TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shaker 1000...Worth the Price? Specs??

Can someone tell me why they'd pay $1900 Canadian for the Shaker 1000?

Aside from wanting to Spec the Shelby out Fully Loaded, is it really worth the price for what you get?

Who makes it? What are the Specs on it?? What would the cost be for a comparable Aftermarket System?

Thanks.

Hi I think you get a extra sub and 2 more speakers in the 1000.

For me I'd probably go with just the 500 and if I wanted to go with something else.

I'd add aftermarket stuff later on, from what I've heard in other forums you just need a harness adaptor

to swap out the deck. Places like crutchfield have pretty nice charts on what will and will not fit in

differnet cars.So that could help out down the line if you wanted to explore changes.

Aside from wanting to Spec the Shelby out Fully Loaded, is it really worth the price for what you get?

Who makes it? What are the Specs on it?? What would the cost be for a comparable Aftermarket System?

Thanks.

You get either more powerful amps or more amps making more power. You get a box in the trunk with 2 (I think they are 10in) subs. I was told that the quality of the rest of the speakers is better than the ones in the 500. I don't have any confirmation of the above.

With that said. You can do a lot better with aftermarket systems. There is a significant difference in sound and build quality available for similar money. The downside to aftermarket is that you (or a paid professional) has to tear apart the car to install everything. I am getting older and don't care as much about the sound system as I used to. I'd rather not have all the plastic panels prone to rattles now or later on. I do, however, care enough that I want to have the better bass depth and better speaker quality of the 1000.

So, to make a long answer short, I will be ordering the 1000. If I don't like like it, I'll turn it down and listen to my bassani sound system.

Thanks.

I order'd shaker1000 was thinking[500] but I want this limete'd car[shelby gt 500] fully loaded i'am 30yr's old so still like load music when I want to hear the car i put down :happy feet: also want to keep this car factory as much as I can!! :party: :happy feet: BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!! :party: :happy feet: :bandance:

You get either more powerful amps or more amps making more power. You get a box in the trunk with 2 (I think they are 10in) subs. I was told that the quality of the rest of the speakers is better than the ones in the 500. I don't have any confirmation of the above.

With that said. You can do a lot better with aftermarket systems. There is a significant difference in sound and build quality available for similar money. The downside to aftermarket is that you (or a paid professional) has to tear apart the car to install everything. I am getting older and don't care as much about the sound system as I used to. I'd rather not have all the plastic panels prone to rattles now or later on. I do, however, care enough that I want to have the better bass depth and better speaker quality of the 1000.

So, to make a long answer short, I will be ordering the 1000. If I don't like like it, I'll turn it down and listen to my bassani sound system.

COULD NOT SAY ANY BETTER THANK'S 5.4 SHELBY. :party: BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!! :party: :happy feet: :bandance:

I have owned both. For me, I could not tell that much difference in the sound quality [of course being an old f**t I do not blast heavy metal]. I like having the extra trunk space so I ordered my 07 with just the 500.

Just my personal .02.

I hear the arguments about decking out the Shelby with all available options, but for $1900

I think not.

My wife has an Acura MDX whose standard audio system is made by BOSE, pretty nice

for standard spec.

But Ford's is just a no-name system wih nothing too special speakers. I'm sure it will do me just fine, but why spend 2 grand (with taxes) to get a more powerful no-name system with additional nothing too special speakers???

Harmon Karman pricing for Sanyo quality and sound.

Don't hate me, just my .02. :fan:

KingCobra.

I have owned both. For me, I could not tell that much difference in the sound quality [of course being an old f**t I do not blast heavy metal]. I like having the extra trunk space so I ordered my 07 with just the 500.

Just my personal .02.

Hey nice truck, looks like quite a monster!!!

Got any pics (bigger than your avitar)???

KingCobra.

I chose the shaker 500 for the extra trunk space and just didn't feel it was worth the cost for the 1000. If I'm not happy with it, I'll go aftermarket and get better quality at a lower price. I install all of my own stuff, so I won't be out any money there. I really think the shaker 500 will be fine though. I've gotta hear the exhaust and the blower whine! :happy feet:

I chose the shaker 500 for the extra trunk space and just didn't feel it was worth the cost for the 1000. If I'm not happy with it, I'll go aftermarket and get better quality at a lower price. I install all of my own stuff, so I won't be out any money there. I really think the shaker 500 will be fine though. I've gotta hear the exhaust and the blower whine! :happy feet:

NOTICE - First Post Ever

When I listened to the 500 and 1000 in the GT, you could tell the difference sitting still with the windows up. Not so much at speed with the windows down (the only way I plan to drive my GT500.) I could not believe how much trunk space they gave up with the subwoofers with the 1000. I have to have room for the golf clubs. The only way I was getting them in with the 1000 was if I was going to the pitch-n-putt with my son.

Just my personal .02.

Now THAT my friend is a truck! :)

Yeow. What a truck.

Why not go ahead and buy a Peterbuilt! :bandance:

You planning on towing a 42' Fountain Powerboat?

$2k for an unknown sound system? Nope. We'll wait and see.

If I spend that much bread for sound - it'll be coming out the twin pipes. :shift:

Yeow. What a truck.

Why not go ahead and buy a Peterbuilt! :bandance:

You planning on towing a 42' Fountain Powerboat?

$2k for an unknown sound system? Nope. We'll wait and see.

If I spend that much bread for sound - it'll be coming out the twin pipes. :shift:

The US MSRP for the Shaker 1000 is $1295 not $1900. A decent quality 500W amp, (2) 10" subs and a vehicle specific enclosure for them will set you back much of that. Installation will eat up the rest of it and still will not be covered by the warranty.

Much of Fords audio is built by Sony, Pioneer and Visteon. I did the 500 plus aftermarket on our 05 GT and decided to do the Ford deal this time around. About the same $$ and have listened to both. About the same sound as all you are adding is bass. Other speakers are the same for 500 and 1000 as is the head unit except for the logo on the face.

The US MSRP for the Shaker 1000 is $1295 not $1900. A decent quality 500W amp, (2) 10" subs and a vehicle specific enclosure for them will set you back much of that. Installation will eat up the rest of it and still will not be covered by the warranty.

Much of Fords audio is built by Sony, Pioneer and Visteon. I did the 500 plus aftermarket on our 05 GT and decided to do the Ford deal this time around. About the same $$ and have listened to both. About the same sound as all you are adding is bass. Other speakers are the same for 500 and 1000 as is the head unit except for the logo on the face.

The $1900 quoted was in Canadian $$$. As the post specified.

Am I correctly hearing that the Shaker 500 only puts out a peak power of around 480 watts, while the Shaker 1000 is putting out a peak of 1140 watts?

I'm also hearing that the RMS for the Shaker 1000 is 570 watts, while the RMS for the Shaker 500 is only about 240 watts.

Does anyone know if those numbers are accurate?

When my man ( dealer ) spoke to a distributor in NJ. - alot of orders are with all the upgrades for collector value. That doesn't solve the debate, but I ordered the 1000. Like I wrote earlier - I think canned ham is good. So I may have been just as satisfied with the 500 , and use the extra dough for a new set of rear tires and a tank of " 93 octang".

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a picture of the trunk space of both the 500 and the 1000?

Yeah, it's posted on here somewhere. But instead of doing a search, here's an easy way to judge the difference.

Imagine two photos......one has a guy in a really spiffy Callaway outfit standing behind his Shelby. His clubs are nestled safely inside the trunk of his GT500 equipped with the 500 system.

Now, the second photo (the one featuring the 1000 system) has a picture of the same guy, same spiffy outfit, but he's standing NEXT to his clubs while he shakes his head wondering where he'll put them since they won't fit in the trunk.

There, I've saved you the trouble of a search. Have a good day.

:shift:

bj

Yeah, it's posted on here somewhere. But instead of doing a search, here's an easy way to judge the difference.

Imagine two photos......one has a guy in a really spiffy Callaway outfit standing behind his Shelby. His clubs are nestled safely inside the trunk of his GT500 equipped with the 500 system.

Now, the second photo (the one featuring the 1000 system) has a picture of the same guy, same spiffy outfit, but he's standing NEXT to his clubs while he shakes his head wondering where he'll put them since they won't fit in the trunk.

There, I've saved you the trouble of a search. Have a good day.

:shift:

bj

Fortunately the Shelby has a back seat for just such an emergency. :hysterical:

Being a power AND tone stickler, The multi sub woofer thing is great. No worry about getting enough lows. And the power is good,unless you do the bassani exhaust in which case you might want more. The question remains,how strong are the highs? I like ear piercing highs, and they're usually hard to come by on stock units albeit premium grade stock.

I ordered the Shaker 1000 option. When the subject of material holds due to the Shaker 1000's came up, I called my dealer and told the guy whom places the orders to delete it if my Shelby GT500 has a Shaker 1000 material hold.

I was figuring the Shelby GT500 will be more valuable with factory options instead of aftermarket speakers.

JB

Wonder if you could create a sub woofer set up (with amp) in that empty spare tire pit. The Shaker 1000 sub just kills already limited trunk space. Ive got the Shaker500 in my current GT and it pretty much sucks and I'm sure the 1000 just sucks with more bass. I'm seriously going to try and use the empty spare tire area for something, but I do want my trunk space. It comes in very handy at times.

On second thought maybe I should just get a C6 Vette since Car and Driver likes their trunk space over the Mustangs so much. Got to get my thick gold chain first though. Better just stick to my Shelby with my Shaker500.

I'd like to see a removable speaker box for those subs in the trunk. I ordered the Shaker 1000 'cause I like my tunes, but it would be nice to be able to take the subs out if I needed the extra trunk space.

Now that is a good idea. Orderd mine w/shaker1000. Same price with or with out. This is the way dealer is doing it. Set price no matter what options you choose. The more options I take the closer to msrp.

Archived