TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What, nobody from the NW?

Five Oh B

Hey Ron, nice choice Torche Red! Did you buy from Whidby Island Ford? I think I may have made an offer on that car shortly before you bought. It was on ebay for a week or so, and did not sell. The contact I made at Whidby Ford was with Zane of internet sales, they did not accept/respond quick enough :banghead: , and I ended up buying mine from Bickford Ford in Snohomish the first week of November. Vista Blue Coupe. :dreamy:

Wheel hop is an issue, many posts on various solutions found here, check them out using the search feature, but Grabbers got it right. I am holding out for a SS upgrade, so I am not planning any mods before.

I live in Lake Stevens east of Everett, nice to see other guys in the area. Grabber is the most famous WA resident on the forum, I see he has invited you to his meet and greet event in May, I need to clear my schedule yet, so I have not yet RSVP's but want to go. This will be a good chance to meet members from the PNW.

Good luck with your LCA, UCA mod. :superhero:

Also, be sure you don't miss the next team Shelby event at Las Vegas, hopefully there will be one this fall. It was simply the best time I have ever had at any motoring event.

Don't be a stranger. :headspin:

Rick M

I'm in Lake Stevens to, guess I missed this whole regional section. There is a little mustang event in Marysville on Saturday at Marysville Speed n' Custom. They are doing 20 dyno runs and the local SVT club will be there. Hoping to have my car together but it hasn't been cooperating.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in Lake Stevens to, guess I missed this whole regional section. There is a little mustang event in Marysville on Saturday at Marysville Speed n' Custom. They are doing 20 dyno runs and the local SVT club will be there. Hoping to have my car together but it hasn't been cooperating.

Really, I had herd there was a dyno somewhere in Marysville. Do they do this often? Would like to give it a try sometime, but my care is still bone stock. Already know what to expect in RWHP from other posts. This Sat I am headed over to our 2nd home in Wenatchee, been cold over there and need to make sure everything is in order, otherwise I would head over to watch. If this comes up again, please post in the PNW area, if nothing else it is a nice opportunity to meet other mustang guys from around here.

Take care.

Rick

Howdy,

Just bought GT-H #136 on Monday from Bickford Ford in Snohomish. They have had the car since last Spring and originally had the car listed for $60K. Needless to say I paid significantly less than that ($10K less than they paid for it).

Got hooked on the GT-H after renting one in Hawaii this past fall. Had to unload a couple a vehicles before I could add another. We also have a 99 Saleen S281 S/C Convertible (currently getting a total repaint in a local restoration shop).

We live between Snohomish and Lake Stevens. We have been very active in Mustangs Northwest and the Seattle SVTOA clubs for about 10 years.

Look forward to meeting more Shelby owners this spring and summer.

Jim

PS - The Dyno Day activity mentioned previously has been postponed due to snow being forcast for Saturday,

Howdy,

Just bought GT-H #136 on Monday from Bickford Ford in Snohomish. They have had the car since last Spring and originally had the car listed for $60K. Needless to say I paid significantly less than that ($10K less than they paid for it).

Got hooked on the GT-H after renting one in Hawaii this past fall. Had to unload a couple a vehicles before I could add another. We also have a 99 Saleen S281 S/C Convertible (currently getting a total repaint in a local restoration shop).

We live between Snohomish and Lake Stevens. We have been very active in Mustangs Northwest and the Seattle SVTOA clubs for about 10 years.

Jim

PS - The Dyno Day activity mentioned previously has been postponed due to snow being forcast for Saturday,

Hey Jim welcome. Is the the White SGT Coupe they had out front? Nice car, would like to have bought it myself, but could not justify 2 garage queens. Its great finding other members so close to home. Lets stay in touch and plan some day runs this spring. Since I bought my GT500 last November I did not put but 175mi on it until I hauled it to LasVegas for Shelby's 85th. It was a blast to finally get to drive more than 5 miles between rain storms. Maybe May we can all make the run South to Grabbers Meet & Great together. That would be cool.

Stay safe!

Rick Martin

Hey Jim, If you know, could you please post when this event is going to happen. I would really like to attend, if there is a spot, I would like to try the dyno, but if nothing else, just show up to watch and visit.

Thanks in advance! :headspin:

Rick

Hey Jim, If you know, could you please post when this event is going to happen. I would really like to attend, if there is a spot, I would like to try the dyno, but if nothing else, just show up to watch and visit.

Thanks in advance! :headspin:

Rick

They are planning on March 1st and once that is confirmed I will try to remember to post (it's heck getting old). I bought the Black/Gold GT-H with 9880 milkes. Drove it to work everyday this week! I guess when the rain comes back I'll leave it in the garage and drive my Harley Davidson F-150.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to do too much in May. Have two out of state trips planned. We are planning to head to Tri-Cities overMemorial Day for their annual show though.

Jim

They are planning on March 1st and once that is confirmed I will try to remember to post (it's heck getting old). I bought the Black/Gold GT-H with 9880 milkes. Drove it to work everyday this week! I guess when the rain comes back I'll leave it in the garage and drive my Harley Davidson F-150.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to do too much in May. Have two out of state trips planned. We are planning to head to Tri-Cities overMemorial Day for their annual show though.

Jim

I'll mark it on my calender and give them a call to see if it is on. I saw the GTH, great choice, nice week to drive , but did not get mine out. Oh well, spring is close. BTW, there are a couple of great car shows in Wenatchee in the summer, nice drive over HWy 2, nice little town. We normally spend Memorial weekend in Wenatchee, but a nice drive down river to the Tric-Cities on Sat may be fun. My in-laws live there.

Rick

I have plenty of room for you guys.

Grabber

Thanks, I am really going to try and make it. I will RSVP as soon as I know for sure. If all works out, maybe Ron & Jim can find time and we can have a cruise down.

Will let you know ASAP.

Rick

Grabber

Thanks, I am really going to try and make it. I will RSVP as soon as I know for sure. If all works out, maybe Ron & Jim can find time and we can have a cruise down.

Will let you know ASAP.

Rick

No big hurry. I plan on loading up on food at Costco and I get extra, so if it is last minute...that's fine. I just need about a week notice. We will have a feed, photo shoot, and visiting and then a drive. I am thinking about getting some live music too. You can come a little early and wash your car here too if you want. Others did that last year.

No big hurry. I plan on loading up on food at Costco and I get extra, so if it is last minute...that's fine. I just need about a week notice. We will have a feed, photo shoot, and visiting and then a drive. I am thinking about getting some live music too. You can come a little early and wash your car here too if you want. Others did that last year.

Thanks.. BTW, nice to see your car fixed and ready to go. After Vegas, you must have the itch to get out and drive it.

Hey Ron, nice choice Torche Red! Did you buy from Whidby Island Ford? I think I may have made an offer on that car shortly before you bought. It was on ebay for a week or so, and did not sell. The contact I made at Whidby Ford was with Zane of internet sales, they did not accept/respond quick enough :banghead: , and I ended up buying mine from Bickford Ford in Snohomish the first week of November. Vista Blue Coupe. :dreamy:

Wheel hop is an issue, many posts on various solutions found here, check them out using the search feature, but Grabbers got it right. I am holding out for a SS upgrade, so I am not planning any mods before.

I live in Lake Stevens east of Everett, nice to see other guys in the area. Grabber is the most famous WA resident on the forum, I see he has invited you to his meet and greet event in May, I need to clear my schedule yet, so I have not yet RSVP's but want to go. This will be a good chance to meet members from the PNW.

Good luck with your LCA, UCA mod. :superhero:

Also, be sure you don't miss the next team Shelby event at Las Vegas, hopefully there will be one this fall. It was simply the best time I have ever had at any motoring event.

Don't be a stranger. :headspin:

Rick M

Yes Rick, I did buy from Whidby Island Ford. They had that extra little sticker in the window looking for $20K over sticker. I was able to get a much better deal than that but still paid a premium.

If I can get the wheel hop fixed I will be fine with leaving it stock. However, SS 725 would have to be fun. :happy feet:

Lake Stevens is a really nice area but if you commute to Seattle it has to be a killer.

Thanks for the information

Thanks.. BTW, nice to see your car fixed and ready to go. After Vegas, you must have the itch to get out and drive it.

I took her out sunday. It was a blast! :shift:

Now I have the mod bug again. :) I ordered the Ford KR shifter from EVO. It is the Ford racing one that comes standard in the KR. :happy feet:

I also ordered a new car capsul for the long storage months next winter. It will help protect against moisture.

Ron,

I got rid of my wheel hop with a set of the BMR LCA's. Now my tires just spin. No Hopp. You can do a search and type in Wheel Hop and read up on everything. The Job is easy. I have a shop at my house and could help you put a set of BMR's LCA's if you are ever in Vancouver.

BTW.......I am having a party in May. You are invited. click here for details. Oh ya....welcome to Team Shelby.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...c=12545&hl=

Thanks for the information. If BMR LCA's fixed your wheel hopp it would have to fix mine as well??? I just love a sure thing. :happy feet:

The party sounds like fun. Thanks for the invitation. I will keep an eye on my calender to try to be in town.

Yes Rick, I did buy from Whidby Island Ford. They had that extra little sticker in the window looking for $20K over sticker. I was able to get a much better deal than that but still paid a premium.

If I can get the wheel hop fixed I will be fine with leaving it stock. However, SS 725 would have to be fun. :happy feet:

Lake Stevens is a really nice area but if you commute to Seattle it has to be a killer.

Thanks for the information

Good for you! They all seem to have the extra little sticker :finger: But aren't these cars great!

My office is in Mukilteo, but the Hwy 2 tressle sucks :banghead: , but what are you gonna do :headscratch: Go downtown no more than once a week, never during rush hour though so its not to bad.

Hope to meet you some time :snake:

Rick

I took her out sunday. It was a blast! :shift:

Now I have the mod bug again. :) I ordered the Ford KR shifter from EVO. It is the Ford racing one that comes standard in the KR. :happy feet:

I also ordered a new car capsul for the long storage months next winter. It will help protect against moisture.

Oh no, get out the check book, sign up for OT... that shifter should be cool, from what Ive read, much easier shifts, less missed, etc.

Does this mean we can we call you bubble boy! :hysterical2:

Rick

We too are from the NW and belong to Mustangs Northwest. There is not a lot of modern Shelby's in the club. Would love to see more Shelby owners in the club. We meet the 2nd Friday of the month @North Seattle Comm. College. Great bunch of people. Mustangs Northwest puts on the world's largest Mustang show, 1200-1400 cars at the Round-up in July. If you're a Mustang enthusiast, this is a show you have to see at least once, or every year for that matter. :happy feet: Hope to see you at one of our meetings or one of the shows.

Dave

We too are from the NW and belong to Mustangs Northwest. There is not a lot of modern Shelby's in the club. Would love to see more Shelby owners in the club. We meet the 2nd Friday of the month @North Seattle Comm. College. Great bunch of people. Mustangs Northwest puts on the world's largest Mustang show, 1200-1400 cars at the Round-up in July. If you're a Mustang enthusiast, this is a show you have to see at least once, or every year for that matter. :happy feet: Hope to see you at one of our meetings or one of the shows.

Dave

Thanks Dave... web site linky?

Really, I had herd there was a dyno somewhere in Marysville. Do they do this often? Would like to give it a try sometime, but my care is still bone stock. Already know what to expect in RWHP from other posts. This Sat I am headed over to our 2nd home in Wenatchee, been cold over there and need to make sure everything is in order, otherwise I would head over to watch. If this comes up again, please post in the PNW area, if nothing else it is a nice opportunity to meet other mustang guys from around here.

Take care.

Rick

They will do your car anytime, I think they like saturdays best for some reason. I had mine done there a couple of weeks ago, I think they get $85.00 for a run.

Howdy,

Jim

Oh no kidding, thanks for the info.

Be fun to get together and make a Winthrop run across the Cascades this spring. Great run on bikes should be fun in a Shelby to. I'm totally planning on joining Mustangs Northwest but haven't gotten around to it yet.

My user name is Spokane Shelby. I have been reading the forums for the last three months. I registered today, Friday, January 24. I would appreciate a contact from folks in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I am unfamiliar with posting. I have a 2007 Vista Blue GT 500.

Welcome to the site. What part of WA do you live in. I am in Battleground, by Vancouver. 5 miles off I-5.

Rob

My user name is Spokane Shelby. I have been reading the forums for the last three months. I registered today, Friday, January 24. I would appreciate a contact from folks in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I am unfamiliar with posting. I have a 2007 Vista Blue GT 500.

I'm from Missoula, just a couple hundred miles away. Maybe we'll see each other cruising down

I-90 sometime! We have a red & white '07 GT500. I love the Vista Blue however!

Welcome aboard!

Owen

Welcome Spokane Shelby... can I assume you are located in Spokane? Posting is easy to get the hang of, of course I am no where close to the magnificent Grabber. :hysterical: Grabber has a sticky somewhere on how to use photobucket for posting of pics and video's, check it out by using the search function.

Don't be a stranger, stay intouch.

RM

Welcome to the site. What part of WA do you live in. I am in Battleground, by Vancouver. 5 miles off I-5.

Rob

Hello Rob,

I recognize your user name. Thanks for replying. We live on the cold and snowy side of our great state - Spokane. Today it is sunny and a high of 26. Very pretty. My wife and I are very involved in Mustangs. We have attended the Mustang Roundup three times. What a great time. Our club, Inland Empire Mustang Club, usually brings over eight to ten cars. We are planning on being there this summer. I would appreciate any and all news and information about the Shelby. Thanks.

Denny

I'm from Missoula, just a couple hundred miles away. Maybe we'll see each other cruising down

I-90 sometime! We have a red & white '07 GT500. I love the Vista Blue however!

Welcome aboard!

Owen

Thanks for the reply. We attended an International Mustang meet in Missoula. I would love to attend a get together of Shelby owners this spring or summer. We live on the same street, I-90.

Archived