TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ATTN: Ford Dealers

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What there is so hard to believe and why would you care enough to post that. Have I struck a nerve?

Is that the best you can do???

Just pointing out the BS you keep coming up with.

You only buy from your neighbor which owns several dealerships, yet you talk about shopping at other dealers, your neighbor ALWAYS gets you your cars that you want at a great price to boot, yet you have not bought a GT500 yet.

Just more typical consumer BS that we hear all the time!

Like I said in an earlier post on this subject, hooligan will be ranting after the last '08 is sold and still not have pulled the trigger. As you state above, with the market where it is now on ADMs, coupled with the 0% incentive, you are effectively below MSRP. If he's really a buyer and not just a whiner, he'd have bought one by now.

Maybe we should start an over/under pool on when hooligan will actually buy a GT500. Kind of like those baby pools they run at the office about due dates. I know I'll be taking the over. :hysterical2:

From what I have seen lately GT500 are not moving since the hype has calmed down and now they are going for m.s.r.p. which in my opinion is a good thing, I am glad to see that true fans of the cars can buy them for what they can afford and not have to pay over sticker prices, that is just my humble opinion.

These are amazing cars for the money I absolutely love my car and the only complaint that I have with it is all the rust underneath, I have seen hundreds of them with the same issue, I hope Ford catches this in their quality control program as it is an embarrassment to such a marque car.

I hope the GT500KR does not have the same rust issue on all the rear end parts.

My 2007 Shelby GT500

Ordered - 2-05-07

Build Date- 2-13-07

Delivered- 3-16-07

From what I have seen lately GT500 are not moving since the hype has calmed down and now they are going for m.s.r.p. which in my opinion is a good thing, I am glad to see that true fans of the cars can buy them for what they can afford and not have to pay over sticker prices, that is just my humble opinion.

These are amazing cars for the money I absolutely love my car and the only complaint that I have with it is all the rust underneath, I have seen hundreds of them with the same issue, I hope Ford catches this in their quality control program as it is an embarrassment to such a marque car.

My 2007 Shelby GT500

Ordered - 2-05-07

Build Date- 2-13-07

Delivered- 3-16-07

I am not sure, but I still do not see that many MSRP deals! Nor do I see the prices falling. I just for a joke, called a few dealers in my area, and they are all still holding stronge at 8-10K over!

Anyways, how in the heck did you order and get a GT500 in 6 weeks????

I am not sure, but I still do not see that many MSRP deals! Nor do I see the prices falling. I just for a joke, called a few dealers in my area, and they are all still holding stronge at 8-10K over!

Depends on the week the dealer gets allocation. Some dealers wait until their allocation comes up before placing the order.

So if I had allocation this week to order one and we ordered it this week you could see it in 6 - 8 weeks as long as there are no delays on Ford's part.

My 2007 Shelby GT500

Ordered - 2-05-07

Build Date- 2-13-07

Delivered- 3-16-07

They aren't going for MSRP. There are a FEW dealers that might have been willing to let them go for MSRP, but you have to search long and hard to find them.

Most of the remaining GT500's are at dealers that have several in stock. Most if not all of those dealers bought those cars from other dealers and they paid $5K - $10K or more over to get them. So unless they want to take a loss on those they will hold them for as long as it takes to at least get their money back out of them.

A lot of those dealers sitting on these have decided to send those cars to SAI to get either the 40th or SS package done where they feel they will get their money out of them and still make something off them.

I know of one dealer that has sent 3 of his cars to SAI and they are sitting there waiting to get the SS package. He says he has them sold already for $90K each.

There are only 565 left. 383 Coupes and 182 Verts.

7 dealers here in the Detroit area will sell at m.s.r.p. if you are a prior customer, which is a noble thing.

I have been holding out for a KR but that does not seem likely so I am going to pursue the Red Stripe Car and hopefully find one then sell my 07 Black W/ White stripe car with 87 miles.

Since you said you had a $5K over deal on a KR in writing with a signed contract, then WHY wouldn't take legal action against the dealer and sue for specific performance to force them to sell that car to you????

This car has not been built yet, so you would have a slam dunk case if you have a written contract! I would not let them slide on this!!!

Since you said you had a $5K over deal on a KR in writing with a signed contract, then WHY wouldn't take legal action against the dealer and sue for specific performance to force them to sell that car to you????

This car has not been built yet, so you would have a slam dunk case if you have a written contract! I would not let them slide on this!!!

Here's a thought. If you don't want to mess with pursuing them with a lawsuit, hows about just assigning that contract over to me? Then I will pursue it, get the car, then sell it and I will split all the profit with you! :happy feet:

7 dealers here in the Detroit area will sell at m.s.r.p. if you are a prior customer, which is a noble thing.

Wow you and I are 30 miles apart and I do not know of these!!! They must be recent as two dealer within 10 miles, whom I have bough cars from, told me 10K over? I agree, list the dealers and let the forum guys have a shot!

Trust me I am not!!!!!!

"But it cant hurt to get on there list just to be safe "

Was on Roy O'brians "list" in early 2006. that worked so well I went to Ohio to get mine. Guess we just didn't buy enough cars from Roy O'brian when we lived in St Clair Shores :shrug:

Try Roy O'brien again over 10 people dropped off their list, there are dealers in the tri county area with more than 10 units of allocation.

Wow you and I are 30 miles apart and I do not know of these!!! They must be recent as two dealer within 10 miles, whom I have bough cars from, told me 10K over? I agree, list the dealers and let the forum guys have a shot!

DORIAN, MILNE, SUBURBAN, ROYAL OAK, VARSITY, ELDER, ST. CLARI ARE HIGH AND NOT HONORING M.R.S.P. AVOID UNLESS YOU WANT TO PAY $7- $10,000 OVER

Try Roy O'brien again over 10 people dropped off their list, there are dealers in the tri county area with more than 10 units of allocation.

I have been driving mine for over a year. I just thought you would help out those still looking for that MSRP deal. :) Meanwhile, if ShelbyDude and you cannot come to an agreement on that KR contract for 5K over, I'm interested!

Roy O'Brien Ford - waiting list

Al Long Ford- waiting list

Gorno Ford- waiting list

But it cant hurt to get on there list just to be safe

Gorno Ford would not sell me one for less than 15K!!! he was one of the first dealers I tried and only 5 miles away! Are you sure he is at MSRP???

He is for existing customers from what I was told, but I know that Roy O'brien is for sure ask for Roy Patrick O'brien he is the sales mgr.

they got 9 total cars in 2007,

I got a car, and I hope you are right!! Andif any member here can get a car from one of these dealers, for those prices, I will personally help you look after it!

Gorno Ford would not sell me one for less than 15K!!! he was one of the first dealers I tried and only 5 miles away! Are you sure he is at MSRP???

I know of a dealer who has a Grabber with Black stripe fully loaded car 2008 Shelby GT500 due in anyday with full documentation for $5,000.00 over sticker, located in northern Illinios. I have 1st dibs on it if you are interested in it, I am not buying it but would gladly help anyone out who wants it.

Archived