TEAM SHELBY FORUM

She's gotta go

spider

Hello All, I am in the process of finalizing my order for an 08GT-500 :happy feet: ....... I currently own an 05 GT, with low miles, 7900 to be exact, garage kept, never in the rain. I am putting her up for sale and wonder which way she would bring the most money. I have taken extremly good care of this car and was just curious if I should take off some of the mods I have installed. What do you guys think? What kind of money should I expect for a car of this nature?

• Should I leave the retro GT-500 chrome wheels on or reinstall the Premium factory wheels?
  • Axle back pipes, should I leave them or reinstall the factory mufflers?
  • Sequencial tailights.
  • Jet TBS

Thanks

Hello All, I am in the process of finalizing my order for an 08GT-500 :happy feet: ....... I currently own an 05 GT, with low miles, 7900 to be exact, garage kept, never in the rain. I am putting her up for sale and wonder which way she would bring the most money. I have taken extremly good care of this car and was just curious if I should take off some of the mods I have installed. What do you guys think? What kind of money should I expect for a car of this nature?
  • Should I leave the retro GT-500 chrome wheels on or reinstall the Premium factory wheels?

• Sequencial tailights.

• Jet TBS

Thanks

First off, congrats on the GT500! Lucky dog! As far as selling your GT, it's kind of a toss up. One of the big selling points of a Mustang is the ability of the buyer to customize it to their individual taste. So from the stock perspective you're basically offering your potential buyers a "blank canvas" as it were. Conversly, however, those same buyers might see all of your mods as mods they don't have to buy and install themselves.

The fact that you have an '05 with so few miles will probably grab a lot of attention. I think I read that the average annual mileage was around, if not a little over, 12,000 miles. If it were me, I think I'd leave the mods on and see how it sells. If after a few months you aren't getting many or any bites, then maybe take off the mods and sell stock. Though, I think the mileage alone will get a lot of attention to your GT.

Good luck, Spider.

- Josh

• Sequencial tailights.

• Jet TBS

Thanks

I'd leave the wheels on and put everything else back to stock.

I'm a little confused - Did you mean to keep the adds if you sell the car stock or sell the adds separately? You might get a little more by selling the add ons separately but you will have to work harder to do it. My inclination would be to sell the car with the adds and include the stock parts for the buyer. Your condition should bring a little premium but maybe not as much as you are expecting. Go to KBB and read the descriptions for conditions - I think their top condition pretty much fits your description so that value would be a good base. If you expect more than that value, you will need to work for it through marketing. Good luck - hope you get what you are expecting.

Archived