TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Joe G's Pizza Place

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys are all off your rockers. whole tomato pieces on pizza? that's a big red card. :redcard:

You've just lived with that imitation stuff for too long to know any better.

Like a blind mouse who has never seen the light.

Let us show you Dave. Come out of your cave and see the light.

Nobody likes Sun-Dried Tomatoes, or What? :finger:

In Italy, sun-drying tomatoes is a way to extend their useful life when the harvest comes in and you can't use them all fresh or can them all. I love sun-dried -- concentrates the flavors so nice :happy feet:

There alsoa commercial brand of fire-roasted tomatoes (canned: Muir Glenn) that's really good (for canned). They also can 'em with hot chiles :happy feet: Sometimes adding a can of them in to the ol' pasta-sauce recipe adds some southern-Italian 'warmth' ;-)

And there's also the classic SanMarzano tomatoes (vsarious brands canned) that used to be available year-round but now they're harder to find except around the holidays. San Marzano tomatoes (a genetic type grown in the SanMarzano valley, It.) only have two seed-pockets like romas. Most round tomatos have 5-7 seed pockets. So SanMarzanos are prized not only for their flavor but because they're very easy to de-seed :happy feet: Goos stuff! ;-)

I don't have a garden here, but at the old house I used to grow all kinds of veggies, including a few tomato varieties (big-boy beefsteaks, romas and san marzanos, when possible). There's nothing like the flavor of homegrown tomatos -- and basil, Italian peppers, ... sinfully good ;-)

In Italy, sun-drying tomatoes is a way to extend their useful life when the harvest comes in and you can't use them all fresh or can them all. I love sun-dried -- concentrates the flavors so nice :happy feet:

There alsoa commercial brand of fire-roasted tomatoes (canned: Muir Glenn) that's really good (for canned). They also can 'em with hot chiles :happy feet: Sometimes adding a can of them in to the ol' pasta-sauce recipe adds some southern-Italian 'warmth' ;-)

And there's also the classic SanMarzano tomatoes (vsarious brands canned) that used to be available year-round but now they're harder to find except around the holidays. San Marzano tomatoes (a genetic type grown in the SanMarzano valley, It.) only have two seed-pockets like romas. Most round tomatos have 5-7 seed pockets. So SanMarzanos are prized not only for their flavor but because they're very easy to de-seed :happy feet: Goos stuff! ;-)

I don't have a garden here, but at the old house I used to grow all kinds of veggies, including a few tomato varieties (big-boy beefsteaks, romas and san marzanos, when possible). There's nothing like the flavor of homegrown tomatos -- and basil, Italian peppers, ... sinfully good ;-)

Perfect.... another great tomato, know in America as "bulls hearts" are amazing! Close to a Roma, much larger, very meaty! Good for salads as they are firm, flavorful, and do not break down easy when you put the olive oil and balsamic on!

Perfect.... another great tomato, know in America as "bulls hearts" are amazing! Close to a Roma, much larger, very meaty! Good for salads as they are firm, flavorful, and do not break down easy when you put the olive oil and balsamic on!

Also good toasted with olive oil garlic S&P and used as a garnish on pan seared salmon fillet :happy feet:

I know nothing about tomatos. I thought my wife was having affairs when she said she was "going out back with my early girls, better boys, and beefsteaks".

Beefsteaks? :ohsnap::redcard:

can you really even get a pizza here anymore? :hysterical2:

:rant:

Joe G's Pizza will always serve the finest the finest pie as well as other cultural delights.

For example, this month we're even featuring the culinary stylings of Whoville. The Grinch doesn't pay very well, and never tips his waitress, but we stocked up on lots of Who-hash and Roast Beast just for him.

And those are just the ones she tells you about! :o

:ohsnap:

I think that's a personal attack. :redcard:

Personal attack

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Personal attacks)

Jump to: navigation, search

For the Wikipedia official policy, see: Wikipedia:No personal attacks.

Generally, a personal attack is committed when a person substitutes abusive remarks for evidence when examining another person's claims or comments. It is considered a personal attack when a person starts referencing a supposed flaw or weakness in an individual's personality, beliefs, lifestyle, convictions or principles, and use it as a debate tactic or as a means of avoiding discussion of the relevance or truthfulness the person's statement. It works on the reasoning that, by discrediting the source of a logical argument, namely the person making it, the argument itself can be weakened.

This line of "reasoning" is fallacious because the attack is directed at the person making the claim and not the claim itself. The truth value of a claim is independent of the person making the claim. No matter how morally repugnant a person might be, he or she can still make true claims. For example, a defense attorney may claim that a witness' testimony cannot be trusted because he is a convicted felon. On the other hand, illuminating real character flaws and inconsistencies in the position of an opponent are a vital part of the public political process and of the adversarial judicial process. Use of a personal attack in a logical argument constitutes a formal fallacy called ad hominem, a term that comes from a Latin phrase meaning "toward the man".

This law-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

Hominem? Is that a food that looks like corn? A song you sing in church? A person who likes those of the same gender?

:hysterical:

Your personality sucks, your beliefs suck, your lifestyle sucks, your convictions suck, I'm not avioding any issue and am telling the truth...(not sure what repugnant is, sounds like a dog that got hit by a garbage truck)...and you're a Hominen.

Is that what you are trying to say?

:hysterical2:

Back away from the weedwhacker. :hysterical:

Your personality sucks, your beliefs suck, your lifestyle sucks, your convictions suck, I'm not avioding any issue and am telling the truth...(not sure what repugnant is, sounds like a dog that got hit by a garbage truck)...and you're a Hominen.

Is that what you are trying to say?

:hysterical2:

That about describes me.

Good to know ya Snoop.

Archived