TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordered my Certificate

ingram4868

When I ordered mine I was told they are signed by Carroll Shelby and Edsel Ford.

The signature is a very good rendition, but not an actual signature. Still, I think worth getting.

After all how many people saved all their plastic and shipping materials? A certificate is nice, whether you have to buy it or not. They could of added it to the cost of the car, but then every one would have to pay for it. This way you make the decision. You don't want it, don't buy it. :happy feet:

I called them 3 weeks ago. They took my info, and must of just blew me off. :censored:

Actually the guy I spoke with was very polite.

He said they were starting to call people but "StangsUnleashed" callers had them swamped with incoming calls. :happy feet:

The power of the press, Eh! :hysterical2::hysterical:

SVT has never charged the original purchaser for the certificate before, now they are going to for $45? Why would they change this policy after so many years? I read that these new certificates were revamped from earlier ones and that profits from these certificates had been considered when creating the original budget for the GT500s. I guess that selling the cars at $10,000 over the MSRP wasn't enough!

SVT has never charged the original purchaser for the certificate before, now they are going to for $45? Why would they change this policy after so many years? I read that these new certificates were revamped from earlier ones and that profits from these certificates had been considered when creating the original budget for the GT500s. I guess that selling the cars at $10,000 over the MSRP wasn't enough!

Unfortunately SVT didn't gain anything from the ADM's, that would be the dealers. :banghead:

Just ordered mine.

I was 485 of the 2600+ verts and 62 of the 300+ Performance White.

I guess under 500 is ok.

I was surprised the guy was so nice on the phone.

Anyway, hopefully it won't be another never ending thread like the dash plaque was... :hysterical2:

Just got off the phone with SVT talking to Mitchel. He said they are working on the list but are swamped.

He had all of my information that I called in a couple of weeks ago and it is now on order. Should get it the 3rd week of October. They are very professional on the phone but extremly busy.

Just glad to be able to get it. Good luck to all!

Well, I have now twice called to order and been placed on hold. waited 10 minutes the first time and over that so far this time. Did you others have this much trouble placing the order? are they just that swamped? Or am I just blacklisted :waiting:

Jim came on a few minutes later. They are just swamped with calls from this board.

I am #3228 of 8152 coupes, yes I verified the 8152 vs 8150.

Vista blue #412 of 1054. No data on number of Blue/Tungsten but he did tell me is was only a couple hunderd tops but did not have that specific data number. Perhaps they will in the future. Said certificate will be sent 2nd week of October. SAAC members do get a $10 discount. I thought that was a nice touch considering these were free on my previous SVT purchase, He did say the certificates were nicer and had signatures etc. Things change and everyone is entitled to make a buck I suppose. I've blown $35 on worse things.

Archived