TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ATTN: Ford Dealers

ISN'T IT BAD ENOUGH THAT THE DEALERS ARE BLEEDING THE CONSUMERS FOR EVERY PENNY ON THE GT500 & THROWING THE CARS ON EBAY AS FAST AS THEY CAN TO MAXIMIZE THEIR ABOVE STICKER PROFIT MARGIN, AND NOW WITH THE KR ON IT'S WAY I'M SURE THEY ARE GOING TO PUT THE HURT ON US EVEN DEEPER.

IT IS A SHAME THAT FORD DOESN'T PUT A STOP TO THIS AND EVEN WORSE THAT THE DEALER'S HAVE NO BUSINESS ETHIC OR MORAL'S AS ALL THEY CAR ABOUT IT IS WIN A LOTTERY TICKET AND THROW IT OUT ON EBAY FOR THE HIGHEST BIDDER. I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A BUSINESS BUT IN THE LONG RUN YOU WILL BE HURTING YOURSELF WITH FUTURE SALES AND NOBODY IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD EVER SHOP AT A DEALER WHO TREATS THERE CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS.

TREAT THE TRUE MUSCLE CAR FANS THE RIGHT WAY AND HONOR M.S.R.P.

post-8609-1188754950_thumb.jpg

post-8609-1188754950_thumb.jpg

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yawn!

+1, no disrespect, but neither Ford nor the dealer care, if the line continues for buyers who WANT the car. Come on, they are the hottest things in town. No different than ANY consumer product.... be it an IPOD, or the new Apple Phone, or Game Boy, or any other product the consumer wants that is either the hottest thing or in limited production. You live here, and this is American supply and demand at it's best. I know, your gonna say, "well you got yours at MSRP". And you are right, but as happy as I was to finally find it, the hunt was long, I as equally as ready to walk away if I did not find it at the price I was willing to pay. So just like a house that you just have to have and get in a bidding war over (yes it happens daily) this is a car that if you have to have it, you need to be willing to pay the going price. We the consumer sets the going price, not Ford or the dealer. If the dealer sets an ADM of $50K and someone pays it, good for them. If no one wants to pay it, it comes down, to MSRP, and if no takers, goes lower... and before you know it, your buying a Focus and thousands under MSRP.

Bottom line, stop blaming Ford and the dealers... we set the price, we pay the price, and we feed the frenzy!

ISN'T IT BAD ENOUGH THAT THE DEALERS ARE BLEEDING THE CONSUMERS FOR EVERY PENNY ON THE GT500 & THROWING THE CARS ON EBAY AS FAST AS THEY CAN TO MAXIMIZE THEIR ABOVE STICKER PROFIT MARGIN, AND NOW WITH THE KR ON IT'S WAY I'M SURE THEY ARE GOING TO PUT THE HURT ON US EVEN DEEPER.

IT IS A SHAME THAT FORD DOESN'T PUT A STOP TO THIS AND EVEN WORSE THAT THE DEALER'S HAVE NO BUSINESS ETHIC OR MORAL'S AS ALL THEY CAR ABOUT IT IS WIN A LOTTERY TICKET AND THROW IT OUT ON EBAY FOR THE HIGHEST BIDDER. I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A BUSINESS BUT IN THE LONG RUN YOU WILL BE HURTING YOURSELF WITH FUTURE SALES AND NOBODY IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD EVER SHOP AT A DEALER WHO TREATS THERE CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS.

TREAT THE TRUE MUSCLE CAR FANS THE RIGHT WAY AND HONOR M.S.R.P.

While I too would like to see sales at MSRP, the reality is that with only 1000 produced, the dealers are taking their profit instead of allowing the MSRP buyers to flip them for the $50 to $100 grand that will be paid. I am not here to defend dealers but, they generally have tens of millions of dollars tied up in their facilities. I would love to have a KR but, doubt I could resist the temptation to flip a car I bought at MSRP for the quick 100 grand. Who could?

IGNORANCE IS BLISS

Don't be so hard on yourself!! :hysterical2: Ok, that was not nice. But really, think about this all the way through. Go back and read my post a few above. YOU and I create the pricing. So lets NOT buy a KR, non of us, and I am sure after a year of them sitting, we can ALL go back and get them at GT500 prices!!! Right? :happy feet:

Don't be so hard on yourself!! :hysterical2: Ok, that was not nice. But really, think about this all the way through. Go back and read my post a few above. YOU and I create the pricing. So lets NOT buy a KR, non of us, and I am sure after a year of them sitting, we can ALL go back and get them at GT500 prices!!! Right? :happy feet:

that quote was aimed at former gmc and nobody else

+1, no disrespect, but neither Ford nor the dealer care, if the line continues for buyers who WANT the car. Come on, they are the hottest things in town. No different than ANY consumer product.... be it an IPOD, or the new Apple Phone, or Game Boy, or any other product the consumer wants that is either the hottest thing or in limited production. You live here, and this is American supply and demand at it's best. I know, your gonna say, "well you got yours at MSRP". And you are right, but as happy as I was to finally find it, the hunt was long, I as equally as ready to walk away if I did not find it at the price I was willing to pay. So just like a house that you just have to have and get in a bidding war over (yes it happens daily) this is a car that if you have to have it, you need to be willing to pay the going price. We the consumer sets the going price, not Ford or the dealer. If the dealer sets an ADM of $50K and someone pays it, good for them. If no one wants to pay it, it comes down, to MSRP, and if no takers, goes lower... and before you know it, your buying a Focus and thousands under MSRP.

Bottom line, stop blaming Ford and the dealers... we set the price, we pay the price, and we feed the frenzy!

I was lucky enough to get mine at m.s.r.p. here in Michigan & I love my car.

I was lucky enough to get mine at m.s.r.p. here in Michigan & I love my car.

I am in MI as well, so we need to get together and enjoy our cars, and stop worrying about the next set of headaches like the KR. Being in MI you should understand, this is good for MI and Ford. Where are you at in MI?

IGNORANCE IS BLISS

Could be! But since you have posted you comment in at least two threads, one who reads this forum probably would not be ignorant of your opinion.

Perhaps you should post it a third time if you feel you have not enlightened a sufficient number of the ignorant masses?

M.S.R.P. does not apply on specialty market vehicles. Heck, M.S.R.P. really doesn't apply on most new vehicle car sales as consumers negotiate down from there for the best deal.

Supply & demand are really the only deciding factors on the price of a new specialty market vehicle. You know this. I understand you want a KR at MSRP but who doesn't?? Face it - most likely you and I and a whole bunch of other people will not have the priviledge or luxury of owning one unless you have some special "in" or are a favorite someone/something.

You know this. But I can understand the frustrated rant.

If dealers did sell all these at MSRP then chances are high you would still never get one. Every dealer would sell them to their best customers before selling them to anyone that just walks in off the street or to the customer that buys a new car once every 5 - 10 years.

Every dealership has many customers that buy several or more vehicles every single year. Those would be their top customers that they would give first crack at having these before letting them go to anyone else.

So if it wasn't for ADM's many of the people that bought a GT500 would have never been able to because they would have been sold to the regular customers at every dealership, and if there wasn't a regular customer most of the employees would have bought them leaving most people that did pay any ADM's without one!

How many vehicles have you purchased in your lifetime? Did you always happily agree to pay MSRP on all of them? Or did you negotiate a price below MSRP????

It's OK for consumers to beat up dealers to pay less than MSRP but it isn't OK for dealers to get anything above MSRP when they have a hot product?

And just so you know, whether you want to realize this or not, dealers are NOT raping anyone! It is the CUSTOMER that is willing and agreeing to pay whatever prices the dealers are asking! Without a willing customer that is willing to pay no dealer could ever get a dime over MSRP!

It takes a willing buyer to pay over in order for a dealer to get over! Without that there wouldn't be any ADM.

So now WHY would a dealer want to just give away $10K or whatever just because YOU don't want to pay for it when they have 100 other buyers willing to pay?

They should outlaw ebay! It isn't fair that people can sell things where people have to out bid each other in order to be able to buy something! They should outlaw auctions! Everything should be a set price that everyone should have to pay the same, regardless of how much more someone else is willing to spend for it!

The hell with the government and their federal laws on price fixing! Everyone should have to sell everything at the same price! What is the matter with people? Do they think we live in a free country or something???

I see dealers selling Ford Fusions for $3K over MSRP! Escape Hybrids for $5K and $10K over! Rediculous in my opinion, but dumb ass PEOPLE are willing to pay it so dealers are getting it!

This is a free market! Anyone can sell anything at any price they want! If you don't like the price, then don't buy it! Plain and simple. All the whinning in the world is never going to change it. It is the way has always been and always will be.

As for pissing customers off and where they will never buy another Ford because of this, then I guess they will never buy another vehicle again at all regardless of the brand because EVERY brand does this with a hot product! Every single one of them. So if you are mad at Ford dealers because of this then you should be mad at every dealer regardless of the brand because this happens with all of them.

Wait until the Challenger and Camero comes out. Those will have ADM's in the beginning as well. This is nothing new or different here.

Where has it been written in stone that MSRP is the price you should pay, anyway? How did you ever arrive at that idea other than that is just the price you want to pay?

I want a $500K house for $100k but no one seems to be interested in letting me buy one for that! The world sucks!

MSRP is nothing but the SUGGESTED retail price. It is NOT the price or a price that was ever set in stone. If it was manufacturers would have control over this. Consumers would pay MSRP on ALL vehicles, not just the hottest selling one's on the market. There would never be any rebates. No negotiating on prices. Everyone would pay the same. We not be living in a free society. There would be no free market.

If YOU were selling something and you thought it was worth, say, $10K and then you had two buyers show up at the same time, and they both say they will take it, but one offers you $20K because he wants it that much more than the other buyer standing there, who are YOU going to sell it to? Now it is only worth $10K because that is the price you decided it was worth and listed it at. So do you take the $20K from buyer two or do you say, forget you, I'm selling it to buyer one for $10K. Your $20K offer is an insult and I don't over price my things so I am going to let buyer one have it for the $10K. Which offer do you take? Be honest now!

If dealers did sell all these at MSRP then chances are high you would still never get one. Every dealer would sell them to their best customers before selling them to anyone that just walks in off the street or to the customer that buys a new car once every 5 - 10 years.

Every dealership has many customers that buy several or more vehicles every single year. Those would be their top customers that they would give first crack at having these before letting them go to anyone else.

So if it wasn't for ADM's many of the people that bought a GT500 would have never been able to because they would have been sold to the regular customers at every dealership, and if there wasn't a regular customer most of the employees would have bought them leaving most people that did pay any ADM's without one!

How many vehicles have you purchased in your lifetime? Did you always happily agree to pay MSRP on all of them? Or did you negotiate a price below MSRP????

It's OK for consumers to beat up dealers to pay less than MSRP but it isn't OK for dealers to get anything above MSRP when they have a hot product?

And just so you know, whether you want to realize this or not, dealers are NOT raping anyone! It is the CUSTOMER that is willing and agreeing to pay whatever prices the dealers are asking! Without a willing customer that is willing to pay no dealer could ever get a dime over MSRP!

It takes a willing buyer to pay over in order for a dealer to get over! Without that there wouldn't be any ADM.

So now WHY would a dealer want to just give away $10K or whatever just because YOU don't want to pay for it when they have 100 other buyers willing to pay?

They should outlaw ebay! It isn't fair that people can sell things where people have to out bid each other in order to be able to buy something! They should outlaw auctions! Everything should be a set price that everyone should have to pay the same, regardless of how much more someone else is willing to spend for it!

The hell with the government and their federal laws on price fixing! Everyone should have to sell everything at the same price! What is the matter with people? Do they think we live in a free country or something???

I see dealers selling Ford Fusions for $3K over MSRP! Escape Hybrids for $5K and $10K over! Rediculous in my opinion, but dumb ass PEOPLE are willing to pay it so dealers are getting it!

This is a free market! Anyone can sell anything at any price they want! If you don't like the price, then don't buy it! Plain and simple. All the whinning in the world is never going to change it. It is the way has always been and always will be.

As for pissing customers off and where they will never buy another Ford because of this, then I guess they will never buy another vehicle again at all regardless of the brand because EVERY brand does this with a hot product! Every single one of them. So if you are mad at Ford dealers because of this then you should be mad at every dealer regardless of the brand because this happens with all of them.

Wait until the Challenger and Camero comes out. Those will have ADM's in the beginning as well. This is nothing new or different here.

Where has it been written in stone that MSRP is the price you should pay, anyway? How did you ever arrive at that idea other than that is just the price you want to pay?

I want a $500K house for $100k but no one seems to be interested in letting me buy one for that! The world sucks!

MSRP is nothing but the SUGGESTED retail price. It is NOT the price or a price that was ever set in stone. If it was manufacturers would have control over this. Consumers would pay MSRP on ALL vehicles, not just the hottest selling one's on the market. There would never be any rebates. No negotiating on prices. Everyone would pay the same. We not be living in a free society. There would be no free market.

If YOU were selling something and you thought it was worth, say, $10K and then you had two buyers show up at the same time, and they both say they will take it, but one offers you $20K because he wants it that much more than the other buyer standing there, who are YOU going to sell it to? Now it is only worth $10K because that is the price you decided it was worth and listed it at. So do you take the $20K from buyer two or do you say, forget you, I'm selling it to buyer one for $10K. Your $20K offer is an insult and I don't over price my things so I am going to let buyer one have it for the $10K. Which offer do you take? Be honest now!

AMEN TO MOST OF THIS

M.S.R.P. does not apply on specialty market vehicles. Heck, M.S.R.P. really doesn't apply on most new vehicle car sales as consumers negotiate down from there for the best deal.

Supply & demand are really the only deciding factors on the price of a new specialty market vehicle. You know this. I understand you want a KR at MSRP but who doesn't?? Face it - most likely you and I and a whole bunch of other people will not have the priviledge or luxury of owning one unless you have some special "in" or are a favorite someone/something.

You know this. But I can understand the frustrated rant.

THE REASON FOR MY RANT IS THAT I WAS 1ST ON A LIST AT A LOCAL DEALER WHO STATED TO ME THAT THE CAR WOULD BE AT $5,000.00 OVER STICKER, I AGREED TO IT THEN HE RE ASSESSED THE MARKET VALUE AND RAISED IT TO $50,000 OVER, FRICKEN PISSED ME OFF. HE WON A LOTTERY PICK ALREADY AND NOW HAS A BUYER AT HIS ASKING PRICE. IT SUCK BUT THUS IS LIFE I GUESS

post-8609-1188774775_thumb.jpg

post-8609-1188774775_thumb.jpg

:rant::rant::rant: ...Let me buy you a beer S Dude... :beerchug:

THE REASON FOR MY RANT IS THAT I WAS 1ST ON A LIST AT A LOCAL DEALER WHO STATED TO ME THAT THE CAR WOULD BE AT $5,000.00 OVER STICKER, I AGREED TO IT THEN HE RE ASSESSED THE MARKET VALUE AND RAISED IT TO $50,000 OVER, FRICKEN PISSED ME OFF. HE WON A LOTTERY PICK ALREADY AND NOW HAS A BUYER AT HIS ASKING PRICE. IT SUCK BUT THUS IS LIFE I GUESS

Believe it or not, from the prices I'm hearing about, $50,000 over may be a good deal. However, the car is not worth that kind of money. As someone stated earlier, the asking prices approach a GT500 and a GT500 Super Snake as your week-end car. I remember in 1980 when I sold my 65 289 Cobra that it took almost six months of advertising it to pull $29,000. So, those paying way over list have a VERY, VERY long wait to make money.

The truth is most will never see the street for fear of ruining their INVESTMENT potential.

Bill

This doesn't have to do with dealers adding ADM's. This has to do with a dealer that wouldn't honor his word.

When he agreed to sell for $5K over didn't you try to get a signed purchase agreement stating the sales price would be MSRP + $5K?

There were a lot of people that got shafted by dealers that promised a certain price for a GT500 then later raised their prices once they seen what the market was bringing on them.

I disagree with that crap! If a dealer promises to sell at a certain price they should honor that regardless of what the market does in the future. If they were concerned with that then they should never agree to anything until they know what they will want.

There were also a lot of dealers that failed to honor signed purchase agreements with deposits as well. You are not alone. And I don't blame you for being pissed off over it. You have every right to be.

Different subject and one I can agree with you on!

OK....My 2 cents...I have a movie theater and when a big pitcher is playing and every one must see it .....I DON'T YACK THE PRICE UP FOR A TICKET!!!!!no I sell it at the same price as always....If I pulled this sh-t I would be out on my a$$....The film co would love this for they get a % of all tickets sold......[app70-90 %] Sorry.... but if you would like to see this show it will be $10+$5 ATM[added theater mark-up]so that will be $15 please.......sorry you don't like that then waite for it on dvd.......Yes this is the same thing....I'm just selling a movie, not a car......?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Do you negotiate under ticket prices for less popular movies?

Not by movies but lower price for the un-popular times ,so ya we take a hit .....[shit car aka shit time same deal] really this is a sim biz.......

OK....My 2 cents...I have a movie theater and when a big pitcher is playing and every one must see it .....I DON'T YACK THE PRICE UP FOR A TICKET!!!!!no I sell it at the same price as always....If I pulled this sh-t I would be out on my a$$....The film co would love this for they get a % of all tickets sold......[app70-90 %] Sorry.... but if you would like to see this show it will be $10+$5 ATM[added theater mark-up]so that will be $15 please.......sorry you don't like that then waite for it on dvd.......Yes this is the same thing....I'm just selling a movie, not a car......?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes, but everyone that wants to see the movie will be able to see it.

When you have a LIMITED number to go around and a lot more buyers than there are product to meet demand, it causes an increase in prices. This is for most things on the market, not just cars.

The F-150 is the number one selling truck and has been for 29 years running. But no one would pay an ADM to get one. Why? Because they have plenty to go around and most people will shop you against 5 other dealerships just to save another $50 bucks!

I haven't seen any dealers going out of business because of charging any ADM's on a hot limited item.

Look at the new playstation that came out last year. They had a limited number, people stood in lines for days before it was to be released, and then there were all kinds being sold on ebay for tweo - three the cost.

How many people would pay $5 extra to be the first to see a new movie rather than wait a week? I can't imagine any would. How many people would pay an ADM to buy a Taurus, Escape, Explorer, F-150, Ranger, Impala, Suburban, Dodge Minivan, etc,? I can't imagine any would.

How many would pay an ADM to get a new 500 HP car that is limited to 10K units? Obviously a LOT! It is those people that are willing to pay to get one that creates the market on this, not the dealers. Dealers can only ask for a certain price. If no one will pay it then obviously the prices would drop. Even the manufacturer would end up slapping rebates on them just to help to get them sold!

Archived