TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Window tinting

Senior 500

I can't see anyway for my ordered gt500 to get factory dark tint glass for any price. I am comfortable with aftermarket dark film tinting on the rear windsheild and side quarter glass. What I need advice on is the door glass tinting. I hope to have my gt500 long term. Will the door tinting hold up?

There have been threads on here that state that people are replacing the window felt before tinting the fronts.

I can't seem to find the thread, I'm sure someone else has done this mod.

Thanks, I'll look for it. One other question on another subject. T/C traction control. For normal driving in city and on the highway should the t/c be in the on or off position?

For normal driving leave the T/C on. In reference to what SCGT500 said about replacing window felts, you're not actually replacing because there is no felt there from the factory. On the window wipe channel, Ford stopped installing felt where the glass travels along it. That's not good for tint because it will scratch over time. When I had my last Shelby tinted I ordered the moleskin window felts and installed. I've recently been told that Ford started putting the felts in on the '08 models. Can anyone with an '08 confirm this? If that's the case, I'll just order new window wipes for an '08 instead of installing the felts. You won't be able to get the windows any darker from the factory. You'll have to have it done aftermarket. I posted a how-to on the window felt installation with some help from Alloy Dave. If I can find it, I'll post a link.

Archived