TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEED YOUR HELP, IT WILL HELP ALL OF US!

69dejavue

I have contacted every front end cover listed on the internet and no one will make a front end cover for a Shelby GT. They make bras for the Mustang and the Shelby GT 500, but not the SGT. There are far more SGTs than 500s yet the companies do not feel we take good enough care of our vehicles to warrant production. if everyone would just send an email to : www.colgancustom.com and www.carbras.com then hopefully we can generate interest. I know Shelby owners want to protect their vehicles and even if you do not want a front end cover now you may someday. I would appreciate your assistance! Stangs Unleashed should unleash its buying power!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have contacted every front end cover listed on the internet and no one will make a front end cover for a Shelby GT. They make bras for the Mustang and the Shelby GT 500, but not the SGT. There are far more SGTs than 500s yet the companies do not feel we take good enough care of our vehicles to warrant production. if everyone would just send an email to : www.colgancustom.com and www.carbras.com then hopefully we can generate interest. I know Shelby owners want to protect their vehicles and even if you do not want a front end cover now you may someday. I would appreciate your assistance! Stangs Unleashed should unleash its buying power!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same front end as a California Special I believe.

Same front end as a California Special I believe.

SGT500, it is the same but apparently no one makes a cover for the California Special either. Do me a favor, and everyone else, and take 60 seconds to email these companies. If we generate intrest we can obtain more products we need for the future. I would think SAI would jump on the bandwagon and have a cover made under their name but there has been no response from SAI. I did send an email to Ms. Boylan about a week ago with the suggestion but have not received a reply. Would appreciate your help!

They actually told you that you don't take good enough care of your car?

No Dave, but that is the implication. They make bras for Corvettes, Acuras, Mercedes, Lexus, and a lot of other non-descript cars but not the SGT. As you know most of us are fanatics, almost anal, on the care of our vehicles. They said they would make covers if there was a demand. All we have to do is show there is a demand. If people from this web site start inquiring that will generate the product. We don't have to commit to buy, just show there is an intrest. Thank you, and hope you will take time to send both a quick email.

No Dave, but that is the implication. They make bras for Corvettes, Acuras, Mercedes, Lexus, and a lot of other non-descript cars but not the SGT. As you know most of us are fanatics, almost anal, on the care of our vehicles. They said they would make covers if there was a demand. All we have to do is show there is a demand. If people from this web site start inquiring that will generate the product. We don't have to commit to buy, just show there is an intrest. Thank you, and hope you will take time to send both a quick email.

I guess I don't see that implication. It's a business decision...they only want to produce products for cars where there is demand. I agree with you that if people show support, they may start making them. I don't want a bra, so I'll pass.

SGT500, it is the same but apparently no one makes a cover for the California Special either. Do me a favor, and everyone else, and take 60 seconds to email these companies. If we generate intrest we can obtain more products we need for the future. I would think SAI would jump on the bandwagon and have a cover made under their name but there has been no response from SAI. I did send an email to Ms. Boylan about a week ago with the suggestion but have not received a reply. Would appreciate your help!

I have emailed and posted questions about other parts for our cars, and I never get a response...even vendors on this site...hint hint....

I have emailed and posted questions about other parts for our cars, and I never get a response...even vendors on this site...hint hint....

Thank you, and I have noticed the same. I think Shelby owners and Stangs Unleashed are a tremendous untapped potential to move issues in the market. If we unite and help each other. Again, thank you for you email to the two companies!

I guess I don't see that implication. It's a business decision...they only want to produce products for cars where there is demand. I agree with you that if people show support, they may start making them. I don't want a bra, so I'll pass.

I respect your right to not need a front end cover at this time but would hope you would help all the Shelby owners out there by at least emailing an inquiry about the cover. IT certainly will not cost you anything but your time.

Thank you

There are far more SGTs than 500s

Not quite!

10,844 GT500's for 07 plus 8,000 more for 08 plus 1,000 KR's = 19,844 GT500's

6,000 SGT's for 07 plus 2,200 for 08 = 8,200 SGT's

I'd say the SGT's fall just a little short

I think some Simply Aftermarket Industries only want to make big chunks of money at a time, and could care less about making a couple hundred at a time. :ohsnap:

There is approximately 6,000 SGTs for 2007, and thousands of Mustangs with the CS option. In addition there will be at least 2,000 more within 6-9 months. That is a minimum of 10,000 models that could use this. I agree with you that the least SAI could do is have one made to their specs, put their name on it, and sell. I raised the issue to Ms. Boylan for SAI to sell a cover or at least use their influence to have a company make a cover. I did not receive a response.

PS- if that is a picture of your 500 congratulations. It is beautiful. I wish I could have afforded the 500. The only thing that stopped me was the price! Beautiful!!!!!

Since you have an SGT I don't know if you are aware that these are out yet, but I just picked these up off ebay today. 1:18 scale diecast.

Dsc00020.jpg

Dsc00011.jpg

I respect your right to not need a front end cover at this time but would hope you would help all the Shelby owners out there by at least emailing an inquiry about the cover. IT certainly will not cost you anything but your time.

Thank you

I'm sorry, but I won't do that. It doesn't make any sense. If 1,000 of us email them and say we're interested, and they start making them and then only 100 people buy them...then we've just lied and created a false sense of demand.

Now if you'd like, I can email them and say something like...

"I'm not interested in buying one of your car bras, but I do know of one person who wants one, and he wanted me to email you about it because he thought if we did this you might start making them."

• 1 month later...
I'm sorry, but I won't do that. It doesn't make any sense. If 1,000 of us email them and say we're interested, and they start making them and then only 100 people buy them...then we've just lied and created a false sense of demand.

Now if you'd like, I can email them and say something like...

"I'm not interested in buying one of your car bras, but I do know of one person who wants one, and he wanted me to email you about it because he thought if we did this you might start making them."

________________________________________________________________________________

______

This is way easier than we're making it out to be.

No verbal guarantees, false statements or anticiapted quotas necessary.

I emailed Colgan and they said they'd be happy to make us California Special owners a bra for our cars. Actually, they can't wait and want to start making them ASAP! In fact, they have a pattern ready to go and only need an actual California Special to test it on. They will make our unique bra in black, carbon fiber, yellow, sliver and white (last three colors were designed to enhance cars with racing stripes). So, who out there lives in the vacinity of Irvine California and wouldn't mind making an appointment to have their car test fitted by Colgan? You'd be doing us all a HUGE favor as they'd start making the GT/CS car bras ASAP. They just need a test car. Let me know so I can get someone who has a car in the area in touch with them for an appointment. I am not an expert here (I just own a GT/CS) but if they are truly the same front end as an SGT - then I need someone with one or the other to take their car in to be a test model. Let me know so we can get these produced and on our cars before any more rocks hit my bumper/hood.

Thanks

________________________________________________________________________________

______

This is way easier than we're making it out to be.

No verbal guarantees, false statements or anticiapted quotas necessary.

I emailed Colgan and they said they'd be happy to make us California Special owners a bra for our cars. Actually, they can't wait and want to start making them ASAP! In fact, they have a pattern ready to go and only need an actual California Special to test it on. They will make our unique bra in black, carbon fiber, yellow, sliver and white (last three colors were designed to enhance cars with racing stripes). So, who out there lives in the vacinity of Irvine California and wouldn't mind making an appointment to have their car test fitted by Colgan? You'd be doing us all a HUGE favor as they'd start making the GT/CS car bras ASAP. They just need a test car. Let me know so I can get someone who has a car in the area in touch with them for an appointment. I am not an expert here (I just own a GT/CS) but if they are truly the same front end as an SGT - then I need someone with one or the other to take their car in to be a test model. Let me know so we can get these produced and on our cars before any more rocks hit my bumper/hood.

Thanks

They made a cover based on my SGT. The only difference with the Calif Special is probably the hood locks but they want to make sure. No need to send another SGT but they do want a CS and it shouldn't take very long to see if the cover is the same.

Archived