TEAM SHELBY FORUM

winter storage

pythonman

Ok, so my gt 500 is days from coming and I know I got some drive time left but I could use any advice you guys have on storing a car over the winter. I have had a 66 gto, a 70 falcon with a 351 cobra jet, a 72 mach one also with a 351 cj, and a 2000 gt all were daily drivers. now with my Dream car finally within reach I am able to keep it in the garage during NJ snowy winters, so if someone can steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. p,s, I was told today that my car could arrive on friday!!! :happy feet: :headspin:

Ok, so my gt 500 is days from coming and I know I got some drive time left but I could use any advice you guys have on storing a car over the winter. I have had a 66 gto, a 70 falcon with a 351 cobra jet, a 72 mach one also with a 351 cj, and a 2000 gt all were daily drivers. now with my Dream car finally within reach I am able to keep it in the garage during NJ snowy winters, so if someone can steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. p,s, I was told today that my car could arrive on friday!!! :happy feet: :headspin:

:beatdeadhorse:

Sorry python, but this topic has been discussed before...and the opinions are all over the map. I'll refrain.

use the search feature on this site

:beatdeadhorse:

Sorry python, but this topic has been discussed before...and the opinions are all over the map. I'll refrain.

Sorry, Im still trying to get the hang of useing this awesome site. as I stated my first time posting Im not real computer savy.

I'll save you some time. I live in the great white north my 04 Conv. is laid up from Nov. to April.

Change the oil, clean it up make sure you have a breathable cover to put over it. There are different variations on storing it with wheels on or off however I have never taken mine off. The only precautionary thing is I take out the battery. Depending on where you store it, I put a little tray of mothballs under the hood, trunk, back floor and front floor to keep out the mice. Also a tray of baking soda in the same areas for absorbtion of any moisture. The other thing is to also have your windows down just enough to take the pressure off the rubbers, hood loose as well. Mine is a convert. so I also have the top snapped open to save the rubbbers.The wheels have been an issue. I have store my car wheels on parked on large books as well as just on the cement floor. The result is always the same tires have flat spots for about the first 10 miles. Springtime you hook up the battery, put up with the flat tires and away you go in a clean car. My wife hates the smell of the moth balls but I say it makes it smell like a new car for a week.

Anyway I hope this helps. I hate winter....

I'll save you some time. I live in the great white north my 04 Conv. is laid up from Nov. to April.

Change the oil, clean it up make sure you have a breathable cover to put over it. There are different variations on storing it with wheels on or off however I have never taken mine off. The only precautionary thing is I take out the battery. Depending on where you store it, I put a little tray of mothballs under the hood, trunk, back floor and front floor to keep out the mice. Also a tray of baking soda in the same areas for absorbtion of any moisture. The other thing is to also have your windows down just enough to take the pressure off the rubbers, hood loose as well. Mine is a convert. so I also have the top snapped open to save the rubbbers.The wheels have been an issue. I have store my car wheels on parked on large books as well as just on the cement floor. The result is always the same tires have flat spots for about the first 10 miles. Springtime you hook up the battery, put up with the flat tires and away you go in a clean car. My wife hates the smell of the moth balls but I say it makes it smell like a new car for a week.

Anyway I hope this helps. I hate winter....

Thanks for your input, much appreciated,

Archived