TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What, nobody from the NW?

Five Oh B

We would like to invite the Great NW guys down (or up) to our M.A.D weekend. Mustang Appreciation Days. It will be on May 19th and 20th (weather permitting of course) from 9:30 AM till 5:30 PM on both days. Free dyno time, lunch, free raffle etc. Some additonal information can be found here: http://home.fastspecialties.com/

We look forward to seeing you, and please pass the word.

Ron

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum. I have been reading them for about a year now but just never posted anything until now.

The bad thing about the Shelby is, the more you read about it, the more you want one! I've had 3 'stangs over the years. 70 Mach 1, 87 GT 'vert, and a 96 Cobra. (children get in the way of toys)

Yesterday I started making a few calls about a GT500 and pricing. I knew it was going to be painful but I had no idea it was "night in prison" painful!! :stop:

Any ideas from the locals?? Dealers? What sort of ADM you all paid?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum. I have been reading them for about a year now but just never posted anything until now.

The bad thing about the Shelby is, the more you read about it, the more you want one! I've had 3 'stangs over the years. 70 Mach 1, 87 GT 'vert, and a 96 Cobra. (children get in the way of toys)

Yesterday I started making a few calls about a GT500 and pricing. I knew it was going to be painful but I had no idea it was "night in prison" painful!! :stop:

Any ideas from the locals?? Dealers? What sort of ADM you all paid?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum BryGuy. Be sure to read the FAQs in the Arrivals area.

I'm sure you'll get opinions all over the board about how to buy, and the ADM range is huge. I know a few people who have paid $15k ADM, and I know a few that have paid zero ADM. The ones I know of who paid zero were either friends of a dealer or got in the game very early before some of the dealers were aware of the market for the car.

Good luck.

Dave

Welcome to the forum BryGuy. Be sure to read the FAQs in the Arrivals area.

I'm sure you'll get opinions all over the board about how to buy, and the ADM range is huge. I know a few people who have paid $15k ADM, and I know a few that have paid zero ADM. The ones I know of who paid zero were either friends of a dealer or got in the game very early before some of the dealers were aware of the market for the car.

Good luck.

Dave

I'll read the FAQ's tonight. Thanks for the tip.

• 4 months later...

OK Im here ! Did not know there was such a animal. Glad I found it. I will be checking it every day or so. I do not think to many people know about this site. This would be my first post here. GO HAWKS

• 3 weeks later...

Well its about time someone added something to the NW thread!!

Welcome Blown!

I know there is growing number of Shelby owners around here. It would be great to have some sort of get together in the future. My father is a viper club member and those guys get together all the time for misc. stuff like track time, dyno pulls, gold chain and medallion appraisals, and general snobbery. lol

Bryan

Guys,

This Spring I will be hosting the 2nd annual NW Meet & Greet. I wiil be adding live music to the event this year too. Last spring was a great time. We barb-B-Q'd hung out, and then went on a ride. I have a 1/2 acre field on the side of my shop to park all the cars and hang out. I will be starting a thread about the event 2 months in advance and getting a head count. Here's last Springs photo.

GroupphotoMeetGreet5-26-06.jpg

So when they come to play are they not allowed to bring their pets?

In what month is this event?

Is there a Mustang rental near by? :happy feet:

Do I need to learn the NW slang...you knoooooow?

:hysterical:

You won't need a car if you come. I have work for you to do Mr. Techy boy.

As for the date, I need to check the farmers almanac for the weather. I did it in May last time.

Are you makin fun of my talkin ?

For all you NW people, a few of the shows we went to this year. I had posted this a few weeks ago, when all of the posts had been deleted(site malfunction).

First show: Mustangs on the Waterfront, Port Orchard, WA

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/Kc4WZ2mu

Second show: Ponies in the Park, Lacey, WA

http://207.108.217.210/ufury/shows/Sep23-07/Sep23-07.htm

Third show: Bowen-Scarff all Ford and Mustang show, Kent, WA(Workplace of FiveOhB, Brian) :happy feet:

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/iB7AG7hi

Enjoy,

Dave

Count me in Grabber! You are Vancouver right?

Actually for you it is a little closer than Vancouver. I am in Battleground, which is the Clark County fairgrounds exit. 5 miles off the freeway. A straight shot, easy to find.

Vancouver is another 10 minutes down the freeway.

1) where's the nearest hotel to you?

2) will I get picked up by a GO GT500 limo at the airport?

Joe,

The town of Battleground is small, and growing. We just had our first Best Western Hotel built this summer. It is about 3 miles from my house, and yes the GO Limo would pick up at PDX.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey from British Columbia!

Making a transition from residing in Portland - moving up to be with my new wife in British Columbia. I've driven my 07 SGT back and forth (Portland - Vancouver) since February 07.

I have not seen another Shelby on I5 over this time frame?

Where is everyone in the NW?

I've been a contributor to the Shelbyautos.com website (forum) under the SGT class. I look forward to my new membership to Team Shelby.

Todd in BC

Shelby019.jpg

100_3128.jpg

I'll be looking out for ya Grabber!

Purchased my 07 SGT from Dick Hannah Ford in Portland back in February. While not the hp of your SGT500, I sure love my SGT!

I pretty much live up in the Vancouver, BC area now - just waiting confirmation on my permanenet residency paperwork to officially become a Canuck.

I still have a small graphic design studio in Portland and a sign manufacturing company in Vancouver. So its back and forth about every two weeks or so.

I have season tickets for the Blazers (have to watch tonights game against Detroit from up in BC - at least it will be on TV!) and I give my Dad my tickets when I'm not in P-town.

I'll keep my eye out when I'm cruisin the "5" when I go through LaCenter/Ridgefield, etc!

• 2 months later...
Jim, Ron, somebody? I know you guys are reading these forums. Why don't Northwesterners post much on any of the Mustang forums. We love our Mustangs as much - or more - than our counterparts across the rest of the nation.

Chime in, guys..............

Ok, I am brand new to Shelby Mustangs. I purchased my car off the show room floor at Oak Harbor Ford during Thanksgiving weekend of 2007.

I live in Kent, Washington. I grew up on Chevys but was converted to MoPar in 1998 during my 50th year of life and still have the 1968 Dodge Charger RT 440 that I purchased in 1998. When it was time to purchase a new toy it was between the Dodge Charger SRT 8 or wait for the Dodge Challenger SRT8. I was on the Island Thanksgiving weekend and took a look at the inventory at the Dodge Dealer in Oak Harbor. The Ford dealer is across the street and had my Torch Red GT 500 in their show room. I decided to just take a look and after being talked into a test drive it was no contest. I had to drive it home. Except for the wheel hop I love it.

Has anyone local installed or had installed a fix for the wheel hop that worked? I am very interested in getting that fixed but I want to know that whatever I do will fix the problem. I don't mind spending a few bucks but I want some bang for the money.

Anyway, I hope to meet some of you and learn as much as I can.

Ron,

I got rid of my wheel hop with a set of the BMR LCA's. Now my tires just spin. No Hopp. You can do a search and type in Wheel Hop and read up on everything. The Job is easy. I have a shop at my house and could help you put a set of BMR's LCA's if you are ever in Vancouver.

BTW.......I am having a party in May. You are invited. click here for details. Oh ya....welcome to Team Shelby.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...c=12545&hl=

I purchased my car off the show room floor at Oak Harbor Ford during Thanksgiving weekend of 2007.

Hey Ron, nice choice Torche Red! Did you buy from Whidby Island Ford? I think I may have made an offer on that car shortly before you bought. It was on ebay for a week or so, and did not sell. The contact I made at Whidby Ford was with Zane of internet sales, they did not accept/respond quick enough :banghead: , and I ended up buying mine from Bickford Ford in Snohomish the first week of November. Vista Blue Coupe. :dreamy:

Wheel hop is an issue, many posts on various solutions found here, check them out using the search feature, but Grabbers got it right. I am holding out for a SS upgrade, so I am not planning any mods before.

I live in Lake Stevens east of Everett, nice to see other guys in the area. Grabber is the most famous WA resident on the forum, I see he has invited you to his meet and greet event in May, I need to clear my schedule yet, so I have not yet RSVP's but want to go. This will be a good chance to meet members from the PNW.

Good luck with your LCA, UCA mod. :superhero:

Also, be sure you don't miss the next team Shelby event at Las Vegas, hopefully there will be one this fall. It was simply the best time I have ever had at any motoring event.

Don't be a stranger. :headspin:

Rick M

Archived