TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine Signatures

stentgraft95

Hey I was just wondering what the engine signatures mean if anything? I'm sure there's already a thread from this from days-gone-by and I would gladly take a link. A search yeilded me nothing notable. But I was wondering if any of the signatures on the engines were more notable than other signatures as far as reputation.

Apologies for the repeat subject if in fact it is.

Stent

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey I was just wondering what the engine signatures mean if anything? I'm sure there's already a thread from this from days-gone-by and I would gladly take a link. A search yeilded me nothing notable. But I was wondering if any of the signatures on the engines were more notable than other signatures as far as reputation.

Stent

None are more notable than others...just whoever built your engine. Of course, if you ask :cold: he'll mention VITO. :hysterical: (inside joke)

I'm not sure how my builders rank, but I think it's cool to have their sig's on my car.

Enginesigs.jpg

Anyone else have these folks? (looks like last names of Boise? and Deitch)

I've got Mike's and his previous partner Fred Kemp's on mine. Here they are. Mike on the right!

Both my builders were retired back in February. They built niche motors for a long time apparently. I guess that explains why my motor has held up given everything I've thrown at it so far. :superhero:

Both my builders are also retired. I was told that they built niche motors together for about 10 years. I guess they knew what the were doing. No problem to report so far, but then again, my engine may not have to endure as much as Kaylan's. :hysterical:

Both my builders were retired back in February. They built niche motors for a long time apparently. I guess that explains why my motor has held up given everything I've thrown at it so far. :superhero:

+1

Smith & Donovan

bj

Mine were ,,,,Gary Smith and Rick Maier.... asked about them .....both retired but I was told that if Gary Smith built the engine you can be sure it was done well as he taught many others at the plant and also a great guy. Comforting to know !

It's either Smith or Donovan that lives right up the road from Romeo. He's farming. Took the buyout.

bj

Stent

I was on of the fortunate ones at the Romeo Plant Tour, I met both my Engine Builders and got my car signed.............sweeeeeeet.............

Jeff and Bob wery very nice...... it was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One interesting thing I did learn,

is that as we know, 2 people built our motor,

one person assembles our engines, and the other torques,

then they switch on the next motor.

The only thing I wasnt sure of, is which one meant what on the tag, if the 1st name is the assembler or torquer? Then the 2nd would have to be the other.

Anyone know?

Brian

Archived