TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ATTN: Ford Dealers

OK now I want EVERYBODY to picture this!

Imagine in this scenerio that YOU are the dealer and YOU decide to sell your item to buyer #1 for $10k because you decide you "like" him better(or he was 1st in line) and you want to help him out by getting him YOUR item for the price he can afford(let's assume buyer #1 cannot afford to pay $20k for your item like buyer #2 can but buyer #1 really really wants it OR was 1st in line) so right in front of buyer #2 you sell to buyer #1 for $10k THEN right in front of your face buyer #1 turns to buyer #2 and sells the item to buyer #2 for a $10k profit!! IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE!!! OH MAN I WOULD COME UN-GLUED!! Imagine how a dealer would feel who has to pay thousands in overhead just to make ends meet.

See everybody?

I don't remember who it was but that exact thing happend here!!! A member got his car at MSRP (I believe), lost his job and posted it here. Not for MSRP. I believe it was 15k over? Anyway depends on which side of the fence you are on I guess.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you have that deal in writing then you need to file a lawsuit and sue for specific performance! The car is not out yet and if you have it in writing with a set price of paying $5K over MSRP or whatever your deal was set at, you will win this hands down! You can also sue for all your attorney fees and court cost! The court will order him to sell the car to you if you have a contract signed contract.

For the amount of money this car is bringing and with a signed contract to buy one for onlyt $5K over I would be all over this in a New York second and have my attorney send him a letter and file the suit against them and get it tied up to prevent them from selling it until the case is resolved!

You are so right ShelbyDude. If he has a signed buyers order and a receipt for his deposit. He will win. Asking for specific performance means he gets the car he bought and the car can not be sold until the suit is settled.

I would have already hired a LOCAL attorney with influence on the LOCAL BAR in the jurisdiction where the deposit was left. If he has the signed buyers order and receipt for the deposit, he will win IMO. We must have an attorney on the forum from Michigan. Sounds like a slam dunk to me. I wonder how car dealers fare in front of a jury?

Good information has indeed been provided. Bogus information is what I am addressing. Attempting to justify price gouging in the face of factory sponsored incentives designed to clear the market of leftover 07 stock is not what many would consider "good information"

There are no factory incentives on any Shelbys to help clear the lots! That is just lame. I would hardly consider 36 months financing much of an incentive to clear lots. 95% of the buyers could never afford to make the payments on a $45K car over 36 months.

This incentive has been around since June and Ford has been delivering 07 GT500's that dealers are just now getting. The last one I seen showed a delivery date of 8/23/07.

With less than 600 left Ford does not need any incentive on these to move them. Especially with dealers still getting over MSRP. Ford could care less how long a handful of dealers sit on these. Ford has been paid for them. So what do they care???

Ford: Ah, poor little dealers, you are still sitting on a few of these because you want $20K over MSRP. Poor baby. Here, let us step up and help you out by slapping some incentives on them for you so you can get some help to move these and still hold out for your extra $20K profit! Yeah, right! Your logic here is rediculous.

You are so right ShelbyDude. If he has a signed buyers order and a receipt for his deposit. He will win. Asking for specific performance means he gets the car he bought and the car can not be sold until the suit is settled.

I would have already hired a LOCAL attorney with influence on the LOCAL BAR in the jurisdiction where the deposit was left. If he has the signed buyers order and receipt for the deposit, he will win IMO. We must have an attorney on the forum from Michigan. Sounds like a slam dunk to me. I wonder how car dealers fare in front of a jury?

A car dealer that signed a contract to sell a car at a certain price would not stand a chance in front of a jury nor a Judge for that matter. A contract is a contract is a contract! They wouldn't stand a chance and I doubt it would ever go that far to involve a Jury unless the dealer is plain stupid!

There are no factory incentives on any Shelbys to help clear the lots! That is just lame. I would hardly consider 36 months financing much of an incentive to clear lots. 95% of the buyers could never afford to make the payments on a $45K car over 36 months.

This incentive has been around since June and Ford has been delivering 07 GT500's that dealers are just now getting. The last one I seen showed a delivery date of 8/23/07.

With less than 600 left Ford does not need any incentive on these to move them. Especially with dealers still getting over MSRP. Ford could care less how long a handful of dealers sit on these. Ford has been paid for them. So what do they care???

Ford: Ah, poor little dealers, you are still sitting on a few of these because you want $20K over MSRP. Poor baby. Here, let us step up and help you out by slapping some incentives on them for you so you can get some help to move these and still hold out for your extra $20K profit! Yeah, right! Your logic here is rediculous.

+1 and I think the 36 month thing was taking out of dealer stock was it not? In either case, with less than 500 left of the 07, those dealers are gonna hold on to them until they get their number. Who knows maybe that is the only one they will get?... Also, lets face it, anyone with an once of financial thought knows the rate play less into a payment than the term. Regardless, 36 months is a big payment even at zero financing and 5.9 at 72 months makes things much better. As well with simple interest loans you can pay what you want, and off at any time.

I would have to say the fools that are paying 20, 25, 30+ over and 50 - 100 for a KR are raping themselves! :hysterical:

I know I would never pay that!

I do feel that the GT500 is worth every penny of $60K. I'm not saying that to justify any ADM or suggesting that because I think it is worth that then that is what anyone should be willing to pay. Not at all. I just think it is worth that much and had Ford priced the MSRP at $60K I would have still bought one!

If this car wasn't worth a lot more than $45K then why and how can people justify sinking more money into this after they buy one? You yourself have a lot of cash tied up into yours. What did you say you got into yours, about $87K so far, wasn't it? Look at the people that will be dropping another $30K for the SS.

For the record, this is the ONLY car Ford has ever made that they under priced! Take every other vehicle they make and they are all over priced by at least 30% in my opinion! But that goes for just about all makes, not just Ford.

Your statement's here I do concur, and as for the87k.....thats every penny I have into it ....so I got caught up in it a little....thats my bad...No disrespect intended to any members......

+1 and I think the 36 month thing was taking out of dealer stock was it not? In either case, with less than 500 left of the 07, those dealers are gonna hold on to them until they get their number. Who knows maybe that is the only one they will get?... Also, lets face it, anyone with an once of financial thought knows the rate play less into a payment than the term. Regardless, 36 months is a big payment even at zero financing and 5.9 at 72 months makes things much better. As well with simple interest loans you can pay what you want, and off at any time.

Where can you get 5.9% for 72 months?

The local credit unions around here have the lowest rates around and they are at 6.9% for 72 months. Ford Credit is about 9%.

The local credit unions around here have the lowest rates around and they are at 6.9% for 72 months. Ford Credit is about 9%.

hey Dude...

When does the 0% for 36 month promo end? Soon I think...

Is it the same for all areas of the country?

Finance 45 grand for three years @ 7% and you save over 5 grand in finance charges. $5,000.00 savings! You do not see this as an incentive? This is an enormous incentive to say the least.

There were a thousand or more 07s left over because the mad rush of enthusiasts willing to pay a large premium has ended. The potential customers out there at this point aren't listening to hype and BS about how rare and limited the car is and how supply and demand force the retailers to charge many thousands beyond the MSRP. You might be well advised at this to can the crap and stop treating loyal Ford mainstream customer like idiots with all the nonsense that has be so prevalent for the past year.

With any effort at all, a GT500 could be had for $2,000 to $5,000 ADM. If you can't swing that, you're not realistically in the market. It's simple. Don't use it as a platform to rant on. Most here are tired of hearing it.

HSURB

Finance 45 grand for three years @ 7% and you save over 5 grand in finance charges. $5,000.00 savings! You do not see this as an incentive? This is an enormous incentive to say the least.

There were a thousand or more 07s left over because the mad rush of enthusiasts willing to pay a large premium has ended. The potential customers out there at this point aren't listening to hype and BS about how rare and limited the car is and how supply and demand force the retailers to charge many thousands beyond the MSRP. You might be well advised at this to can the crap and stop treating loyal Ford mainstream customer like idiots with all the nonsense that has be so prevalent for the past year.

Like I said. MOST people could not take advantage of that incentive because even at 0% the payments are still to high. So, no! I don't see that as good incentive except for the few wealthy people that could afford this.

The reason there were a 1,000 of these at the end of the year is because for built about 25% of the total production over the last 3 months. Look at the build numbers and dates people have posted here.

There is now less than 600. Over 400 were just delivered since the end of June!

Many could be cars dealers are keeping and just paying the floorplan VS paying them off. Some are being sent to SAI to have the 40th and SS done, so those will remain showing up until SAI gets them completed and they are delivered to the customer and reported sold. I know one dealer that has 3 sitting at SAI right now waiting to get the SS package on them and has all 3 sold for $90K each. Many other dealers are doing the same thing.

So these numbers we see really don't mean much and even with less than 600 left out close to 11K made is nothing!

I just got 5/9 for 72 on my Jag lst week. In MI the rates are pretty low I guess. You can get 5.9 on 60-72 all day. I got my loan from the dealer through 5/3 Bank.

I thought we agreed that you would stop bashing the forum ONCE you got your car at MSRP??? Did that happen yet? So rather than the continued BS from you, show it with action not with words! We can't wait for your post with Pics of your MSRP deal, after all, there are 1000's of them out there according to you!! Or would you just rather :censored: about it??

Like I said. MOST people could not take advantage of that incentive because even at 0% the payments are still to high. So, no! I don't see that as good incentive except for the few wealthy people that could afford this.

The reason there were a 1,000 of these at the end of the year is because for built about 25% of the total production over the last 3 months. Look at the build numbers and dates people have posted here.

There is now less than 600. Over 400 were just delivered since the end of June!

Many could be cars dealers are keeping and just paying the floorplan VS paying them off. Some are being sent to SAI to have the 40th and SS done, so those will remain showing up until SAI gets them completed and they are delivered to the customer and reported sold. I know one dealer that has 3 sitting at SAI right now waiting to get the SS package on them and has all 3 sold for $90K each. Many other dealers are doing the same thing.

So these numbers we see really don't mean much and even with less than 600 left out close to 11K made is nothing!

I have to agree with drhooligan on this one...but obviously we each have our own views. I think many people buying these do have some financial leeway to pay in 3 years or they'd be buying a $25,000 car, not a $50,000 car (or at least maybe they SHOULD be :hysterical: ). I do think it's odd to provide an "incentive" on a car that's selling with ADMs in many cases..but I just shrug my shoulders and go on. I WISH I could have received the 0% financing. I paid about 25k down, and financed the remaining ~$20k over 3 years. I could have easily financed this over 3 years and afforded the payment...mainly because I already had the cash in the bank.

You might ask why I didn't just pay cash for the car at time of sale...a valid question. I am looking into some "other business opportunities" for which I prefer (don't have to....but PREFER to) to keep some money liquid at this time.

Regardless, there have been some valid points made and we obviously have different views...which is fine by me. ;)

Dave

I have to agree with drhooligan on this one...but obviously we each have our own views. I think many people buying these do have some financial leeway to pay in 3 years or they'd be buying a $25,000 car, not a $50,000 car (or at least maybe they SHOULD be :hysterical: ). I do think it's odd to provide an "incentive" on a car that's selling with ADMs in many cases..but I just shrug my shoulders and go on. I WISH I could have received the 0% financing. I paid about 25k down, and financed the remaining ~$20k over 3 years. I could have easily financed this over 3 years and afforded the payment...mainly because I already had the cash in the bank.

You might ask why I didn't just pay cash for the car at time of sale...a valid question. I am looking into some "other business opportunities" for which I prefer (don't have to....but PREFER to) to keep some money liquid at this time.

Regardless, there have been some valid points made and we obviously have different views...which is fine by me. ;)

Dave

Dave, I agree with your logic, however if I recall the 0-36 deal was taking dealer stock on an 07, not for orders! I may be wrong, but I am almost 90% sure. I am like you, I could pay cash if I really wanted to, however I think regardless of term and as long as the rate is fair, I can do better investing my cash than I can paying cash on a car. If you look at what Hooligan stated, it was more about thinking the 0-36 was a motivator for Ford to off load GT500's and I think that was far from the case. I can almost bet that very little, very little GT500's were sold or moved because of that deal. I could be wrong, but again, the rate has less to do with the monthly cost than the term does. Most guys here I would assume will extend the loan and keep the payments down, knowing they can pay the loan off whenever they want to, or need to. Just my .02.

With any effort at all, a GT500 could be had for $2,000 to $5,000 ADM. If you can't swing that, you're not realistically in the market. It's simple. Don't use it as a platform to rant on. Most here are tired of hearing it.

HSURB

Like I said in an earlier post on this subject, hooligan will be ranting after the last '08 is sold and still not have pulled the trigger. As you state above, with the market where it is now on ADMs, coupled with the 0% incentive, you are effectively below MSRP. If he's really a buyer and not just a whiner, he'd have bought one by now.

Maybe we should start an over/under pool on when hooligan will actually buy a GT500. Kind of like those baby pools they run at the office about due dates. I know I'll be taking the over. :hysterical2:

Like I said in an earlier post on this subject, hooligan will be ranting after the last '08 is sold and still not have pulled the trigger. As you state above, with the market where it is now on ADMs, coupled with the 0% incentive, you are effectively below MSRP. If he's really a buyer and not just a whiner, he'd have bought one by now.

Maybe we should start an over/under pool on when hooligan will actually buy a GT500. Kind of like those baby pools they run at the office about due dates. I know I'll be taking the over. :hysterical2:

I'm in!! :hysterical2:

The odds will be greatly stacked against him from ever getting one. Not so much as finding one for MSRP. That is certainly possible if you are willing to work enough to hunt one down as several people here have done. But the odds are greatly against him because if he spews the crap he spews here to other dealers he will be burning all his bridges and none of them would sell him a car! Sometimes it is just better to not deal with certain people and let some other dealer have the headache.

The odds will be greatly stacked against him from ever getting one. Not so much as finding one for MSRP. That is certainly possible if you are willing to work enough to hunt one down as several people here have done. But the odds are greatly against him because if he spews the crap he spews here to other dealers he will be burning all his bridges and none of them would sell him a car! Sometimes it is just better to not deal with certain people and let some other dealer have the headache.

Well put. I got my MSRP deal with a lot of sugar and very little bothering them. They are a small dealer and I learned early on that they were not up to speed on a lot of the tools talked about on this site. I have had better luck with you guys getting me what I needed.

Bottom line, you are right on. Most dealer "don't have to" deal with some people, more so on a hot car like this.

Well so much more that great incentive Ford put on these to help dealers move them!

I just ran the vin on a couple of GT500's and there are is NO MORE 0% FOR 36 MONTHS!

Odd, why would they end that if they NEEDED to help clear the lots?????

The ONLY incentive available is the $500 College Grad which has always been available.

Don't know how many college grads can afford one of these, but they are eligible.

So if anyone meets any of the following you can get this incentive.

(NOTE! This is not some incentive to help dealers clear their lots. This incentive has always been available on the Shelbys)

Good through 1/2/08

To be eligible, students must meet one of the below requirements:

- Student is currently enrolled full-time OR part-time at an accredited Four-Year College/University, Junior College, Community College, or Trade School (Student must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 2 classes or an equivalent of 6 credit hours) and is considered by the schools guidelines to be in "good academic standing" (academic standing may be noted on the student's term grade report).

OR

- Student is currently enrolled in a trade school.

OR

- Student has graduated or will graduate between May 1, 2005 and January 2, 2008*.

OR

- Student is currently enrolled in Graduate School at one of the select eligible colleges.

*NOTE: One-course completion certificates, on-the-job training courses (i.e. sales training, teaching certificates, professional designations and adult education courses do not qualify.

Dave

It is odd, but it has nothing to do with a need to clear the lots. If that was the case then they would have offered the 1.9 for 48, 2.9 for 60 and 4.9 for 72 as well.

There are a lot of people buying these that shouldn't be and should be buying a $25K car instead. But people will let emotions and their wants take over and buy things they have no business buying financially. You have already seen a number of these being sold as used already because some of those are people that got in over their heads.

Also, if you noticed there has never been one adverisement from FORD advertising this incetive to the public. Not ONE! The only ads that were out were from dealers running their own ads.

And if this was such a great incentive then why hasn't this helped with selling the SGT's? You can buy those for MSRP and below yet no one seems to be interested in taking advantage of this so called great incentive.

The ONLY people that stand to benefit from this type of offer are the ones that could pay cash where they can leave their cash in the babk and take advantage of this offer OR the ones that have strong enough income to be able to take on a substantial car payment in addition to all their other monthly obligations. For the AVERAGE person wanting to buy one of these, they can not afford the payment at 36 months regardless of the 0%.

BTW. That offer has since expired and is no longer available. So so much for Ford wanting to get the lots cleared!

FYI: Just met a dude this weekend at our local cruise (The Berlin Turnpike) with a brand new Grabber Orange GT500. He said he got it at MSRP because it was a 2007 and the dealer (Lombard Ford in Winsted, CT) just got in a 2008 which they priced at $10K over. He just happened to call at the right time. He also mentioned that the color wasn't his choice but because it was MSRP deal he jumped on it.

Building 25% of the model year in a 3 month period is 1/4 of the total in 1/4 of the year. No revelation there.

What ever happened to the lists of 50 or a 100 people willing to pay anything to get one of these, where did they go?

Here is the build info on one of the members that posted here:

Performance White/Vista Blue - Built 3/07

6227 coupe built

1634th performance white built

So his was # 6,227 out of 8,150 coupes built and his was built in March.

So over the next 3 months they built another 1,923 Coupes which is 23.6% of total production built over the last 3 months.

Here is another members info that he posted:

Talked with Jeff.

#7309 of 8150 coupes

#1984 of 2250 White coupes

#48 of 297 total Red Stripe PKG

#28 of 128 White w/ Red Stripe PKG

BUILD DATE

5/10/2007

His car was built on 5/10/07 and the first day of production for the 08 started on 6/25 which was a Monday. They also had a two week shut down during this time which leaves one month left of 07 production.

So they pumped out another 841 Coupes over the last month of production. That is 10.3% of total production on Coupes built just in the last month!

This is why there was what appeared to look like a lot of 07's still out there. Ford really pumped up the production numbers over the last 3 - 4 months.

These are factual numbers, they don't lie, unless you now want to accuse SVT of lying and giving out false build numbers to these customers!

No problem buying cars for me at all. A neighbor of mine owns a number of different dealerships. I deal with him only, if he doesn't have it, he gets it at the right price every time.

REALLY????

Then why haven't you gotten your Shelby yet?

What's the hold up?

You really don't expect anyone to believe that, now do you? :hysterical:

Hold a minute. I have to go get some boots on because it is getting really deep in here! :hysterical2::hysterical2:

No problem buying cars for me at all. A neighbor of mine owns a number of different dealerships. I deal with him only, if he doesn't have it, he gets it at the right price every time.

This was the shot over the bow that sunk the ship! After all that yakking and complaining of ADM and the need for Ford to dump these cars and now you say you can have one, any time, any price??? Yet you don't??? And I bet your dog is bigger than mine and your dad can beat up my dad!!! Go buy a freaking car already, then come back and brag your butt off... and then YOU can shut US up!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

This was the shot over the bow that sunk the ship! After all that yakking and complaining of ADM and the need for Ford to dump these cars and now you say you can have one, any time, any price??? Yet you don't??? And I bet your dog is bigger than mine and your dad can beat up my dad!!! Go buy a freaking car already, then come back and brag your butt off... and then YOU can shut US up!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yeah, just like the 03 Cobra he brags about. He complained how a dealer want an ADM and how he bought it a few months later for less than MSRP after Ford slapped $5K rebates on them, but he ONLY BUYS FROM HIS NEIGHBOR.

I can't find high enough boots to wade through all this hype! :hysterical2:

Yeah, just like the 03 Cobra he brags about. He complained how a dealer want an ADM and how he bought it a few months later for less than MSRP after Ford slapped $5K rebates on them, but he ONLY BUYS FROM HIS NEIGHBOR.

I can't find high enough boots to wade through all this hype! :hysterical2:

OK ShelbyDude, please verify that '08s will be done shipping in August 2008. Given that, the midpoint between now and then is roughly Feb 20, 2008. Let's make that the date for the over/under pool that hooligan buys a GT500. That gives plenty of time for the winter to kill demand in the northern markets and assures that they will be under MSRP (if they get there). :waiting:

I'll take the Over and wager......let's see.......hmm, how rich should we make this......OK.....a set of Cobra Valve stem covers from American Muscle...I think I can get that by the wife without her noticing. :hysterical:

OK ShelbyDude, please verify that '08s will be done shipping in August 2008. Given that, the midpoint between now and then is roughly Feb 20, 2008. Let's make that the date for the over/under pool that hooligan buys a GT500. That gives plenty of time for the winter to kill demand in the northern markets and assures that they will be under MSRP (if they get there). :waiting:

I'll take the Over and wager......let's see.......hmm, how rich should we make this......OK.....a set of Cobra Valve stem covers from American Muscle...I think I can get that by the wife without her noticing. :hysterical:

He is probably holding out for a 2009 in the event they build those in hopes of getting one at invoice along with some rebates applied to that!

thought this thread was long put to bed ... i c wrong

Here is the build info on one of the members that posted here:

Performance White/Vista Blue - Built 3/07

6227 coupe built

1634th performance white built

So his was # 6,227 out of 8,150 coupes built and his was built in March.

So over the next 3 months they built another 1,923 Coupes which is 23.6% of total production built over the last 3 months.

Here is another members info that he posted:

Talked with Jeff.

#7309 of 8150 coupes

#1984 of 2250 White coupes

#48 of 297 total Red Stripe PKG

#28 of 128 White w/ Red Stripe PKG

BUILD DATE

5/10/2007

His car was built on 5/10/07 and the first day of production for the 08 started on 6/25 which was a Monday. They also had a two week shut down during this time which leaves one month left of 07 production.

So they pumped out another 841 Coupes over the last month of production. That is 10.3% of total production on Coupes built just in the last month!

This is why there was what appeared to look like a lot of 07's still out there. Ford really pumped up the production numbers over the last 3 - 4 months.

These are factual numbers, they don't lie, unless you now want to accuse SVT of lying and giving out false build numbers to these customers!

HOW DO I FIND OUT WHAT NUMBER MY 2007 SHELBY GT500 COUPE IS IN RELATION TO BUILD NUMBER, ETC.

Archived