TEAM SHELBY FORUM

speed and rev limiters?

intguys

Will the top speed limiter be deactivated and the rev limiter bumped up? Is there a possibility of changing the spedo to 200mph? will the upper and lower control arms be changed? If anyone has definite info on this please respond--- hint, hint (Amy)!!!!!

I would say yes to the speed limiter and no to the RPM's. It has been well documented that you should not exceed the stock limiter on RPM's. 6250 I believe is the stock limit and unless your changing internal it should remain there. That is the safe limit for the rods afaik.

I would say yes to the speed limiter and no to the RPM's. It has been well documented that you should not exceed the stock limiter on RPM's. 6250 I believe is the stock limit and unless your changing internal it should remain there. That is the safe limit for the rods afaik.

Yes, the rods definitely limit the revs- you raise it (without changing the internals) and --boom. Say goodbye to your engine. I would think that even IF the speed was increased, 200 mph would be excessive. Just a guess...

think the general talk is that the internals of the motor ..ie pistons ... and the crank our almost bullit proof. More stouter than the 03 Terminator. The rods are good but could have been better and YES they dont like high rev's

The info i have gotten is that the motor is good to about 700-800hp .... thats crank and i think the range is closer to 700

Regarding speed limiters and rev limiters ... I have my stage II set at 6500 and my BIG shift light on my A pillar set at 6000

THis should ideally allow me to shift about 6200 rpms

How often do i see 6200 rpms in my car ? maybe once every few mths ... i just dont drive it that hard

My cousin got a z06 the other day and I realized that after paying for my car and paying for the ss upgrade I will easily exceed the cost of a z06 so I would say that comparing the two would be in order. The z06 has a 200 mph spedo, it comes stock with 6 piston calipers in front and rear, I know Carroll has always been about beating Corvettes so why stop now!!!!!! When I get my car back from the upgrade I don't want to regret my decision in buying the shelby instead of the z06!!!!!

My cousin got a z06 the other day and I realized that after paying for my car and paying for the ss upgrade I will easily exceed the cost of a z06 so I would say that comparing the two would be in order. The z06 has a 200 mph spedo, it comes stock with 6 piston calipers in front and rear, I know Carroll has always been about beating Corvettes so why stop now!!!!!! When I get my car back from the upgrade I don't want to regret my decision in buying the shelby instead of the z06!!!!!

I dont think you can compare the two cars. The Z06 will eat our shelby's on a road course. Its more aero dynamic ... etc

Is it a FORD mod friendly motor that u can get to over 650 crank hp for under $2000 .... NOPE ! :happy feet:

Just two different type of vehicles .... both gorgeous in there own right

Is it a FORD mod friendly motor that u can get to over 650 crank hp for under $2000 .... NOPE ! :happy feet:

It's pretty mod friendly in it's own right. For 5K, you get 550rwhp. cam, headers, exhaust, cai, tune.

To the guy considering getting a Z06 or do the supersnake. GET A Z06. It's the baddest car to come out of america next to the Ford GT. A few mods on one will take out most all GT500's including those with KB's.

• 4 weeks later...

You can also goto pretty much any chev dealer and get one. It is kind of hard to just go and pick up a Super Snake IMO. I depends on what you like i guess. ZO6's are fast, nasty looking but it is kind of hard to enjoy the car with my family.

Scott.

Archived