!! :sos:

Indy 500 + GT500 + Shelby + Shelbyville, IN = A GREAT TIME Could the stars line up any better? I think it should be a must do.

I would meet Carroll anytime or anywhere to get his signature on my glove box. It would be a major event in my life. If you know something, please share!!! :sos:

Shelbyville Indiana is about 30min away from the track driving the speed limit. I belong to the Mustang Club of Indianapolis and hold an annual event at the track in July. Having said that the track doesnt let you take you car up to speed or do any hot laps. The corvette and viper club made sure that never happened again. They will let you drive 30 / 40 mph single file around the track once. We do it every year. I think we are the only car club that still has this privilage.

I went to the Shelby Spring Fling in Nashville Indiana this past week and it was a blast. Next year they are talking about 5 hot laps around the Salem 1/2 mile 33degree banking speedway in Salem Indiana. Yes 33 degree banking just like Daytona. Now there would be an event. New and old Shelby's all in one place taking hot laps. The drive or pony ride starts in Nashville on friday the show is on saturday and awards are saturday night. Its alot of fun.

Shelbyville? Isn't that right next to Springfield, and in the general area of Ogdenville and North Haverbrook?

Sorry, I couldn't resist the Simpsons reference. :doh:

Ah... I love it! ;-)

Hey, just did a quick search and, apparently, there are Shelbyvilles all over the place -- this must be fate... Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee... who knows how many more? Shelbyville TN is in the foothills about 50 mi SE of Nashville, pop is about 20K... haven't been there in ages.

Hmmmm, ok, I'm listening.... waiting....

wishing...

and

hoping....

(hmm, that was a Dusty Springfield tune, wasn't it....)

Did you know that for a $200 donation to his children's fund, Carroll will sign any car part you ship to him? So if you want your glove compartment cover signed, check out the Shelby Autos site...

ok, back to waiting.... :baby:

Stay with us!

There is more coming! :shift:

More coming??? :banghead:

What's coming??? :shrug:

Hey, how did you become part of the Dream Team??? :cheerleader::rockon:

Maybe I'm not posting enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sos:

KingCobra.

We are starting a 2007 GT500 Owners Association. We are doing exploratory studies to find out what's important to owners and enthusiasts. We are in the process of working out the details. We would like your feedback. What would you like to see? If you are interested in being involved please contact us.

Some basic ideas we are looking in to so far,

A seperate area password protected for members of the OA.

Putting together mettings and shows.

A private registry for the owners.

Tour of the plant during GT500 build.

And many other things that we are still working on.

If you have feedback for us please feel free to share your ideas with us.

Thanks,

Please ask them why they did`t paint the outside mirrors the same colour as the car?

Also will these cars have BLACK BOXES ? :sos:

Shelby001

Staff

StangsUnleashed.com

Hmmmm, ok, I'm listening.... waiting....

wishing...

and

hoping....

(hmm, that was a Dusty Springfield tune, wasn't it....)

Did you know that for a $200 donation to his children's fund, Carroll will sign any car part you ship to him? So if you want your glove compartment cover signed, check out the Shelby Autos site...

ok, back to waiting.... :baby:

Thanks for the information, and it is a great cause.

You had to bring up the black box thing, huh? ;-) I've been keeping a chinese handcuff handy to slip on every time it crosses my mind. But now you've opened Pandora's Box (no pun intended) :doh:

I'm not a lawyer, but there have already been several cases when black boxes have been subpoened in accidents. Not sure which state/s but police used it against a driver who was unaware the box was there. I believe that case stuck, but another, where the owner knew/didn't-know (not sure) his car had a box, was able to prevent it being used as evidence somehow. Not exactly sure where precedent stands now but I believe if you write to your auto's manufacturer they have to disclose to you, but, as far as I know, they're not being put into any hi-po rides by Ford or GM, but don't expect a note in the engine compartment if that has changed. There was also a supreme court case that was pending in NY, I believe, but not sure the outcome. It had to do with your right/s to request that it be disabled and that the manufacturer doesn't have to comply, but if they don't, you can block it from evidence and have it seized and held by a judge until after a suit against you is finished (kinda like the knife in the OJ case being held by a 'friend-of'the-court' until trial was over). Again, I'm not a lawyer, but if anyone knows where case-law stands on this, I'd sure like to know. ...and if you shoot it in the heart, will your car still start? ;-)

Hey, where's lawdude when we need him? ;-) Sending him an SOS :sos:

I threatened to put my original avatar back up!

I'm working on something for us.

When it's a definite go - I'll let ya know.

Very cool. :shift:

Hey!!!!!

Are you trying to win my reverence from Robert??? :doh:

PLEASE!!! Feel free to try. :rockon:

Besides I always thought it was weird that you used a picture of Mel Gibson for your avitar.

OhOh, I think I might have buttered you a little too thick there. DAMB!!! :banghead:

KingCobra.

:hysterical:

You're doing fine. :happy feet:

Aw, c'mon, Brian.....

...tell 'em how you got Disney to do a Carroll Shelby Day and all ...with the GT500 coral in main lot and free admission to the test track... I know Mickey gets to drive with Carroll in the prototype.... :hysterical: but can I ride shotgun with ya... pleeeease, pretty pleeeeese..... with ice cream on top ????

huh ya, huh ya,

yer friend,

'Goofy'

<hey, what's with the white lab coats and ropes, guys? This ain't no Porsche dealership here... >

<send... help... fast... :sos: hearing... voices... again....>

Do you have any idea how much I look forward to checking my email and seeing a string of hits for this site?

What's really cool is about 10-12 pm - when I can't keep up with the new postings. I'm ready for bed - but 4 more pop up!

Ha. What therapy. :hysterical:

You guys/gals are a trip. :happy feet:

Do you have any idea how much I look forward to checking my email and seeing a string of hits for this site?

What's really cool is about 10-12 pm - when I can't keep up with the new postings. I'm ready for bed - but 4 more pop up!

Ha. What therapy. :hysterical:

You guys/gals are a trip. :happy feet:

Amen to that, RUF...

laptop leg burns here... :extinguish:

Archived