TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ATTN: Ford Dealers

Do you negotiate on soda, candy and popcorn prices? Why do movie theaters charge so much more for those items than what you can buy them for at any store???? Is that not charging an ADM???

Do you allow people to bring there own if they don't want to pay the ADM for the pop and candy you sell???

Dang greedy movie theaters!!!! They will get you one way or the other! :hysterical:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you negotiate on soda, candy and popcorn prices? Why do movie theaters charge so much more for those items than what you can buy them for at any store???? Is that not charging an ADM???

Do you allow people to bring there own if they don't want to pay the ADM for the pop and candy you sell???

Dang greedy movie theaters!!!! They will get you one way or the other! :hysterical2:

Point. Most bring there own, and it's the film co that are the greedy one's. Popcorn and soda pay the rent and the candy is just a pain in the but. Oh and there is still 500+ 07 gt500's out there....Don't get misunderstand me, biz is biz ......but 20, 25 over and 50 to 100.000 over for a KR, come on......please...............who is really raping who here............. :hysterical2:

If YOU were selling something and you thought it was worth, say, $10K and then you had two buyers show up at the same time, and they both say they will take it, but one offers you $20K because he wants it that much more than the other buyer standing there, who are YOU going to sell it to? Now it is only worth $10K because that is the price you decided it was worth and listed it at. So do you take the $20K from buyer two or do you say, forget you, I'm selling it to buyer one for $10K. Your $20K offer is an insult and I don't over price my things so I am going to let buyer one have it for the $10K. Which offer do you take? Be honest now!

OK now I want EVERYBODY to picture this!

Imagine in this scenerio that YOU are the dealer and YOU decide to sell your item to buyer #1 for $10k because you decide you "like" him better(or he was 1st in line) and you want to help him out by getting him YOUR item for the price he can afford(let's assume buyer #1 cannot afford to pay $20k for your item like buyer #2 can but buyer #1 really really wants it OR was 1st in line) so right in front of buyer #2 you sell to buyer #1 for $10k THEN right in front of your face buyer #1 turns to buyer #2 and sells the item to buyer #2 for a $10k profit!! IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE!!! OH MAN I WOULD COME UN-GLUED!! Imagine how a dealer would feel who has to pay thousands in overhead just to make ends meet.

See everybody?

Point. Most bring there own, and it's the film co that are the greedy one's. Popcorn and soda pay the rent and the candy is just a pain in the but. Oh and there is still 500+ 07 gt500's out there....Don't get misunderstand me, biz is biz ......but 20, 25 over and 50 to 100.000 over for a KR, come on......please...............who is really raping who here............. :hysterical2:

I would have to say the fools that are paying 20, 25, 30+ over and 50 - 100 for a KR are raping themselves! :hysterical:

I know I would never pay that!

I do feel that the GT500 is worth every penny of $60K. I'm not saying that to justify any ADM or suggesting that because I think it is worth that then that is what anyone should be willing to pay. Not at all. I just think it is worth that much and had Ford priced the MSRP at $60K I would have still bought one!

If this car wasn't worth a lot more than $45K then why and how can people justify sinking more money into this after they buy one? You yourself have a lot of cash tied up into yours. What did you say you got into yours, about $87K so far, wasn't it? Look at the people that will be dropping another $30K for the SS.

For the record, this is the ONLY car Ford has ever made that they under priced! Take every other vehicle they make and they are all over priced by at least 30% in my opinion! But that goes for just about all makes, not just Ford.

OK now I want EVERYBODY to picture this!

Imagine in this scenerio that YOU are the dealer and YOU decide to sell your item to buyer #1 for $10k because you decide you "like" him better(or he was 1st in line) and you want to help him out by getting him YOUR item for the price he can afford(let's assume buyer #1 cannot afford to pay $20k for your item like buyer #2 can but buyer #1 really really wants it OR was 1st in line) so right in front of buyer #2 you sell to buyer #1 for $10k THEN right in front of your face buyer #1 turns to buyer #2 and sells the item to buyer #2 for a $10k profit!! IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE!!! OH MAN I WOULD COME UN-GLUED!! Imagine how a dealer would feel who has to pay thousands in overhead just to make ends meet.

See everybody?

Actually, that has happened on many of these cars that were sold in the beginning. Most were presold before the car came and dealers had a clue as to what these would be going for. A lot of people were selling their RIGHT to buy at MSRP. You would pay the seller his $5K - $10K and then you would step into his place and buy the car from the dealer once it came in.

Many dealers sold these for MSRP where their so called GOOD customers turned around and sold them for a fast $10K profit. Some of these customers sold them to other dealers!!!!

There were also guys selling their power leases to dealers and on ebay. The only problem with that was people that were buying the power lease rights to get a GT500 ASSUMED that because they had that that the dealers HAD to sell them one for MSRP. Not the case. The powerlease only guaranteed the holder that they could get a GT500, but they still had to negotiate a price through a dealer. Now I would assume it wasn't hard to find a dealer to sell you one for MSRP because that would just be an extra sale the dealer would have never had. That GT500 to a powerlease holder did not count as a unit against the dealer's allocation. So it was just one extra unit they would get a sale on.

What is the percentage in price difference VS a coke or popcorn in comparison to what you can buy the same thing at in a store? 50%, 75%, 100%, more?

I would have to say the fools that are paying 20, 25, 30+ over and 50 - 100 for a KR are raping themselves! :hysterical:

I know I would never pay that!

I do feel that the GT500 is worth every penny of $60K. I'm not saying that to justify any ADM or suggesting that because I think it is worth that then that is what anyone should be willing to pay. Not at all. I just think it is worth that much and had Ford priced the MSRP at $60K I would have still bought one!

If this car wasn't worth a lot more than $45K then why and how can people justify sinking more money into this after they buy one? You yourself have a lot of cash tied up into yours. What did you say you got into yours, about $87K so far, wasn't it? Look at the people that will be dropping another $30K for the SS.

For the record, this is the ONLY car Ford has ever made that they under priced! Take every other vehicle they make and they are all over priced by at least 30% in my opinion! But that goes for just about all makes, not just Ford.

ShelbyDude, you say this is the only vehilce Ford has ever under priced? I do not think you meant that as Ford under prices many of thier cars to sell them to meet restrictions. I was always told they loose money on every Focus they sell and make up for it on every SUV they sell. Regardless, if you think about it, a fully loaded GT vert runs around 39K and a fully loaded GT500 runs around 52K so we have avehiclestheir 13K difference in them. It really comes down to the 500HP motor, a few outside cosmetics, and whatever other power train and suspention differences that need to make up the 13K. That all said, I still say Ford is making money on each GT500 they sell,suspension so not really under priced, however they could have made more, now that I agree with!

If ADM,s weren't so high he would not have had that luxury....bearing market value..... Have at it boy's......It's not a poor man's car now.... :hysterical2: and the KR is for the rich folk only :hysterical:

With all the goodies you put in your car you could have paid for a KR :finger: , but then would have had under 600hp too. :hysterical:

I briefly breezed through some of the posts ..... and I take exception to this thread.

I "AM A DEALER" and most know me on this forum. I put the first annual FLORIDA SHELBYGT500 GET TOGETHER ..... which that BASTARD FoMoCo provided a lot of freebies ....... Both Sharon and Robert attended and even SAI contributed some really nice gifts.

I have sold two cars on this forum. One is our in bound 08GT500 and I gave the gentleman a good deal. I also have sold another member who is shipping a Mustang GT over to the UK His is a ordered unit and he paid $500 over invoice. I have always told any forum member who wants a car that they can have it at $500 over true invoice (excluding the GT500). Any forum member who wants to order a car or buy one from our inventory. DEAL STANDS. Makes life real simple.

Lastly .... business has been real poor the past 12 months. Each month seems to be worse. People have to understand that when a car comes along that a dealer can make alot of money for the most part he/she will. Ford ... GM or anyone else doesnt hold a gun to these customers and say you are forced to buy this car. Its called supply and demand and this theory wasnt created in the past 2 years.

I think the ADMs for the GT500 are fair ... in the 7500 to12000 k range ...... sure some dealers will let them go at MSRP and others are asking stupid money.

Regarding the KR; its a true collectors car ... very limited production ... and will go in excess of 6 figures. Those who buy it will appreciate it and make money on it down the road. I dont call that raping anyone.

My 02 cents worth ....

I briefly breezed through some of the posts ..... and I take exception to this thread.

I "AM A DEALER" and most know me on this forum. I put the first annual FLORIDA SHELBYGT500 GET TOGETHER ..... which that BASTARD FoMoCo provided a lot of freebies ....... Both Sharon and Robert attended and even SAI contributed some really nice gifts.

I have sold two cars on this forum. One is our in bound 08GT500 and I gave the gentleman a good deal. I also have sold another member who is shipping a Mustang GT over to the UK His is a ordered unit and he paid $500 over invoice. I have always told any forum member who wants a car that they can have it at $500 over true invoice (excluding the GT500). Any forum member who wants to order a car or buy one from our inventory. DEAL STANDS. Makes life real simple.

Lastly .... business has been real poor the past 12 months. Each month seems to be worse. People have to understand that when a car comes along that a dealer can make alot of money for the most part he/she will. Ford ... GM or anyone else doesnt hold a gun to these customers and say you are forced to buy this car. Its called supply and demand and this theory wasnt created in the past 2 years.

I think the ADMs for the GT500 are fair ... in the 7500 to12000 k range ...... sure some dealers will let them go at MSRP and others are asking stupid money.

Regarding the KR; its a true collectors car ... very limited production ... and will go in excess of 6 figures. Those who buy it will appreciate it and make money on it down the road. I dont call that raping anyone.

My 02 cents worth ....

You are a good guy and great dealer, However I think this post got out of hand. The original start was not the intent as I now see it. It was more about being screwed with after a deal was sealed than it is an ADM topic. I agree with how he feels, as I was also in his place several times with deals that went bad. I finally found a dealer like you and I hope.... hope... in a couple weeks to get my car as stated. This is more about the bad dealers, and we all know for every good dealer, there is one or maybe more than one bad dealer. Kudos for the forum starter for voicing his opinion, and I think we can all agree he is correct or his feeling are valid. The ADM stuff is what it is and I think he even agree to that. Not to put words in his mouth, just my take this far!

Thanks dan

The market is the market. GM and Chrysler, and MB and ever other dealer, except Saturn I think, plays this game. Dealerships, not the manufacturer. In fact, free trade laws pervent the manufacturer's from "controlling prices".

What is unscrupulous is reneging on deals that people have with "some" dealers.

This subject has been beat to death. :banghead:

The market is the market. GM and Chrysler, and MB and ever other dealer, except Saturn I think, plays this game. Dealerships, not the manufacturer. In fact, free trade laws pervent the manufacturer's from "controlling prices".

What is unscrupulous is reneging on deals that people have with "some" dealers.

This subject has been beat to death. :banghead:

It has been beaten to death, yet every day another person comes to this forum to tell his/her story and that still amazes me. Sort of sad really! :banghead:

My 02 cents worth ....

So if you get a 08 KR you will sell it at $7500.00 over sticker is that correct??

So if you get a 08 KR you will sell it at $7500.00 over sticker is that correct??

No other comments to my reply but that? I'll answer you anyway.

A previous thread on the forum stated what dealers are getting the KR. We arent one of them. Therefore I left the KR out for obvious reasons.

Were not getting one. U want a diesel .. come and get it

I would just like to add something.

I can understand the original poster's frustration.

However if he failed to "lock the deal" without a deposit and an written agreement he did not do his job of covering his a$$.

While I agree this dealer isn't honoring his word according to this post - THIS DEALER OWES HIM NOTHING. This dealer drastically underpriced his car and it was going to cost him thousands, heck even tens of thousands!!

I know some of you may think this is horrible, but imagine how many times a dealer has been told by his customer to verbally hold a vehicle that he will be back for and the customer never comes back, or answers phone calls...

The deals just aren't set until the paperwork is done.

Now if I was in the original poster's shoes, no doubt my feelings would be hurt also and I would be angry. But it's life...supply & demand... unless you have an agreement on paper to cover your a$$.

The GT500's and the KR's were produced to make the dealers lots of money - and I think it's working.

However if he failed to "lock the deal" without a deposit and an written agreement he did not do his job of covering his a$$.

While I agree this dealer isn't honoring his word according to this post - THIS DEALER OWES HIM NOTHING. This dealer drastically underpriced his car and it was going to cost him thousands, heck even tens of thousands!!

I know some of you may think this is horrible, but imagine how many times a dealer has been told by his customer to verbally hold a vehicle that he will be back for and the customer never comes back, or answers phone calls...

Now if I was in the original poster's shoes, no doubt my feelings would be hurt also and I would be angry. But it's life...supply & demand... unless you have an agreement on paper to cover your a$$.

The GT500's and the KR's were produced to make the dealers lots of money - and I think it's working.

I did lock the deal and I do have it in writing needless to say where we are at right now.

I am somewhere between you and him! I know how he feels and got shafted the same way. I am a smart business man, upper management for over 30 years. My word was and still is my life and integrity. I just bought a Jag last week, and did not sign a paper or give him a dime until the day it was picked up! So I disagree. I have a deal with a dealer on my GT500, gave them my 5K deposit and ordered my car. In my part of the earth that is a deal, done! It shows the offer, the intent, integrity, agreement, and acceptance. I think I am done, yet I do not have a signed contract. Call me stupid (don't really care) but this is not the first car or truck I have purchased new and did them all the same. I think the dealers need to do as much due diligence as the consumer and when a verbal with deposit is taken, that should be all it takes. If after that the dealer sells from under you, then all I can say is they belong in the hall of shame and it DOES have something to say about the dealer. I have MUCH less a problem with a dealer who states his ADM up front, and sells it for what has been agreed upon.

Bottom line, there is NO excuse in my book for a deal that is made and predicated on the facts at the time and a deposit given. Sorry, just my opinion!

I am somewhere between you and him! I know how he feels and got shafted the same way. I am a smart business man, upper management for over 30 years. My word was and still is my life and integrity. I just bought a Jag last week, and did not sign a paper or give him a dime until the day it was picked up! So I disagree. I have a deal with a dealer on my GT500, gave them my 5K deposit and ordered my car. In my part of the earth that is a deal, done! It shows the offer, the intent, integrity, agreement, and acceptance. I think I am done, yet I do not have a signed contract. Call me stupid (don't really care) but this is not the first car or truck I have purchased new and did them all the same. I think the dealers need to do as much due diligence as the consumer and when a verbal with deposit is taken, that should be all it takes. If after that the dealer sells from under you, then all I can say is they belong in the hall of shame and it DOES have something to say about the dealer. I have MUCH less a problem with a dealer who states his ADM up front, and sells it for what has been agreed upon.

Bottom line, there is NO excuse in my book for a deal that is made and predicated on the facts at the time and a deposit given. Sorry, just my opinion!

OUTSTANDING.... I applaud you and your post.

A dealer that renigs on a deal makes no sense.

We make mistakes from time to time on the vincent statements ... mis reading it .. and on occasion give the customer to much money. We catch it when finilizing the paper work with the customer but just eat it. Customers are our number one resource.

Thats what keeps us in business.

A dealer that renigs on a deal makes no sense.

We make mistakes from time to time on the vincent statements ... mis reading it .. and on occasion give the customer to much money. We catch it when finilizing the paper work with the customer but just eat it. Customers are our number one resource.

Thats what keeps us in business.

Very true and I agree with you to bad the dealer in question with me didn't feel the same way, time will tell the outcome, I apprieciate that fact that you as a dealer has the integrity and ethic that many dealers lack & I wish you and your dealership the best and I hope you prosper.

I did lock the deal and I do have it in writing needless to say where we are at right now.

OH. Well then..... I say pursue this by all means! That is the buy of a lifetime!!

I agree about a man's word....but unfortunately in this day and age most people's word doesn't mean what it should - sad fact.

Buying a "Jag" and a GT500KR are so different you can't even compare the two deals. I also have bought several new vehicles with just a word and no deposit. But the KR is a totally different animal. With ADM's reaching 50k - 100k on top of the purchase price of the vehicle excuse me for suggesting that someone have their deal written up to cover their tail when they are agreeing to purchase at a steal of only 5k over. There are thousands of people willing to buy a KR at 5k over - everyone on this site probably.

Nobody called you stupid.

Some dealers sell them for MSRP but your dealership believes that $7,500-$12,000 over the manufacturers price is fair and you wonder why your business has been , as you state "real poor".

Why were there a thousand 07s unsold when the 08s hit the market? Why did Ford have to apply a 0% financing incentive to these leftovers?

Oh, what am I thinking, I forgot what one of your astute colleagues said about the car being woth $60,000.00 and therefore justifying price gouging. I simply amazes me how some of you car salesmen know soooooooo much more than the manufacturer does. It is abundatly clear that many of you monkeys are simply the victims of your own shortsighted stupidity.

Now I am fully convinced that the only time some on this board open their mouth is to switch feet.

HSURB

If you have that deal in writing then you need to file a lawsuit and sue for specific performance! The car is not out yet and if you have it in writing with a set price of paying $5K over MSRP or whatever your deal was set at, you will win this hands down! You can also sue for all your attorney fees and court cost! The court will order him to sell the car to you if you have a contract signed contract.

For the amount of money this car is bringing and with a signed contract to buy one for onlyt $5K over I would be all over this in a New York second and have my attorney send him a letter and file the suit against them and get it tied up to prevent them from selling it until the case is resolved!

What part of post #55 doesn't make sense to you or are you also of the car salesman mentality and mindset.

Are you kidding? When you make a statement like the one below to members of the board that have regularly provided good information to members looking for information on their car.

HSURB

It is abundatly clear that many of you monkeys are simply the victims of your own shortsighted stupidity.

Some dealers sell them for MSRP but your dealership believes that $7,500-$12,000 over the manufacturers price is fair and you wonder why your business has been , as you state "real poor".

Why were there a thousand 07s unsold when the 08s hit the market? Why did Ford have to apply a 0% financing incentive to these leftovers?

Oh, what am I thinking, I forgot what one of your astute colleagues said about the car being woth $60,000.00 and therefore justifying price gouging. I simply amazes me how some of you car salesmen know soooooooo much more than the manufacturer does. It is abundatly clear that many of you monkeys are simply the victims of your own shortsighted stupidity.

You need to go back and read what I said. Nowhere did I say because I think the car is worth $60K that it justifies price gouging. Nowhere did I say anyone should be willing to pay an ADM because I think it is worth $60K.

What I think it is worth has nothing to do what I think people should pay or that they should pay more than what MSRP is. I said it is worth every penny of $60K. I said Ford underpriced this car, which obviously they did. I said if Ford priced the MSRP at $60K they would have sold everyone of them, which based on what most people did pay for this is obvious that it would have. But nowhere did I suggest anyone should pay the ADM because I think it is worth $60K.

You obviously can't read very well and have a severe problem with reading into things that you want to take and twist into things that are not true.

Archived