TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Joe G's Pizza Place

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Want to see a better one?

Here are pics of horses made from driftwood. No, I did not make these...the pics were sent to me by a relative.

I guess you could say these people were "horsing around". :hysterical2:

th_horse4.jpg

th_horse3.jpg

th_horse2.jpg

th_horse1.jpg

They look kinda scrawny. Doesn't anyone feed those horses??

Want to see a better one?

...the pics were sent to me by a relative.

...a relative what? :hysterical2:

<just kiddin' davey... struck me funny :) actually, those are very cool -- the wife of the president of one our two local hospitals in Kingston does similar work -- amazing! >

Ok, I know this is the pizza shack, but I want an extra large triple thick Chocolate Malt with extra malt powder. I feel like overindulging this evening. I got into a pissing match with my professor (who can still KMFA as far as I'm concerned), and I have a crapload of things I need to submit to Chrysler by Monday. Oh! And I have a med term test at 9 am. HA! Whatev.

Ok, I know this is the pizza shack, but I want an extra large triple thick Chocolate Malt with extra malt powder. I feel like overindulging this evening. I got into a pissing match with my professor (who can still KMFA as far as I'm concerned), and I have a crapload of things I need to submit to Chrysler by Monday. Oh! And I have a med term test at 9 am. HA! Whatev.

Anything for you babe!

malty.gif

Anything for you babe!

malty.gif

Thank you so much, Joegie!

Ok, I might as well come out with it. I'm beyond furious. My uncle passed away without warning on February 2 at the age of 59. :( For the first few days, things were crazy around here. On the night of the wake, I had a test in my A&P class. It states in the syllabus that absence will only be excjused in cases of death in the family. Ok, wonderful...........so school will understand when I show up the following week. Wrong.

Tonight, I got back the quiz I took the following week, with a marginal grade. No biggy, I wasn't there for the lecture. Thing is, this jerk off places MY test in the center of all the others on the table, with the notation "You might want to rethink future vacations".

I leave class for a few to regroup, because what I *really* wanted to do was smack the arsehole upside the head with a cell model. I come back, wait till he isn't busy, and gently remind him that there was a death, as I had stated in an email ON February 2nd.

So he says "Ok, the next test will count for double points for you then, on one condition".

I inquire about that condition.

The condition that you bring me a certified copy of the death certificate next week........

:censored:

W T F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I tell him I can bring one of the cards from the wake. No dice. He said ANYONE can get one of those from anywhere.

I just feel like this is kids stuff. I pay tuition to be there, therefore, I don't blow off school. This is THE first time I've missed this class. So yes, I'm a bit more than pissed.

That is just so wrong.

You're right. As adult learners, who CHOOSE to go back to school, and pay to do it, why would we skip class and lie about it?

I'd get the certificate and present it to him, in front of the whole class, and demand an apology, again in front of the whole class.

Probably won't phase him if he's as big a jerk as you say - but at least everyone else in class will know about it as well.

Oh, and I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm not sure what is worse - when loved ones die suddenly or from long illnesses.

That is just so wrong.

You're right. As adult learners, who CHOOSE to go back to school, and pay to do it, why would we skip class and lie about it?

I'd get the certificate and present it to him, in front of the whole class, and demand an apology, again in front of the whole class.

Probably won't phase him if he's as big a jerk as you say - but at least everyone else in class will know about it as well.

Oh, and I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm not sure what is worse - when loved ones die suddenly or from long illnesses.

Joe,

Thanks for your condolences. It still seems surreal to me. The guy was literally the portrait of healthy, save for being a bit robust.

Ya know, I just feel like this asshole teacher poured salt in the wound. Total jackass move, IMO. I'll definitely come through with what he's asking for, but in the end, I guarantee I'll make him look like the biggest ass EVER.

Like I said, it's just so elementary. I might understand if I had a serious attendance issue, but holy shiz...........what kind of a freak is going to duck into a funeral home to sign the book and steal a card? Perhaps that's a trick he used in HIS youth?

BTW, everyone in class DOES know about it. I had no idea my test was even laying out for people to view until this girl walked over and said "I know you were absent due to a loss.........but you need to go get that test off the table because people are talking about what he wrote on it".

:rolleyes:

So between that, and the exchange of words he and I had, I think it's safe to say everyone knows about the whole scandal.

Pissing match?

th_urinate.gif

Michelle - I'm sorry about your uncle.

Don't judge all prof's by this guy. We're like everyone else. There are good and bad people in every profession.

I think you need to laugh a little more, girl!

Every day is a gift. Treat them as such.

If I can laugh with what I've got goin' on - you can too! :superhero:

Michelle, so sorry to hear about your uncle ... he was still young -- my age!

Don't let the prof's games get you down ...give him the DC and just indulge him -- do it for you.

...hope you ace the test -- and show him what you got!!!

Btw, hope you and the egglet are doing well, kiddo...

---

They must be having server problems for sure. My post here from yesterday is totaly gone -- without a trace -- like it never existed! Strange happenings in TS-land.

Don't let the prof get to you...just one of those a'holes who wants you to call him Doctor probably.

Funny you should mention that............he's Dr. Richards. :rolleyes:

Don't judge all prof's by this guy. We're like everyone else. There are good and bad people in every profession.

I think you need to laugh a little more, girl!

Bryan, I have had some wonderful teachers...........unfortunately, this one stinks. However, I won't judge anyone based on this tool's actions. And trust me, I laugh often. However, the one thing I take VERY seriously is my education. I refuse to let this clown (or anyone else) attempt to tarnish the GPA I've worked my ass off for.

Michelle, so sorry to hear about your uncle ... he was still young -- my age!

Don't let the prof's games get you down ...give him the DC and just indulge him -- do it for you.

...hope you ace the test -- and show him what you got!!!

Btw, hope you and the egglet are doing well, kiddo...

Thanks, Dan. Like I said, it just sems so surreal to me. I keep expecting him to call or stop by. Guess you'll have that for a while. :(

The egglet is flourishing. Maybe I'll post some bump pics soon. :)

Hang in there Michelle. I am very sorry to hear about your uncle. Better days will be here soon.

I don't do well with death. I am very sorry.

Thanks Grabber (and everyone else as well). Grief isn't my gig at all. Perhaps it's that I don't know how to properly tackle it. My method is to try to hold it all in, but that usually bites me in the arse by the 2nd day, with ugly results. :(

11" of snow today :happy feet: time to fire up ol' red! ;) <and ol' Dan :hysterical: >

...it sure is exquisite ...a wonderland. After I finish, gonna stap on the snowshoes and head out to the big wetlands to see what's happenin' in the natural world (or tomorrow if I'm too beat!)

...but I am ready for a dose of 68* too :happy feet: ...enjoy the balmy weather there, Bryan!!

Archived