TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz Shelby Rental 5/12/06

awakeinAZ

Was up in Vegas over the weekend. I didn't think they had been delivered yet but, they had about 6 with plates. I told them to bring one up for me. Car had 6 miles on it. Pics speak for themselves. I will say, it had some wierd knock or rattle on the front right side going over bumps.

PDRM0025.JPG

PDRM0031.JPG

PDRM0027.JPG

PDRM0025.JPG

PDRM0031.JPG

PDRM0027.JPG

Was up in Vegas over the weekend. I didn't think they had been delivered yet but, they had about 6 with plates. I told them to bring one up for me. Car had 6 miles on it. Pics speak for themselves. I will say, it had some wierd knock or rattle on the front right side going over bumps.

thank's for those great pic's :party: BEST OF LUCK TOALL!! :party: :happy feet:

What did it cost to rent it for a day?

Well, Vegas is probably not a good place to use as the baseline mark as, they add lots of tax and car rental concession fees.

So to answer: 299.00 is the stated rate however, with taxes and the reccomended insurance it goes to a low, low $415.00 a day. They also issue a caution about going into the many parking garages and the lowered height of the front spoiler. Plus, there is a large check list they go through when you leave and return the car to make sure you didn't steal the door sill plates etc. Also, the manager of the lot came out to dust the car off with a feather duster prior to departure.

The big kick was driving through the Ford lot on boulder highway. Those guys I assume had not seen one up close.

Tiger:Thanks for the info on the front end.

I think someone asked when they would be sold. The lot guy told me 5 months but, I don't know if he had the real info or not.

What did it cost to rent it for a day?

Well, Vegas is probably not a good place to use as the baseline mark as, they add lots of tax and car rental concession fees.

So to answer: 299.00 is the stated rate however, with taxes and the reccomended insurance it goes to a low, low $415.00 a day. They also issue a caution about going into the many parking garages and the lowered height of the front spoiler. Plus, there is a large check list they go through when you leave and return the car to make sure you didn't steal the door sill plates etc. Also, the manager of the lot came out to dust the car off with a feather duster prior to departure.

The big kick was driving through the Ford lot on boulder highway. Those guys I assume had not seen one up close.

Tiger:Thanks for the info on the front end.

I think someone asked when they would be sold. The lot guy told me 5 months but, I don't know if he had the real info or not.

I rented one for 149.99 a day with my insurance discount! My insurance carries over to the rental. I will only have it for two days returning on Monday. :woohoo::rockon:

I like the whole 350h concept especially from day one... Rent it for the weeknd beat the piss out of it and return it in the 60's. My dad wants to get a kenne bell or mongoos turbo, while its installed we rent one of those all day and beet the piss out of that, so I could have the same experiences as my dad lol! Very nice pictures I appreciate them so much.

I like the whole 350h concept especially from day one... Rent it for the weeknd beat the piss out of it and return it in the 60's. My dad wants to get a kenne bell or mongoos turbo, while its installed we rent one of those all day and beet the piss out of that, so I could have the same experiences as my dad lol! Very nice pictures I appreciate them so much.

No problem on the pics. I have added a few more front/back angles here. I didn't get brave enough to open the hood. Also, one more thing to note that the TCS could not be turned off. The button was locked.

PDRM0013.JPG

PDRM0022.JPG

PDRM0020.JPG

PDRM0013.JPG

PDRM0022.JPG

PDRM0020.JPG

Hmm cant turn it off, well unless you race it 24/7 and have no time for burnouts thats no fun, Seem's strange to me none the less, how was the throttle response, considering it has 25 more horses... was it a noticable difference?

Well, I don't own a Mustang right now and I have only test driven one GT and a V6. So I didn't notice the 25 extra ponies. I can tell you even at half throttle it launced much faster then my normal daily driver (pickup truck). Also, if you're not used to louder type exhaust it makes it sound even faster. Overall I thought the throttle response was very good at the lower gears. Of course, even with the OD off it seemed to be mushy on throttle around 50 or so. It would always down shift at least one before it would move out. Unless you own a GT I doubt you would know how to turn off the overdrive. Had I not downloaded the driver manual I would not have known where to look. I often wonder if you can by-seat of the pants feel an extra 25 horses.

Does TCS help on the normal cars with auto's?

Well, I don't own a Mustang right now and I have only test driven one GT and a V6. So I didn't notice the 25 extra ponies. I can tell you even at half throttle it launced much faster then my normal daily driver (pickup truck). Also, if you're not used to louder type exhaust it makes it sound even faster. Overall I thought the throttle response was very good at the lower gears. Of course, even with the OD off it seemed to be mushy on throttle around 50 or so. It would always down shift at least one before it would move out. Unless you own a GT I doubt you would know how to turn off the overdrive. Had I not downloaded the driver manual I would not have known where to look. I often wonder if you can by-seat of the pants feel an extra 25 horses.

Does TCS help on the normal cars with auto's?

My dad has a o6 gt automatic, and the traction control is a great asset. When we tryed to launch from a high rpms it just really helps the car stick as expected and gets your 0-60 time quite well.

But wont get you to far ahead, few tenths of a second, We put a twin 62 mm throttle body and a k&n cold air kit... work in 3rd gear up pretty much, alot of extra torque in the top end, but we use to allways calculate out 0-60 times launching from idle, so we tried from 2500 rpms and got it down to 5.46 and stock was 5.9 seconds in idle launch (might seem more or less in the video, but I was able to calculate the 10th seconds in windows movie maker.) Heres the clip:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/DDDF992...1AFD5B3BB56.htm

So with the extra 25 ponies and how much torque? I think it should be alot more noticeable, atleast a 0-60 in the 4.8.

My dad has a o6 gt automatic, and the traction control is a great asset. When we tryed to launch from a high rpms it just really helps the car stick as expected and gets your 0-60 time quite well.

But wont get you to far ahead, few tenths of a second, We put a twin 62 mm throttle body and a k&n cold air kit... work in 3rd gear up pretty much, alot of extra torque in the top end, but we use to allways calculate out 0-60 times launching from idle, so we tried from 2500 rpms and got it down to 5.46 and stock was 5.9 seconds in idle launch (might seem more or less in the video, but I was able to calculate the 10th seconds in windows movie maker.) Heres the clip:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/DDDF992...1AFD5B3BB56.htm

So with the extra 25 ponies and how much torque? I think it should be alot more noticeable, atleast a 0-60 in the 4.8.

Thanks for the video. I will check it out at home tonight! 5.46 wow- good job you guys!

Archived