TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Convertible

SAI said it will be the same unless the SC will be different. This still makes no sense to me. The 725 will have manifold back exhaust vs. cat back exhaust. It will also have additional stripping and rear window louvers. The vert will only have the light bar. I would still like an explanation to why the vert can only be 600 hp? Structural or liability. I would like to see both have the same SC and manifold back regardless of where the HP comes out and let us make our own decisions on tuning for HP.

Amy, please explain why the verts can only be 600 please.

• 2 weeks later...
SAI said it will be the same unless the SC will be different. This still makes no sense to me. The 725 will have manifold back exhaust vs. cat back exhaust. It will also have additional stripping and rear window louvers. The vert will only have the light bar. I would still like an explanation to why the vert can only be 600 hp? Structural or liability. I would like to see both have the same SC and manifold back regardless of where the HP comes out and let us make our own decisions on tuning for HP.

Amy, please explain why the verts can only be 600 please.

Chassis twist. With no roof, the chassis is more flexible. So it's structural. "Only" 600 HP :hysterical::hysterical2: Sorry, first time I heard THAT one!!! :hysterical:

And the light bar won't add enough rigidity to the frame...

Crispy,

I was trying to distinguish between the two options, not that 600HP is not enough. As far as the structural "twist" being the issue, some verts are well past that HP rating at the wheels.

Yeah, I know, Coopers. Just trying to be funny! Yes, some 'verts are past 600. Doesn't mean they will keep their integrity (structural) in 5 years. What someone does at home (or a mod shop) does not mean that it will be durable or safe for the long run, it just means that someone did it, and the future is uncertain as for safety & integrity.

600 HP is what Shelby Autos determined the max for these parameters. Hope this helps.

~Chris

Yeah, I know, Coopers. Just trying to be funny! Yes, some 'verts are past 600. Doesn't mean they will keep their integrity (structural) in 5 years. What someone does at home (or a mod shop) does not mean that it will be durable or safe for the long run, it just means that someone did it, and the future is uncertain as for safety & integrity.

600 HP is what Shelby Autos determined the max for these parameters. Hope this helps.

~Chris

My vert has the stage 2 evo package and yesterday giving a friend a ride I shifted to 2nd gear and the car hooked (usually just spins the tires quite a bit) and the passenger door made a nasty clunking sound. It was closed all the way, freaked my friend out but he was impressed with the power! I was considering going to a k-b on the vert but think I will just stick to installing one on my coupe. I had body flex problems on my other verts with high hp and the Shelby does to an extent too. I feel in my opinion without some type of structural upgrade (frame connectors or cage) more than 600 hp will eventually take its toll on the chassis. You can run more than 600 but if you hook you will know it!

My vert has the stage 2 evo package and yesterday giving a friend a ride I shifted to 2nd gear and the car hooked (usually just spins the tires quite a bit) and the passenger door made a nasty clunking sound. It was closed all the way, freaked my friend out but he was impressed with the power! I was considering going to a k-b on the vert but think I will just stick to installing one on my coupe. I had body flex problems on my other verts with high hp and the Shelby does to an extent too. I feel in my opinion without some type of structural upgrade (frame connectors or cage) more than 600 hp will eventually take its toll on the chassis. You can run more than 600 but if you hook you will know it!

YUP! :yup:

Frame connectors are not enough, a full-on roll bar would do it. Sub-frame connevtors don't hold enough of the chassis together. It's good to hear feedback from someone who has done it. Thanks!

Archived