TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Production Numbers- Ford/Shelby Come to an Agreement

gabed1

TUNGSTEN #37 OUT OF 384

COUPE #700 OUT OF 8150

I just talked to SVT. My build info is:

COUPE #4285 OUT OF 8150

BLACK #776 OUT OF 1689

I have the red interior inserts option. I wonder if I can find out how many had the optional red interior?

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who can call for me? I am in the Netherlands and I know that it is the 1st Dutch Grabber GT500. The only Grabber in Europe too. My VIN is 1ZVHT88S675267880. Grabber/White GT500 coupe.

So which # out of 8150 total coupes?

and which # out of 282 Grabber Orange coupes?

Build date?

Thanks very much.

I made a call to John.

I am 3382 out of 8150 coupes

and 127 out of 282 Grabber Orange coupes

Built date 11 Nov 2006

The certificates will probably take some more months cause of legal things.

Does anyone know at what point during production they designate the build date & production #? Is it when the car is completely finished (stripes and all)? Or do they consider it "built" before they send it off for stripes?

And weren't some early verts delayed for the shaker 1000? Did those just get bumped, or were they built and sitting, waiting?

Just wondering if any of that would affect the build date vs. production #. In other words, could a certain car have an early build date, but a later production # because it wasn't "complete?"

I just did some checking, and the production #s for previous year SVT Cobras were also broken down into coupe/convertible....NOT total production. So I don't know if we'll be getting our # out of total production or not. Does anyone know how they were determined in the 60's? Were they divided seperately also?

I just did some checking, and the production #s for previous year SVT Cobras were also broken down into coupe/convertible....NOT total production. So I don't know if we'll be getting our # out of total production or not. Does anyone know how they were determined in the 60's? Were they divided seperately also?

no

I just called, they said 1,689 Black coupes built which is less than what I expected but they did not know how many were built with or without stripes, so I assume more than 50% were ordered with stripes so Im guessing mine is 1 of 400-800 :D

I really wish they broke down the stripe vs stripeless

I have never seen a stripe delete car other than my own, not any color.

then you haven't seen mine.

Why doesn't SVT know what we want to know.

Can they be that in the dark?

I thought that they at SVT were car people and would be concerned with witch car came down the line first second and so on.

Dont they watch Barrett Jackson don't they have a clue.

I'm getting mad now and I want the free leather jacket and free cert and a freekin hat.

Did I mention that I wanted it for free.

This is my first SVT vehicle and and didn't realize that SVT was going to charge for the stinking cert I would have had the dealer kick it in the deal.

Now SVT is charging 40 bones and it doesn't have the info we really want.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: : :banghead:

Frustrated in CA.

I also spoke to Mitchell.

Here are my # for my Alloy Convertible.

Built 10/16/2006

Delivered 11/07/2006

#822 of 2694 Convertibles.

#39 of 108 Alloy Convertibles.

# of Color Convertibles made.

Tungsten 30

Alloy 108

Grabber Orange 160

Blue 283

White 325

Red 809

Black 858

Tiltz,

Your numbers total 2573, it should total 2694.

Were missing 121 verts.

Alan

Does anyone know at what point during production they designate the build date & production #? Is it when the car is completely finished (stripes and all)? Or do they consider it "built" before they send it off for stripes?

And weren't some early verts delayed for the shaker 1000? Did those just get bumped, or were they built and sitting, waiting?

Just wondering if any of that would affect the build date vs. production #. In other words, could a certain car have an early build date, but a later production # because it wasn't "complete?"

I think that is entirely possible.

I don't know for sure, but I'd think the built date would be when it comes off the line. Now, you might ask "which line". For example, the end of AAI? Or the end of the stripe line at the "foreign" plant? Not sure. This is a good point because we know some cars waited a long time to be striped. I'd guess it is "built" when that person drives it off the line at AAI.

Dave

I called today and got my numbers... 1714 of 2694 'verts, 502 of 858 Black, 11 built on Feb. 20/07... Ordered it June 13/05 delivered March 03/07...Maybe mine was one of the one's put aside for the Shaker 1000, I waited a long time... Asked about Canadian build numbers and was told they aren't releasing that info for some reason, I don't why...But I got my numbers anyways :happy feet:

Production date is the day it gets completed coming off the line.

The build number is based on the vin number sequence. All vin numbers run in numerical sequence starting with 000001, 000002, 000003, etc.

The reason you can't tell your actual build number from your vin on the GT500 is because the vin numbers all run in sequence based on every car they build at that plant. So the vin numbers run in sequence with all mustangs and mazdas built there.

The last 6 numbers of the vin are the build numbers. For example, the last 6 of my vin is, 225464. So that would mean my car was the 225,464th car built at that plant for the 07 model year. But it was the 1,260th GT500 Coupe built. And the 163rd Vista Blue GT500 Coupe Built.

So be before my car was built they had built 225,463 other mustangs and mazdas combined.

As for those asking whether their cars were set aside because of the shaker 1000 on the verts, no. They were just never scheduled and remained in the order system on material hold until they had the shaker 1000 issue resolved which was around Nov of 06. Until they actually pull the order and schedule it they won't issue a full vin. Anything prior to that is only a partial vin. The partial vin only identifies the make, model, year, etc. Anything that would have no affect on the build numbers. The build numbers are all based on the last 6 digits of the vin number which is the part of the full vin you will not get until the schedule the car to be built.

At least this is my understanding of how this all works.

I will check with SVT tomorrow.

Here are the correct # from SVT for the Verts.

Black w/Black 30

Alloy 108

Tungsten 151

Orange 160

Blue 283

White 325

Red 809

Black 858

If you minus the Black on Black.

I am quessing they were for Carroll Shelby.

Total

Has anyone gotten the color breakdown for the coupe - like "tlitz" did for the vert?

Brian

These # are from ShelbyDude.

There is now! SVT just starting releasing the numbers today.

I got my build number and the breakdown on colors of coupes made for 07. I didn't get the verts.

Here is what I got so for:

Total 2007 GT500 Production = 10,844

8,150 Coupes

2,694 Convertibles

Color breakdown on Coupes

2,250 White Coupes

2,153 Red Coupes

1,689 Black Coupes

1,054 Vista Blue Coupes

384 Tungsten Coupes

338 Alloy Coupes

282 Grabber Orange Coupes

Mine is Vista Blue, number 1,260 out of 8,150 Coupes made.

Number 163 out of 1,054 Vista Blue Coupes made.

These # are from ShelbyDude.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...showtopic=10822

There is now! SVT just starting releasing the numbers today.

I got my build number and the breakdown on colors of coupes made for 07. I didn't get the verts.

Here is what I got so for:

Total 2007 GT500 Production = 10,844

8,150 Coupes

2,694 Convertibles

Color breakdown on Coupes

2,250 White Coupes

2,153 Red Coupes

1,689 Black Coupes

1,054 Vista Blue Coupes

384 Tungsten Coupes

338 Alloy Coupes

282 Grabber Orange Coupes

Mine is Vista Blue, number 1,260 out of 8,150 Coupes made.

Number 163 out of 1,054 Vista Blue Coupes made.

Production date is St. Valentines day 07 and purchase day is St. Patricks day 07. Great for an old mind to remember.

Performance White with Tungsten Stripes = 61 produced

Coupe Production Number = 5118

#1292 of the Performance White Color

Who can call for me? I am in the Netherlands and I know that it is the 1st Dutch Grabber GT500. The only Grabber in Europe too. My VIN is 1ZVHT88S675267880. Grabber/White GT500 coupe.

So which # out of 8150 total coupes?

and which # out of 282 Grabber Orange coupes?

Build date?

Thanks very much.

Your build date shows 11/11/2006

I would think that the "Redlines" white & black with the red stripe packages are included in these numbers to huh?

I was really suprised at White being the color of choice.

I did figure Grabber Orange was the rarest, but I didnt think Tungsten and Alloy would be so close to it.

I seen another post earlier in this forum with the vert numbers. One thing I wasnt quite sure of was the 30 blacl on black as they called it - made for Carroll.

Arent they all black on black, unless you get the red inserts, tan top isnt an option is it?

Brian

Archived