TEAM SHELBY FORUM

back to the shop....

carlo

So, 4 months ago, I had to bring my car in a with hyd. Clutch cyl. Failure...they had it 3 weeks, recompensed me for an entire months payment...okay they stood by their car...all well and good..but now.....I am getting a shimmy when I am in 5th and 6th gear...pull it put of gear the slight shimmy goes away....back in gear it comes back...if I slip it in gear oh so slowly , the shimmy stays away....I am bringing the car in next week, but I have to tell you, I have 6100 miles on it, have had it for 10 months..., and baby it...I have to tell you..I am pissed... :rant: 6100 miles? Second time in the shop...please.

.....I am getting a shimmy when I am in 5th and 6th gear...pull it put of gear the slight shimmy goes away....back in gear it comes back...if I slip it in gear oh so slowly , the shimmy stays away

Is the shimmy on accel, decel, cruise, or all the time? Does it increase with speed or load?

tom..when I put it in 5th gear and release it starts to shimmy almost immeadiatly..more shimmy as I accelerate...its less on deceleration, higher when I acelerate..same in 6th...

justin..my prior issue was the master and secondary clutch cylinders falied...they had to replace the clutch linkage, cylinders..etc..

tom..when I put it in 5th gear and release it starts to shimmy almost immeadiatly..more shimmy as I accelerate...its less on deceleration, higher when I acelerate..same in 6th...

justin..my prior issue was the master and secondary clutch cylinders falied...they had to replace the clutch linkage, cylinders..etc..

Good grief... How do both master and slave cylinders fail at the same time?

Can I ask what you mean by "shimmy"?

Good grief... How do both master and slave cylinders fail at the same time?

Can I ask what you mean by "shimmy"?

don't ask me ask ford or shelby........ and it took 3 weeks to get fixed.. :banghead:

shimmy as in vibration etc......somethings out of alignment in the drive train.....that what it feels like...

That sucks .... luckily for me i have 9800 miles and no issues at all

That sucks .... luckily for me i have 9800 miles and no issues at all

..its almost scary isn't it??? I have had mine for 4100 miles, 9 months, and absolutely nothing even close to wrong with it. Very much a quality built car. It is good that ford seems very responsive to those who do have issues.

yes it does ..... and i know some people have really pushed the car to the limits and have had no issues .. and others who dont push thec ar that just have things happen

Archived