Production Numbers- Ford/Shelby Come to an Agreement

gabed1

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand -- BJ & Blayne's VINs are 66 apart, not 3000 apart. :shrug:

Hey Blayne.....

They like us. They really like us. :happy feet:

(Now if anyone on here was really old enough to get the quote I wouldn't feel like such an old fart)

bj

Nope. They are over 3,600 apart. I have both of the vins. Over 3,600 apart.

Hmmm. I do too ...and ThreeCobras is over 3000 apart. I guess we should drop it... I can't share the VINs (nor can you)so no point pursuing.

I wonder if Ford actually has some words on how VINs were allocated in general -- any insight on that?

Hmmm. I do too ...and ThreeCobras is over 3000 apart. I guess we should drop it... I can't share the VINs (nor can you)so no point pursuing.

I wonder if Ford actually has some words on how VINs were allocated in general -- any insight on that?

My only understanding is that all vins are issued in the order that the cars are sceduled to be built. This would include all cars being built at that plant.

Somewhere along the line a car may get pulled to the side and delayed for some reason or other where one ends up being completed at a later date. Then they must go by that date as the official build date. That would explain how "some" cars end up with a vin that is so far apart.

Had the car with the lower vin been built on the day it SHOULD have been built then it would have had a lower build number.

So assuming the cars were all built on schedule based on the time they first scheduled it and issued the vin then there wouldn't be any large gaps with any vins with cars being built the same day.

For example. Remember seeing the body of those mustangs sitting on carts in the hall? They said they were just set to the side because of something to do with over flow and sometimes they just sit them there to the side. I say BS!!! If you noticed everyone of those had spots on them where they were grinded and repaired. Looked as if they were damaged on the line somewhere and they had to pull those off so they can repair the damage before letting them go down the line. Now you know everyone of those would have a vin already assigned to them. So by the time those cars get completed they will be completed at a later date which is the date they will show as the build date. Now had they not been pulled to the side to be repaired and had they went down the line as scheduled they would have been build sooner. I "think" that is where any major gaps in the vins are coming from.

At least that would make sense to explain the big gaps in the vin. Of course Ford isn't going to tell us that. Who would want to hear their car may have been damaged in the build process and pulled to the side to be repaired?

Make sense?

What? Go after them? :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Oh it will be fun...will help the rest of you out there as well and at no charge...

You see that White GT-500 to your left...that will be one item submitted into evidence.

What do you know, a GT-500 being used in all of SAI's advertising with signature...they're handing us a win a win on a silver platter. I can't talk about this any further...will probably be in the news if you're interested.

I called SVT and they said the reason why they have not officially released the production numbers is a disagreement around Ford and Shelby around the design of the certificates. Officially they now do not have a set time frame to deliver us these numbers. Looks like it is tied up with the lawyers! :banghead:

I think at the very least they should announce how many coupes and Verts were produced!

Voice your opinion

:finger:

In case you missed the announcement, Amy wants your car in Vegas baby!

Well, weather I agree or disagree this is going to be interesting. I would like to know a bit more about the legal implications of Rip's specific complaint. I think many of us just might have a bit of resentment on how this whole shelby vs ford arrangement was presented and carried out. I really don't know if I have been wronged by anyone and likely would not join any suit anyway, just not my thing. But that does not mean I am not interested in its merits and outcome.

Oh it will be fun...will help the rest of you out there as well and at no charge...

You see that White GT-500 to your left...that will be one item submitted into evidence.

What do you know, a GT-500 being used in all of SAI's advertising with signature...they're handing us a win a win on a silver platter. I can't talk about this any further...will probably be in the news if you're interested.

No thanks. I've got this far without your kind of "help" :)

I didn't buy the car because some people thought Carrol Shelby built the car himself. I bought it because it was the fastest danm Ford around. If Ford would have built the same package without the Shelby name, I would still have bought the car. As a matter of fact I think Ford should do just that!! Hopefully it would cost less!!!

Your numbers don't match what others are saying for total coupes...please recheck. Everyone else is saying 8,150 total coupes, not 8,152.

Also, I'm #3742 of 8,150 coupes, and my build date is the same as yours, and my car is Alloy with satin silver stripes....so we were born on the same day! Apparently they built at least 3 other Alloy coupes that same day...for a total of 5 minimum.

Also, I'd like to share VINs if you are willing to see how close we are...I'll pm you.

Dave

Dave ,

Do you also have your sequence number as far as Alloy coupes are concerned. From your comments, I assume that you are #153, since 07 SHLB is #157 and you mentionned at least 3 others built that day. Just wanted to know to update the list.

Although it is unrealistic to think this would happen, it would be nice to have every member's sequence numbers and built dates. I would be curious to know the percentage of all 07 GT500s owned by SU members.

Dave ,

Do you also have your sequence number as far as Alloy coupes are concerned. From your comments, I assume that you are #153, since 07 SHLB is #157 and you mentionned at least 3 others built that day. Just wanted to know to update the list.

Although it is unrealistic to think this would happen, it would be nice to have every member's sequence numbers and built dates. I would be curious to know the percentage of all 07 GT500s owned by SU members.

Here is the last sequence of my vin 225464

Vista Blue Coupe with White Stripes

Built 8/11/06

#1260 of 8150 Coupes built

#163 of 1054 Vista Blue Coupes built

Here is the last sequence of my vin 225464

Vista Blue Coupe with White Stripes

Built 8/11/06

#1260 of 8150 Coupes built

#163 of 1054 Vista Blue Coupes built

Can you get my seq. number ??

My last 8 are 75295722.

Build date...6/20/06.....#352 of 8150 and #120 of 2153 red...Thats all the info they would give me.......So whats this, they will not tag our SVT sheets as Shelbys?????Is that what I am reading here????

Can't imagine how they wouldn't do that with the Shelby GT500 name plastered on the car, window sticker, invoice and title.

Build date...6/20/06.....#352 of 8150 and #120 of 2153 red...Thats all the info they would give me.......So whats this, they will not tag our SVT sheets as Shelbys?????Is that what I am reading here????

Man I sure hope SAI isn't having the Shelby name pulled from the certificates. My title says SHELBY, my Window Sticker says "SHELBY" under vehicle description, and my car is a 2007 that makes it a 40th anniversary SHELBY GT500.

I know there was an issue with the certificates between SVT and SAI, but I was told by SVT that the issue was over the look and layout. They didn't say anything about the name of the car.

I was told SAI didn't like the design they had and they were delayed until they got all these issues worked out between the attornies.

I guess we will all know soon enough!

Dave ,

That is correct, I am #153.

Guys, everybody calm down. I'll $5 bucks that the Shelby name will be on the SVT certificates. I'd bet another $5 bucks that it all boils down to a licensing issue. Ford is probably limited by contract on what they can use the Shelby name on and someone forgot the about the SVT certificates. It's not about the design of the certificate, it's about the money. Why do you think we are paying so much for something that used to be free? Do you really think Ford couldn't figure out how much these things were going to cost until now? They have finally cut their deal, now they can be printed. I suspect SAI just wanted their licensing fee, which they should get in my opinion.

Guys, everybody calm down. I'll $5 bucks that the Shelby name will be on the SVT certificates. I'd bet another $5 bucks that it all boils down to a licensing issue. Ford is probably limited by contract on what they can use the Shelby name on and someone forgot the about the SVT certificates. It's not about the design of the certificate, it's about the money. Why do you think we are paying so much for something that used to be free? Do you really think Ford couldn't figure out how much these things were going to cost until now? They have finally cut their deal, now they can be printed. I suspect SAI just wanted their licensing fee, which they should get in my opinion.

The car does say SVT on it more times than Shelby? :stirpot:

Your numbers don't match what others are saying for total coupes...please recheck. Everyone else is saying 8,150 total coupes, not 8,152.

Also, I'm #3742 of 8,150 coupes, and my build date is the same as yours, and my car is Alloy with satin silver stripes....so we were born on the same day! Apparently they built at least 3 other Alloy coupes that same day...for a total of 5 minimum.

Also, I'd like to share VINs if you are willing to see how close we are...I'll pm you.

Dave

I may have written it down wrong. I was focusing on what my number was.

I sent you a PM with my VIN. Your build number is lower but my VIN seems lower.

Archived