TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 OWNER'S ASSOCIATION

Staff

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There really are some great ideas posted, and I'd like to reinforce some:

1. I'd like everyone that assembled the car to sign a trunk name plate.

2. I'd like the person that assembled the engine to also sign a separate nameplate in the engine compartment.

3. I'd like a special VIN# that tells what number the car was in sequence off the line.

4. I'd like to visit the plant and see the cars being built..... especially mine!

5. I'd like to pick my car up at the factory.

6. I'd especially like to have a ralley for '07 Shelby owners and enthusiasts....For that matter I'd like to meet the folks that have contributed to this website to personnaly say thanks.

7. One last idea...... It would be great to have the full contents of this website put on some type of stable storage format so that I could place it in the trunk as a "Time Capsule". 50 years from now, I think the historians would find it valuable to read what it was like to be in our shoes. The emotional highs and lows we've gone through. The mere fact that we hang on to the smallest detail. We are curently living a great story that others will enjoy! :shift:

It would be useful to have some kind of 'Tech Link' in addition to some of the other really good ideas above. What I mean by this is that it would include some one-stop shopping for things like TSBs where we could actually see the TSB itself. I know the car will be perfect for ever and so there will be only little,little stuff. But. It would be useful for us gearheads to tie in to GT500 specific stuff.

I know all good ideas will probaly cost money. It could be that some of us would be able some volunteer time to help - via the internet - do some of these proposed functions.

Take a look at HOG (Harley Owners Group). They have a great model where annual dues are paid and things like roadside assistance, rally's, membership patches/pins are offeres. They have patches & pins for events thus all the bikers with jackets and hats with all of the stuff showing what they have been a part of. It goes a long way in giving something to both sides. Keep in mind that Ford has to run a business and is unlikely to just give things away, but if the owners group gets strong enough like HOG they will work with the group.....but just the picking up at the plant thing would be awsome - especially if it was a group thing so to speak where a few hundred at a time showed up and drove out of town :)

:cheerleader:

We are starting a 2007 GT500 Owners Association. We are doing exploratory studies to find out what's important to owners and enthusiasts. We are in the process of working out the details. We would like your feedback. What would you like to see? If you are interested in being involved please contact us.

Some basic ideas we are looking in to so far,

A seperate area password protected for members of the OA.

Putting together mettings and shows.

A private registry for the owners.

Tour of the plant during GT500 build.

And many other things that we are still working on.

If you have feedback for us please feel free to share your ideas with us.

Thanks,

Staff

StangsUnleashed.com

A plant tour would be an excellent idea---keep up the good work

I would suggest that the owners association use its members numbers to pressure Carol Shelby/Ford to send each owner a production certificate at the end of the production run stating the total number of cars built and the serial number range of all cars built each year.

How about a keychain in brass or silver "Shelby GT500, Powered by SVT" (lettering in car color) with your car's SN engraved on the back. And a leather fob to protect from scratches. pay $100 and All proceeds above costs going to Shelby's kids heart foundation.

What will the owners assn be called?

If the 03/04 Cobras were called the "Terminators", what will the GT500's be called?

"Devistators"?

Devistator Owners Assn - DOA, just has a bad ring to it.

The Devastator was a WWII torpedo bomber that had a disastrous outing at the Battle of Midway, June 1942, whereby the vast majority of its aircrews were killed.

Devastator

How about:

The Separator - Biggest Mustang threat to spousal relations ever!

The Incinerator - Hottest production Mustang ever!

The Guzzleator - Self explanatory

The Irritator - Ford's answer to customer relations and loyalty

The Obliterator - Destroyer of dealer Red ink / Most ADMed Mustang in history

The Procrastinator - Mustang with the longest delay in release of pricing information

The Liberator - The Mustang which parted the most folks from the most money ever.

The Schwarzeneger - Nah

or

The Exterminator - exterminates rice-eating roaches and other lowlife creatures

The Devastator was a WWII torpedo bomber that had a disastrous outing at the Battle of Midway, June 1942, whereby the vast majority of its aircrews were killed.

Devastator

How about:

The Separator - Biggest Mustang threat to spousal relations ever!

The Incinerator - Hottest production Mustang ever!

The Guzzleator - Self explanatory

The Irritator - Ford's answer to customer relations and loyalty

The Obliterator - Destroyer of dealer Red ink / Most ADMed Mustang in history

The Procrastinator - Mustang with the longest delay in release of pricing information

The Liberator - The Mustang which parted the most folks from the most money ever.

The Schwarzeneger - Nah

or

The Exterminator - exterminates rice-eating roaches and other lowlife creatures

One of the best "humor" posts on this entire site!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Lots of good ideas so I'll leave you with this. I found that the SVTOA is a very inclusive group and we are better for it. We had lots of other ENTHUSIASTs out at track days from lots of manufacturers and it made for a lot more fun with 25-40 cars than if you only had a few. Energy builds from volume. P.S. might wnat to check into this SVTOA/Ford Performance Club Lots better if the factory is involved. :yup:

I agree! While many were greiving for SVTOA, I was in a wait and see attitude. I like the idea of the all inclusive club. I think the benefits are great. Not that this could not be a part of mind you. I am fearfull we will bcome so exclusive, we can be seen as snobby to the rest. If I wanted that I'd buy a Covette :)

Yes... sarcasm is one of the true joys in life.

My financial adivsor (if I had one) would break into cold sweats over me having an "inventory" of cars.

I was referring to the Z71 'Vette, which I'm sure you intended as Z51. Z71 is the RPO code for off-road packages on 4x4 pickups. Christine would NOT like this option. That was an interesting visual concept, though.

"Breaker 1-9, breaker 1-9. C'mon back. Gotcher ears on?"

There is no choice! You are either a Mustang Shelby enthusiast or not. My only complaint, is that I'm tired of ONLY getting to see my Torch Red w/Performance white striped baby online, I want her in my driveway! It would also be nice and kind of fun if we had some sort of tracking number, like UPS, so we could type in the tracking # and we would get live video of exactly where she was in the production line.

There is no choice! You are either a Mustang Shelby enthusiast or not. My only complaint, is that I'm tired of ONLY getting to see my Torch Red w/Performance white striped baby online, I want her in my driveway! It would also be nice and kind of fun if we had some sort of tracking number, like UPS, so we could type in the tracking # and we would get live video of exactly where she was in the production line.

Hi, MustangMissy. Welcome to the forum.

I agree. You either are or aren't a Shelby enthusiast. But... you can ALSO be a Corvette enthusiast... and Viper enthusiast... and Porsche... and Mercedes... and BMW... and... and... and...

I am a CAR enthusiast. Old or new... foreign or domestic.

AND I'm a motorcycle enthusiast... boat enthusiast... ANYTHING FAST!!!!

Big world with big choices. Why not have them ALL????!!!!

It makes sense to me that SVTOA be broadened to include all Ford hi-po vehicles, including the GT500 and future goodies. I like the notion of it being inclusive rather than exclusive. I never brought my 01 Cobra to a SVTOA track event but really wanted to do that (just couldn't work it out) and I like that SVTOA is already a well oiled and organized machine and, as another post pointed out, no reason why the GT500 could not be a subsection/special-interest group within SVTOA. This would also logically embrace the overlapped flavor-of-the-year approach Ford seems to be on (which I like). Also, the sharing that comes from a larger family at events is very powerful and would add to the enjoyment immensely, in my opinion.

I agree that some kind of special vehicle tags are appropriate for the GT500 (and possibly some of the others coming) buy I'd actually like these treated like the early Shelbys with a separate registry over at Shelby Autos or something similar. Since the VINS won't all be in any number sequence (asuming that's still the build plan), a separate placque in the engine compartment (or ???) indicating sequence (GT500-0001, etc), sort of a formalization of what was being done for the Cobras, would be nice -- even though it would necessarily be after the fact (again, if the native Ford VINs won't bein seq.).

But what I really really want the most is my butt in the seat in second gear leaving the hairpin at Watkins Glen winding out the sweet song of those 475+ ponies ;-)

WWhhooo,

500 ponies, if you please!!!

We can't leave any of them out, they'd be hurt.

KingCobra.

It was a compromise <grin> 475-480 at the rear wheels, 525 at the crank -- at least that's what Ford employees told thousands in New York (NYIAS) last month ;-) Can't wait!!!!

This is a must do. There are many great ideas here. One I would add is to have a rally where Carroll Shelby could be present to autograph some dashes. We can dream can't we?

What a great idea and possibly very doable -- would work so nice with a factory-tour and pick-up for the first nnn off the line (discussion on another thread)... and maybe serialized dash plaques to all -- something that Carroll Shelby personally issues (I guess he can't sign 'em all personally... his 80+ year old fingers would fall off ;-)

I can only hope I'm lookin' as good as he does when I'm into my 80s -- then again, Carroll's had more parts replaced than a '60s AA-Altered <grin>

Everyone has great ideas. Some possible, some not. We are working on all the ideas. This may take alittle time.

We have worked out one already that was asked for by you in this topic. We have worked it out that there will be a section just for members, were SVT GT500 certified Techs will answer question.

Everyone has great ideas. Some possible, some not. We are working on all the ideas. This may take alittle time.

We have worked out one already that was asked for by you in this topic. We have worked it out that there will be a section just for members, were SVT GT500 certified Techs will answer question.

Outstanding!! Thank you so much!!

:shift:

bj

Archived