TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Camaro needs to sell 100,000 per year to make it happen

robertlane

100,000 sounds like a reach in a market already dominated by mustangs and with the new challenger thrown in the mix. Hope it happens though. Competition is always good.

If Chevy up the HP figures to say 450hp or even 500hp. Then the Camaro will sell like mad.

High horsepower sells no matter how much mpg the car gets.

If I had it my way, I would get a Camaro and a Challenger to go in the garage with my GT500 Shelby.

if they only intend on building >400hp versions, I seriously doubt theyd move over 30k a year, as it would probably be a $35-40k car...if they want to sell 100k+, theyd better find a way for a v6 model to base around 20k like the mustang v6. Not everyone wants a 400 hp ride(most of us here would but...) especially with gas going God knows how high...I think if Gm's smart theyd betterdo whats worked before- chase the mustang sales model as closely as possible, and build low volume zl-1 types to feed the enthusiasts thinking about shelby/boss more choices...

I have not heard any mention of a v6 camaro, and think that would be a huge market to miss...I still think Ford should add a further stripped 4 cyl mustang for 15-17k that might be insurance freindly enough for college kids to drive something stylish instead of a honduh.

The new camaro is a sick car, and wouldnt mind having one, and trust me I'm sixteen so you can understand that. But 100,000 common... those numbers are not practical or even close to being possible. They missed there oppurtunity to strike while the iron was hot, not the gt500 is comming out which will blow the doors off a camaro, and looks ten times better.

Guest evilchris

If Chevy up the HP figures to say 450hp or even 500hp. Then the Camaro will sell like mad.

High horsepower sells no matter how much mpg the car gets.

If I had it my way, I would get a Camaro and a Challenger to go in the garage with my GT500 Shelby.

Is that why the 93 LT1 V8 Camaro's all the way to the 02 LS1 SS's and Z28 got STOMPED by the Mustang every year in sales? The Mustang GT got its ass handed to it in performance every year by the Z28 yet sold 2 - 3 times as many units. High horsepower does not sell millions of cars. That's why the Mustang Coupe Deluxe is the best selling Mustang, not the GT.

Guest evilchris

See the 07 Model Year powerpoint on this site. The GT is 59% of the mix with the largest single model the GT premium at 34%. :poke: :rolleyes:

Seen it. Check 2005 and 2006 please. Also, check 1979 - 2004. Actual sales, not powerpoint presentations.

Jetsolver please see:

http://www.mustanggt.org/gtnumber.htm

Has something MIRACULOUSLY changed for 2007 where now everyone buys GTs?

Mustang V6 will outsell Mustang V8 3:1 in 2007.

Do you not understand that they set the recomended mix based on what customers right now want? And perhaps could not get? You make the statement that"That's why the Mustang Coupe Deluxe is the best selling Mustang, not the GT." Then I go to the official presentation to the dealers and you call me on it? :shrug:

Archived