TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What, nobody from the NW?

Five Oh B

Jim, Ron, somebody? I know you guys are reading these forums. Why don't Northwesterners post much on any of the Mustang forums. We love our Mustangs as much - or more - than our counterparts across the rest of the nation.

Chime in, guys..............

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Five-Oh B,

You know I'm here. I check in at least twice a day. Once at 3:00 AM, then again at night when I get back from Seattle or Canada. But it would be great to hear from others that live the "Great Nortwest". I am just kinda shy and don't want to get envolved with some of the rumors and bickering. So I don't plug anything in, just kinda watch and learn. The Stangers in the NW should be all over this site being we have the largest gathering of Mustangs in the world at the Mustang Round-up in Bellvue. Also we have the largest Pony Trails cruise in the nation. So come on people, step up and say something. Let the rest of the site know we are here. If I can say something on a forum, anybody can.

Just saying hello from Oregon. Lots of Mustangs around here but I guess we're all a little shy. I've been enjoying the heck out of this site and look forward to reading posts from the NW. It woul be great to see how many 07's will be out on our roads. Maybe we can arrange some 07 Shelby gatherings. Look forward to talking. :burnout:

post-188-1148445598_thumb.jpgI took the Mustang pledge back in 1970, and pledged two more times after that. Sighting an '07 Shelby in a lush, green, Washington setting is my idea of paradise. Being behind the wheel would be even better!

But I'm in the "black hole" along with some others--those of us who placed deposits to have an option to buy, but who are still waiting for the dealership to decide how to proceed. In fact, I know little more than when I signed my check in March of '05 with the salesman's comment: probably $3,000-$5,000 over MSRP. The last time I talked with my salesman, he said, "Be ready with your ordering details, 'cause when the time comes, we need to get the orders in fast." When I asked how much, he paused, then replied perhaps $20,000 over MSRP. That was two months ago, and still the dealership is holding the orders.

I'm #3 on the list. This leaves me wondering if I should ask for my deposit back or sit tight for a while longer. Would it be fair to expect the dealership to keep me on the list if I can't afford the current price? Or should I give up, request a refund, and watch for a price reduction in a year or so?

post-188-1148445598_thumb.jpg

post-188-1148445598_thumb.jpgI took the Mustang pledge back in 1970, and pledged two more times after that. Sighting an '07 Shelby in a lush, green, Washington setting is my idea of paradise. Being behind the wheel would be even better!

But I'm in the "black hole" along with some others--those of us who placed deposits to have an option to buy, but who are still waiting for the dealership to decide how to proceed. In fact, I know little more than when I signed my check in March of '05 with the salesman's comment: probably $3,000-$5,000 over MSRP. The last time I talked with my salesman, he said, "Be ready with your ordering details, 'cause when the time comes, we need to get the orders in fast." When I asked how much, he paused, then replied perhaps $20,000 over MSRP. That was two months ago, and still the dealership is holding the orders.

I'm #3 on the list. This leaves me wondering if I should ask for my deposit back or sit tight for a while longer. Would it be fair to expect the dealership to keep me on the list if I can't afford the current price? Or should I give up, request a refund, and watch for a price reduction in a year or so?

Linda, wait for a firm price from the dealer before deciding whether to cancel your order. They should have firm MSRP from Ford on which to base their price by May 31st.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 24 2006, 09:46 AM) 14867[/snapback]

Linda, wait for a firm price from the dealer before deciding whether to cancel your order. They should have firm MSRP from Ford on which to base their price by May 31st.

Thanks for the tip, Five Oh B. You're right; I can wait for a while longer. Having hope is better than settling into a Vista Blue funk.

Do any of you Northwesterners have your DORA? What colors did you choose? I think those of you who already got your orders in at a reasonable price were BLESSED BY A HIGHER BEING OR JUST FLIPPIN' LUCKY! SOME OF YOU MUST BE ANTICIPATIN' UNLEASHIN' YOUR STANG RIGHT NOW!

• 2 weeks later...

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 24 2006, 09:46 AM) 14867[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Thanks for the tip, Five Oh B. You're right; I can wait for a while longer. Having hope is better than settling into a Vista Blue funk.

Do any of you Northwesterners have your DORA? What colors did you choose? I think those of you who already got your orders in at a reasonable price were BLESSED BY A HIGHER BEING OR JUST FLIPPIN' LUCKY! SOME OF YOU MUST BE ANTICIPATIN' UNLEASHIN' YOUR STANG RIGHT NOW!

Hi, Your post sounds alot like my Dealer. In March they told me to send them the information for order, because the order would have to be quick.I still do not know the status of the order. The only good thing is it is supposed to be MSRP. Come Monday I will ask them for my Order # or Dora and see what answer I get.

Hi, Your post sounds alot like my Dealer. In March they told me to send them the information for order, because the order would have to be quick.I still do not know the status of the order. The only good thing is it is supposed to be MSRP. Come Monday I will ask them for my Order # or Dora and see what answer I get.

My salesman finally contacted me tonight. He will place my order online tomorrow night while he has me on the phone. Then, if the order is authorized at a later time, he will call me with a quote.

Says I "may not be" #3 on the deposit list after all. Says I was #3 on the "internet deposit" list, which doesn't count those who placed deposits with salesmen. Now he says the dealership is comparing all the dates of deposit and will compile another list. He added that he has 12 potential buyers. So now I have $2500 on a deposit to be #3 on the list--and I'm not #3. He never mentioned that MSRP was in, either--just hinted that the markup would be substantial.

Five-oh, I may request a refund and make a trip up to Kent and see you about a Mustang GT instead.

Linda, sounds like some fancy footwork to push you further down the list.

Are there any dealers in WA state that are not asking for $10k+ markup?

I checked with four dealerships in the SW WA/NW OR area. Two of them didn't have any information and weren't taking deposits in March of 2005. A small dealership was only getting perhaps 1 or 2 Shelbys, and the owner had a claim on the first one. Said he'd call if the dealer could get a second car, and probably take the highest bidder. I put a deposit down to be in the pool to order at the fourth dealership, but you know the rest of the story. . . .

Ok I have been super busy and traveling too much.

I just now saw this post and yes I'm here in the great northwest (Seattle) and awaiting for my car to be allocated.

My dealer sent me an updated dora with the msrp pricing with all of the options it comes to $45,060

Brian I called but you were doing jury duty to ask what does this mean- "material hold contact region?"

Call me on my cell if you get a chance.

Thanks,

Ron

"material hold contact region?"

my order seems to be in the same status, what does it mean?

Hi, I am one the northwest group with a order# but have not seen the DORA. I am 4th on the list which put me as the 1st allocation car. Hope to hear this week how many car will come to the Dealership. They told me that they would do DORA at that time.

Another post from P North-wet:

I finally have an order in at small dealership who expects to only get one car; markup just to cover cost of gt500 cert at dealership. Order is not scheduled at this time. I can only hope it is available before the snow flies.

My search included most dealerships in Oregon, a few in Wa and Idaho.

Most dealers in Portland Or near me are asking around 20K over msrp. I was never higher than 10th on any of their waiting lists.

Dealer in Forest Grove called me last week to offer order slot at about $17K over.

Last I checked Ontario OR had one car at 10K over but that was at least a month ago.

Canby Ford in OR was ordering car on spec and will then probably auction it at dealership.

Dealer in nampa Idaho had my name on list but has never called back after a couple of conversations. That dealer planned to order car,but not sell it until delivered to showroom.

Wieser Idaho dealer wouldn't even commit to ordering a GT500 for a few months.

Hermiston Or dealer originally promised me a car but sales guy quit and dealer decided to buy car himself.

There still may be a car or two out there in out-of-way dealership at reasonable price, but otherwise dealer markup rules the market.

• 1 month later...

Just got my VIN and build date of 2nd week in August. Should be getting my Shelby about mid September I would think. After reading all of these people getting their VINS and then their Shelbys I was getting pretty depressed. I guess after September I will change my handle from CUGOTIT to CIGOTIT. Sorry I didn't make it to the Bellvue show, Brian, I had to work. I also can't go to the show in Kent, I have to go to Mexico. I am sure we will meet up in the future. I only know of one person that has a tattoo like yours and he is in our club. Good luck with your Shelbys everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my VIN and build date of 2nd week in August. Should be getting my Shelby about mid September I would think. After reading all of these people getting their VINS and then their Shelbys I was getting pretty depressed. I guess after September I will change my handle from CUGOTIT to CIGOTIT. Sorry I didn't make it to the Bellvue show, Brian, I had to work. I also can't go to the show in Kent, I have to go to Mexico. I am sure we will meet up in the future. I only know of one person that has a tattoo like yours and he is in our club. Good luck with your Shelbys everyone.

Sorry you missed out on Mexico, cugotit, but it was certainly nice meeting you at the Mustang Roundup in Kent yesterday! Even better, we both won trophies for our Mustangs! Give me a call, or email me in the coming week and I'll check BNSF railway again for you to see if your GT500 is headed westward.

Thanks Five-Oh B. That has to be one of the best shows that I have attended. Please extend my thanks to everyone at your dealership and the Pacific Cascade Mustang Club for all of their hard work. It was most enjoyable and interesting with the mix of other Ford products and Hot Rods. After spending so much time on the Shelby forums I felt that I already knew you. After meeting you and your wife I was right. It was really a pleasure to meet someone from a dealership that shares the same enthusiasum and passion for Mustangs and Shelbys as the customer does. I need a another favor from you. Could you please introduce Walter to the forum? It would be great if this guy posted pictures and comments of his Shelby. I don't think I have ever seen someone so excited about his new car, and think it would benefit most readers of this forum. Again, thank you very much and we will be coming back to your show next year!

• 4 months later...

Did you ever get your Shelby.

I picked mine up Monday the 18th of December.

2007 Shelby GT500, Ebony Convertable with Tungsten stripes.

Exceeded expectataions.

Have a total of 41 miles on it as of 12/22/06

Rasmussen from Medford, Oregon

Did you ever get your Shelby.

I picked mine up Monday the 18th of December.

2007 Shelby GT500, Ebony Convertable with Tungsten stripes.

Exceeded expectataions.

Have a total of 41 miles on it as of 12/22/06

Rasmussen from Medford, Oregon

Rasmussen,

Congrats. Can you start your own thread and post some photos of your car. We need your input on the forum. Glad to see you came back. Stay awhile this time ya hear. :shift:

Rasmussen,

Congrats. Can you start your own thread and post some photos of your car. We need your input on the forum. Glad to see you came back. Stay awhile this time ya hear. :shift:

Hi Grabber,

Do you know how many GT500 owners there are in the North West?

One of my friends got the first one in Medford on September 10, 2006.

I recieved my on December 18, 2006.

Another friend of mine should have his about June or July of 2007.

Rasmusssen

Hi Grabber,

Do you know how many GT500 owners there are in the North West?

One of my friends got the first one in Medford on September 10, 2006.

I recieved my on December 18, 2006.

Another friend of mine should have his about June or July of 2007.

Rasmusssen

have you seen the thread "Pacific NW GT500 owners - lets count them.

Some have posted there. I just brought it back up under new posts.

• 1 month later...

Archived