TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Joe G's Pizza Place

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're good.

Company Christmas party tonight...

My folks have the kids so... :dreamy::wub::poke::rockon: :happy feet: :petting::boring:

:hysterical2:

How was the party Joe? What kind of food did you have?

We went to ours Fri. night. It was fun.

Say Hello to Deb for me.

How was the party Joe? What kind of food did you have?

We went to ours Fri. night. It was fun.

Say Hello to Deb for me.

Good time. This was just a small office party at the house of a co-worker. Maybe 15 couples total.

Good buffet catered from a little Italian restaurant.

Deb says, "Hi Rob!"

Joe,

Led Zepplin played a concert in Londen tonight. 1st one since 1980 when John Bonam died.

I just read about it. Memories.....Wow.

Here's the link to the info on the show. I wish they would tour. :cry: I would go to see them.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?ne...82&GT1=7702

My favorite pizza is hand-tossed crust with sauce spread all the way out to the edge (ask for extra sauce), pepperoni, yellow banana peppers, and a bit of sprinkled basil. mmmmm

Goes great with diet lemonade. :hysterical2:

Dave, you gotta drive up to Chicago or New York to the Italian sections :hysterical: .... you had me all over this pizza until you said extra sauce! NO SAUCE, even better! Take the same pizza but rather than sauce try slices of tomato as one of the toppings.... I make a pizza with a nice crust (thin) and on top just tomato slices, basil, olive oil.... and if you want just a sprinkling of cheese (for you Americans).... now that's a pizza! :headspin:

Dave, you gotta drive up to Chicago or New York to the Italian sections :hysterical: .... you had me all over this pizza until you said extra sauce! NO SAUCE, even better! Take the same pizza but rather than sauce try slices of tomato as one of the toppings.... I make a pizza with a nice crust (thin) and on top just tomato slices, basil, olive oil.... and if you want just a sprinkling of cheese (for you Americans).... now that's a pizza! :headspin:

:dreamy:

Are you the brother I never had??

No sauce? :rant: Them's fightin' words. Put up your dukes buddy :chairshot::devil2:

Chicago? Heck, I can't even afford to PARK in Chicago. :banghead: I live in a town that still has parking meters that accept pennies. :hysterical:

No sauce? :rant: Them's fightin' words. Put up your dukes buddy :chairshot::devil2:

Chicago? Heck, I can't even afford to PARK in Chicago. :banghead: I live in a town that still has parking meters that accept pennies. :hysterical:

Sorry Dave.... but NOPE! :superhero: Matter of fact, if you go to Italy, good luck finding a pizza with sauce on it! If you ask for that, and a cappuccino, they will know you are a tourist :hysterical::hysterical:

But all kidding aside, sauce is an American version, and obviously extremely popular, however just try it my way once... and let me know what you think..... you may be surprised on how the flavors all pull together, rather than be flooded with the taste of just the sauce!

Sorry Dave.... but NOPE! :superhero: Matter of fact, if you go to Italy, good luck finding a pizza with sauce on it! If you ask for that, and a cappuccino, they will know you are a tourist :hysterical::hysterical:

But all kidding aside, sauce is an American version, and obviously extremely popular, however just try it my way once... and let me know what you think..... you may be surprised on how the flavors all pull together, rather than be flooded with the taste of just the sauce!

Do you use roma tomatoes?

I like to put a full leaf of basil on top of each one. :dreamy:

And maybe use some fresh mozzarella.... not shredded, just a little slice around each tomato.

Do you use roma tomatoes?

I like to put a full leaf of basil on top of each one. :dreamy:

And maybe use some fresh mozzarella.... not shredded, just a little slice around each tomato.

WE ARE BROTHERS??? You must be from southern Italy? And YES, that is what I do as well, ROMA's are KING!. Sometimes I just shred the basil, depends on how big the leaves are. I grow it year round, like now the plants are in the house, but the leaves are smaller when grown in doors. I ONLY use the fresh mozzarella, never shredded. Ok, Now I need to go at least make a caprese salad with dinner... got some fresh hard bread just waiting to dip in the olive oil.... Ok gotta gooooooooooooooooooooooooo :hyper:

WE ARE BROTHERS??? You must be from southern Italy? And YES, that is what I do as well, ROMA's are KING!. Sometimes I just shred the basil, depends on how big the leaves are. I grow it year round, like now the plants are in the house, but the leaves are smaller when grown in doors. I ONLY use the fresh mozzarella, never shredded. Ok, Now I need to go at least make a caprese salad with dinner... got some fresh hard bread just waiting to dip in the olive oil.... Ok gotta gooooooooooooooooooooooooo :hyper:

:wub: I can smell it from here -- Yuuuuuummmm!

My grandma used to take really nice ripe Romas from the garden (in Astoria, Queens!), blanche them for 10 seconds in hot water to easily peel them and coarse-chop them and dress her pizzas with that, fresh buffalo-milk mozzarella (when available) from the Italian market, fresh basil from the garden and Locatelli's finest Romano cheese. ... Mmmmmm, mmmm, goood! ;-)

I still make pizza from scratch -- dough and all ...and Calzones ...my grandma never used a recipe so it was hard figuring some of her specialty items from wathcing her and adapting other recipes (like Struffoli and Easter bread). She was an amazing lady!!! My mom was a really good cook, but grandma was just incredible! She was born in 1888 in a little village up in the hills (Chestnut-growing area) west of Naples, came here as a 12 year-old literally with the clothes on her back and a small case. Lied that she 16 when she was 12 to get a job at the 'chicken-factory' in Astoria. Taught herself to read and write. Worked nights in the cigar factory. Raised 11 kids (my grandpa dies at 44). She's gone now over 30 years and I still miss her :cry: -- what a sweetheart! Wish I could watch her making all here specialties just one more time with a video camera going!!

Life sure was good -- and simple -- back then ;-)

:wub: I can smell it from here -- Yuuuuuummmm!

My grandma used to take really nice ripe Romas from the garden (in Astoria, Queens!), blanche them for 10 seconds in hot water to easily peel them and coarse-chop them and dress her pizzas with that, fresh buffalo-milk mozzarella (when available) from the Italian market, fresh basil from the garden and Locatelli's finest Romano cheese. ... Mmmmmm, mmmm, goood! ;-)

I still make pizza from scratch -- dough and all ...and Calzones ...my grandma never used a recipe so it was hard figuring some of her specialty items from wathcing her and adapting other recipes (like Struffoli and Easter bread). She was an amazing lady!!! My mom was a really good cook, but grandma was just incredible! She was born in 1888 in a little village up in the hills (Chestnut-growing area) west of Naples, came here as a 12 year-old literally with the clothes on her back and a small case. Lied that she 16 when she was 12 to get a job at the 'chicken-factory' in Astoria. Taught herself to read and write. Worked nights in the cigar factory. Raised 11 kids (my grandpa dies at 44). She's gone now over 30 years and I still miss her :cry: -- what a sweetheart! Wish I could watch her making all here specialties just one more time with a video camera going!!

Life sure was good -- and simple -- back then ;-)

Great story, made my eyes water! I have the same story but those are my parents. I am first generation US. Both my parents are still alive, dad is 88. I still watch my mom cook, write down all the recipes, best i can using her hands and a pinch here and there. But I have done a great job of guessing and I do pretty well. It is the holidays that you have to watch the hardest to get everything just right, if you want to pass the tradition and foods on to your children. Ah yes, a brave people! Thanks for sharing. BTW, your from the south as well, that is why the foods seem similar!

Archived