TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What, nobody from the NW?

Five Oh B

I would appreciate any and all news and information about the Shelby. Thanks.

Denny

Denny, you have come to the right place, no one knows more about these cars that the members on this board. Spend some time surfing the posts in the mod sections and you will understand just what I mean.

BTW, great color choice :superhero:

Rick

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm from Missoula, just a couple hundred miles away. Maybe we'll see each other cruising down

I-90 sometime! We have a red & white '07 GT500. I love the Vista Blue however!

Welcome aboard!

Owen

Thanks for the reply. We attended an International Mustang meet in Missoula. I would love to attend a get together of Shelby owners this spring or summer. We live on the same street, I-90.

Denny, you have come to the right place, no one knows more about these cars that the members on this board. Spend some time surfing the posts in the mod sections and you will understand just what I mean.

BTW, great color choice :superhero:

Rick

Hello Rick,

I want to thank the folks who have responded. I already feel welcome. Where are you located? My wife has a 99 Cobra Convt. (Rio Red with white top and modified). I have a 1967 Mustang Fastback (Dark Green with white stripes and modified). It looks great next to the 2007 with white stripes. I really wanted the forty year connection.

Denny

They will do your car anytime, I think they like saturdays best for some reason. I had mine done there a couple of weeks ago, I think they get $85.00 for a run.

Thanks SGT2666, I think I will check it out next week end. :superhero:

Hello Rick,

I want to thank the folks who have responded. I already feel welcome. Where are you located? My wife has a 99 Cobra Convt. (Rio Red with white top and modified). I have a 1967 Mustang Fastback (Dark Green with white stripes and modified). It looks great next to the 2007 with white stripes. I really wanted the forty year connection.

Denny

I live in Lake Stevens, east of Everett, have a 2nd home on Lake Entiat (Columbia River) in East Wenatchee, 1/2 way to Spokane!

Wow, nice stable, this is my first mustang, been hooked on street rods for a long time, but they are not overly fun to drive if ya know what I mean. This car is simply awsome, got a change to take it out at LV Speedway, what a blast, could never do this with my other cars.

Hope to meet you this summer!

Rick

Thanks for the reply. We attended an International Mustang meet in Missoula. I would love to attend a get together of Shelby owners this spring or summer. We live on the same street, I-90.

I was very invlolved with the International Meet that you attended. It would have been nice if we hadn't had so many forest fires that year! I think the smoke kinda kept our attendance down. I think I may have seen your '67 over in Spokane before, if you've had it a long time anyway, because I remember a green and white modified fastback from years ago. Does it have Shelby taillights? We have a '67 GT500 too, we've had it over 25 years.

Do you remember a Dark Blue '67 GT350 that used to be in Spokane? I believe the owner used to work at one of the Zip-Trip stations? It had the Shelby lettering across the trunk lid like a '68. I have always wondered whatever became of that car. It was an automatic car, and he had aftermarket wheels on it. A buddy of mine and I bought the Magstars off of it for another friend who was restoring a GT500.

Hello Owen,

I do remember the forest fires and the pallor of smoke hanging over the valley. I am looking at the 1st place trophy we won that year in 2003. We had our modified 1999 Cobra convt., which is Rio red with a white top. For the show we have a speedster cover. Our club had a great time at the meet.

We have a modified 1967 Mustang Fastback, which is dark green pearl with white stripes. It has the GT350 hood, but does not have the Shelby taillights. I did add the LED sequentials. I have added four wheel SSBS disks, Total Control power rack and other items. It looks nice next to the 2007. I wanted the 40 year connection, and could only come close. You have it. What a great pair. What are the colors?

A member of the club has a 1968 GT500 KR. He would like to make his 40 year connection, but with a possible $100,000 ADM, it probably is not going to happen. If you have any leads, let me know so that I can pass them on. I know there are some pretty big Ford dealers in Montana.

I am new at this posting, so I am not sure how much of this type of visiting is allowed. If I am wrong, someone will probably tell me, which would be good.

Ron,

I got rid of my wheel hop with a set of the BMR LCA's. Now my tires just spin. No Hopp. You can do a search and type in Wheel Hop and read up on everything. The Job is easy. I have a shop at my house and could help you put a set of BMR's LCA's if you are ever in Vancouver.

BTW.......I am having a party in May. You are invited. click here for details. Oh ya....welcome to Team Shelby.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...c=12545&hl=

I just ordered my BMR Anti Wheel Hop kit. Looking forward to "No Hopp" as you indicated. Did you install the kit or just the LCA's? Since the kit requires welding relocation brackets in will this hurt the value of my car?

Thanks for the offer to help with the installation but I have a shop that will take care of it for me. I have a bad back so need to hire others to do things like this.

OK COULD POSSIBLY SNOW ANY MORE!!!!!!! I have had snow and ice on the roads now for 2 weeks! The more it snows the more they put down sand. The more sand they put down, the more rock chips I'm gunna get! AARRRRGGGGG.

Sorry for the rant. Must be the start of cabin fever.

It's great to see all the new NW posts. Welcome to all the new guys! The March 1st dyno thing sounds like alot of fun. I've always had alot of fun at Mustangs NW events. Looking forward to meeting you guys WHEN THIS FARKING SNOW MELTS!!......... where's my meds...???

OK COULD POSSIBLY SNOW ANY MORE!!!!!!! I have had snow and ice on the roads now for 2 weeks! The more it snows the more they put down sand. The more sand they put down, the more rock chips I'm gunna get! AARRRRGGGGG.

Sorry for the rant. Must be the start of cabin fever.

It's great to see all the new NW posts. Welcome to all the new guys! The March 1st dyno thing sounds like alot of fun. I've always had alot of fun at Mustangs NW events. Looking forward to meeting you guys WHEN THIS FARKING SNOW MELTS!!......... where's my meds...???

Hello,

Do not apologize for the rant. I more than feel your pain. In the last three days we have received 18 inches of new snow. The total for the year is over 57 inches. I am a golfer not a skier. Some years we have played through out the winter. This weather in unusual even for Spokane. Schools and some businesses are closed. I share your primordial scream- double AARRRGGGGGG!! I miss my cars.

Denny in Snowtown, Wa.

I just ordered my BMR Anti Wheel Hop kit. Looking forward to "No Hopp" as you indicated. Did you install the kit or just the LCA's? Since the kit requires welding relocation brackets in will this hurt the value of my car?

Thanks for the offer to help with the installation but I have a shop that will take care of it for me. I have a bad back so need to hire others to do things like this.

Ron,

I just did the LCA's and that's it. I do not know about the welding question in regards to value. I do know that with my traction controll button off my tires now just spin. They used to hopp real bad. The LCA's alone fixed that for me. :happy feet:

Rob, do you still get wheel hop with traction control on? That's when I get it the worst.

I'm looking at doing the UCA as well as the LCAs, just to make sure I get the hop fixed before drag racing season opens in late March.

Lance,

The first week I got my car, I did a burn off. The car shook and I thought I broke something when I heard a big bang. It freaked me out. I came home and looked under the car. I found that nothing was wrong.

I read about all the hopping problems. I never did another burn off since that first one, due to it freaked me out and I was worried I would damage the car. I also read about the fact that you should have the TCS off when doing a burn off because the computer would be fighting you to get traction.

Flash to now. I have BMR LCA's, and have done 3 test burn offs. The first 2 were well thru 2nd gear. TCS off. No hopp at all. Just smooth spin.

I have not tried it with TCS on, and won't.

Rob, do you still get wheel hop with traction control on? That's when I get it the worst.

I'm looking at doing the UCA as well as the LCAs, just to make sure I get the hop fixed before drag racing season opens in late March.

I don't really know because I have never launched hard with the traction control on. I will try it if we ever have dry pavement in the NW again.

I don't really know because I have never launched hard with the traction control on. I will try it if we ever have dry pavement in the NW again.

Ron

I have launced hard with the TC both on and off, bone stock with street tires. Did it at Las Vegas Speedway earlier this month. When TC is on the car launches hard off the line hard with fair amount of wheel hop, but before you know it, the TC applies the brakes and the car bogs down for a second or so. I just don't think this can be good for drive train as a whole. :redcard:

Without TC off, there was excessive wheel spin off the line and through second, and the 1/4 mile time was worse. :banghead:

I would speculate the big bang Grabber refers to may be the drive line, and I think this is result of the TC appling brake. Others here may know more about this.

IMO, for everyday or road track performance driving the TC is fine and works well, but for drag racing, burn-outs, etc I would keep it off.

Keep the faith, there is sun in our future soon :headspin:

Rick

Archived