TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Joe G's Pizza Place

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure who's more excited... Ruf or me??? :beerchug:

ShelbyDude even set me up with bunch of info on the car... could be something special about it! More to come after the deal is completed - don't want to screw anything up.

Ruf Rocks!! :banvictory:

I'm not sure who's more excited... Ruf or me??? :beerchug:

ShelbyDude even set me up with bunch of info on the car... could be something special about it! More to come after the deal is completed - don't want to screw anything up.

Ruf Rocks!! :banvictory:

Joe, I am excited too. You are going to love this car. :happy feet:

Joe - that's great news and cool that Ruf helped you find it!! I couldn't find Ruf's post but do tell more about your new ride? I gather it's a black GT500 vert? You are going like this car and the vert just adds another great side to this awesome beast...great cruising in the evenings with the top down...chicks dig it :yup::yup:

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: kudos!!

Good going Joe! The people on here are special! Always willing to help. Don't even think about not picking the car up in person and driving it home. Your stomach will be doing flips like going down a roller coaster the whole way-what a rush!

Mark aka 500HP

Joe - that's great news and cool that Ruf helped you find it!! I couldn't find Ruf's post but do tell more about your new ride? I gather it's a black GT500 vert? You are going like this car and the vert just adds another great side to this awesome beast...great cruising in the evenings with the top down...chicks dig it :yup::yup:

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: kudos!!

Thanks HotLap. It's funny... I'd been looking for a coupe all along - hadn't even thought of a vert until the day before when Mrs. G said, "you're not going to drive this car in the winter, right, so why not get a vert so we can REALLY enjoy driving it in the summer!" Plus, with the extra the vert's cost, then you add a ADM, I wasn't comfortable paying that kind of $$. So, by buying the vert at MSRP, it was really a no-lose situation. Gotta keep the women happy, you know.

Here's Ruf's Garage thread...

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...mp;#entry207294

It's a pretty neat story. Start at post #5677 - I had just come inside from working in the yard most of the day when, for some reason, I logged on to SU and got the PM that Ruf had sent. If I hadn't of done that, right then, I would have missed the deal.

Karma baby - she's a weird chick!

It's gonna be tough watching the Shelby sit in the garage in the winter!! Time for Zaino!!

Guess that means I'll need to put on a few miles before the snow hits.

Zaino?? I'm not sure I have enough extra time on my hands for the 50 steps necessary! :boring:

Guess that means I'll need to put on a few miles before the snow hits.

Zaino?? I'm not sure I have enough extra time on my hands for the 50 steps necessary! :boring:

Yes drive it, drive it, drive it. Winter in the Twin Cities, you have time for 100's of steps and it will shine, shine, shine.

Joe will arrive at the dealership in the Rufstang (with Ms. G).

He'll see his car out front - detailed.

Several salespeople will be standing around it.

He'll get out of my car. The sales rep will recognize us and walk over.

A set of keys will be dangling in his right hand. He'll be smiling and wearing cheap shoes.

After shaking Joe's hand - keys will be exchanged.

Joe will open the door - and climb into the driver's seat.

The smell is of leather and newness.

Those who have been standing nearby will draw closer. They want to hear the car come to life.

Just before Joe inserts the key and fires the engine - he pauses. He remembers how long he's waited for this car. Back home in Minneapolis, a restored Mustang waits for a stablemate. It's been a long wait.

He reaches up - unlatches the roof - and lowers the top.

When the top is secured - he twists the key.

His left leg muscles tense as the 500 hp engine crackles and whines to life.

When the engine burbles down to a restrained idle - he blips the throttle.

The whine of the blower brings smiles to those around the car.

It's going to be a ride home - to remember.

by Ruf -

Joe will arrive at the dealership in the Rufstang (with Ms. G).

He'll see his car out front - detailed.

Several salespeople will be standing around it.

He'll get out of my car. The sales rep will recognize us and walk over.

A set of keys will be dangling in his right hand. He'll be smiling and wearing cheap shoes.

After shaking Joe's hand - keys will be exchanged.

Joe will open the door - and climb into the driver's seat.

The smell is of leather and newness.

Those who have been standing nearby will draw closer. They want to hear the car come to life.

Just before Joe inserts the key and fires the engine - he pauses. He remembers how long he's waited for this car. Back home in Minneapolis, a restored Mustang waits for a stablemate. It's been a long wait.

He reaches up - unlatches the roof - and lowers the top.

When the top is secured - he twists the key.

His left leg muscles tense as the 500 hp engine crackles and whines to life.

When the engine burbles down to a restrained idle - he blips the throttle.

The whine of the blower brings smiles to those around the car.

It's going to be a ride home - to remember.

by Ruf -

Thanks! Now I have to go out and take a moonlight drive! :superhero:

Archived