TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Production Numbers- Ford/Shelby Come to an Agreement

gabed1

Also called SVT today. Build date 06/29/06, #597 of 8150 coupes, #202 of 2153 red coupe.

Looking at this thread, I tried to follow Dan's suggestion and create a list. I only looked at those who posted on this thread. Maybe some others have posted the same info in other threads. Not sure how we can sequence coupes and verts together unless we add a VIN column. Some did not mention their build date so there are some of those missing. Also, I highlighted a few inconsistencies between build dates and sequence #s. Maybe some build dates were inaccurate.

Maybe we could post that in a specific thread where everyone could insert their car's info in sequence. Sorry if this is in Word format. I am not that familiar with Excel. It would be nice if everyone could complete the info and correct any mistake I may have made.

Edited on 09/11/07 at 9:55 PM (correction to the list)

Production_sequence.doc

Production_sequence.doc

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WHO REALLY GIVES A BLANK WHAT NUMBER YOUR CAR IS...EVEN WHEN YOU GET IT HOW WILL YOU KNOW THEY DIDN'T MAKE A MISTAKE. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO SAY AT THE NEXT PARTY...MY SHELBY IS NUMBER IS 427 (now that would be cool) BUT OTHERWISE WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE. THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR IS THE SAME TYPE OF CONTRIBUTION TO HIGH ADMS. FORD/SAI BELIEVE WE WORSHIP THESE CARS AND THEY EAT THIS UP. I LOVE MY CAR, BUT IT'S ONLY A DAMN CAR! MY SHELBY WAS BORN ON AUGUST 25, 2006, A GIRL, 8LBS. AND 20 INCHES...CIGARS ANYONE:hysterical2: :hysterical2:

If my car was No. 69 I would bring it up as a conversation piece. Someone has 69 and 500 and 666. I don't think I would brag to much about 666, might park that puppy in the ?, I'd sell it.

Also called SVT today. Build date 06/29/06, #597 of 8150 coupes, #202 of 2153 red coupe.

Looking at this thread, I tried to follow Dan's suggestion and create a list. I only looked at those who posted on this thread. Maybe some others have posted the same info in other threads. Not sure how we can sequence coupes and verts together unless we add a VIN column. Some did not mention their build date so there are some of those missing. Also, I highlighted a few inconsistencies between build dates and sequence #s. Maybe some build dates were inaccurate.

Maybe we could post that in a specific thread where everyone could insert their car's info in sequence. Sorry if this is in Word format. I am not that familiar with Excel. It would be nice if everyone could complete the info and correct any mistake I may have made.

Wow -- that's great -- Outstanding!!!

Check out BJ(VNMOUS1) and Blayne's stats -- absolutely blood-brothers.

Blayne and BJ, if you wouldn't mind sharing just the last 2 or 3-digits of your VIN it will be interesting to see if they are also sequential and adjacent! If so, they very likely went down the line nose-to-tail since all other nums are sequential and adjacent ;)

Check out your #'s , my build date is 10/ 26/06 but you have it listed after cars built in Nov.

Nice job. Interesting.

Check out your #'s , my build date is 10/ 26/06 but you have it listed after cars built in Nov.

George,

I missed your production number. I should have seen it. However, maybe you should double check your sequence number with SVT. I slotted your car based on its overall coupe sequence number. If your build date is correct, which I think it is, there would be many cars build after yours that would bear lower number. Looking at it again, I think your overall build number mingt be the problem. For instance, shelby001's car was built on 10/30/06 and is #3122 of all coupes and #406 of all blue coupes while yours is #3942 an #389 respectively. Something doesn't work. I will update my list, but I believe your overall sequence number should be checked; I suspect it is #3042 instead of #3942.

:hysterical: ..sorry about the screen-name faux pas (VenomousVNMOUS1) ;)

BJ, do you recall about 15 months ago Ford (cust-service?) telling someone in here that the VIN allocations for this car were done differently than prior Cobras? ...had something to do with it being the shared AAI line and the context, if I recall, had to do with why build sequence can't be available until after the total production run.

I remember thinking that doesn't make sense and wondering what's really different since it was the same deal with the '01 Cobras and there was no shared line then. Is it possible that Mazdas and 'Stangs share the sequence# portion of the VIN? That would seem odd but, at a plant level, could make a lot of sense.

Ah, maybe it is destined to remain a mystery ...for now :devil:

--

...maybe a list of the build info folks are getting on their cars could be compiled in post#1 ...like dgussin does for track times? :spiteful: ;-)

Date of birth - - - overall seq# - - - coupe/vert seq# - - - color - - - color seq#

Would be very cool.

Yup...I remember. It was as though they had come up with a completely different system. Oh well. I'll make a call Monday and see if they're ever going to do the full run count. I guess in theory we can figure it out, but.....that makes my feeble little brain hurt.

Good idea about the "list".

bj

Edited on 09/08/07 at 8:00 AM (correction to the list)

Great job! Thanks for doing this for us!

Nice job. Interesting.

Blayne, did you notice that you and VNMOUS1/bj are the only two on the list to be same color and adjacent sequence? If you guys could tell us if the last couple digits of your VIN are adjacent (and in the same order as color sequence) or not we may learn more about how VIN sequences are assigned (i.e. if VIN seq is NOT adjacent or adjacent in reverse order from color-seq).

:happy feet:

Build date on mine was 5/24/2006

Sorry. My build date was 5/24/2006

Carroll

George,

I missed your production number. I should have seen it. However, maybe you should double check your sequence number with SVT. I slotted your car based on its overall coupe sequence number. If your build date is correct, which I think it is, there would be many cars build after yours that would bear lower number. Looking at it again, I think your overall build number mingt be the problem. For instance, shelby001's car was built on 10/30/06 and is #3122 of all coupes and #406 of all blue coupes while yours is #3942 an #389 respectively. Something doesn't work. I will update my list, but I believe your overall sequence number should be checked; I suspect it is #3042 instead of #3942.

I believe you are right about the overall production # I think it is 3042 that makes better sense to me.(389th Vista blue coupe)

Built 10/26/06

BlackShelby's car was built on the 24th and his # is 2997 he got his car 1 day before me.

Thanks ,

George

Blayne, did you notice that you and VNMOUS1/bj are the only two on the list to be same color and adjacent sequence? If you guys could tell us if the last couple digits of your VIN are adjacent (and in the same order as color sequence) or not we may learn more about how VIN sequences are assigned (i.e. if VIN seq is NOT adjacent or adjacent in reverse order from color-seq).

:happy feet:

Guess these are random numbers? Last two digits are not adjacent, or in order of paint sequence.

Thanks for the PM, Blayne...

---

For those interested, if you look at the Word.doc list, VNMOUS1 and Blayne9067 are red-coupes #488 and 489 respectively, yet Blaynes VIN is 66 VIN-sequence units earlier than Barry's! :shrug:

In '01 I believe the Cobra VIN-seq and #of# seq were at least in the same order (i.e. relatively higher or lower, even if inconsistent gaps). For the GT500, it would appear there is no correlation whatsoever.

Dan

Thanks for the PM, Blayne...

---

For those interested, if you look at the Word.doc list, VNMOUS1 and Blayne9067 are red-coupes #488 and 489 respectively, yet Blaynes VIN is 66 VIN-sequence units earlier than Barry's! :shrug:

In '01 I believe the Cobra VIN-seq and #of# seq were at least in the same order (i.e. relatively higher or lower, even if inconsistent gaps). For the GT500, it would appear there is no correlation whatsoever.

Dan

That's real strange. I was also under the impression that the last 6 digits of the VIN represented the built sequence for the entire plant including all Mustangs and Mazdas and that a car with a lower number in the GT500 build sequence would necessarily have a lower VIN number. Does anyone here have an idea of of how the VINs are allocated. Is it simply at random? This would seem strange to me.

Another interesting aspect of the chart that was pointed out before is that Three Cobras overall coupe sequence # and red coupe sequence # are both 8 digits below VNMOUS1's car, which would mean that 10 red coupes in a row would have been produced.

Considering that VINs do not seem to match production sequence, plus the fact that many here will not disclose their VIN (which I fully understand), I think that I will probably split the list in 2, with separate lists for the coupes and the verts, and delete the overall sequence column. There is indeed no way to know for sure the overall build sequence between coupes and verts built the same day, unless Ford decides to provide the information.

Anyone know when the certs are available?

Im on the "list" but we all remember what happened last time we were on a "list" hahahah

Chuck,

When I called on Friday, they told me that the certificates would be available in about 4 weeks. They also mentionned a cost in the 40$-60$ range for the certificates. They took my contact info and mentionned that they would call me when the certificates would become available. I assume that if you are on the list, you should also receive a call around that same time.

Guess these are random numbers? Last two digits are not adjacent, or in order of paint sequence.

They must have had a red paint sale on the 27th of June. Three Cobra's car is exactly 7 cars in front of me (coupes) and it looks like every one of them was red!! No other colors between us!

BJ

That's real strange. I was also under the impression that the last 6 digits of the VIN represented the built sequence for the entire plant including all Mustangs and Mazdas and that a car with a lower number in the GT500 build sequence would necessarily have a lower VIN number. Does anyone here have an idea of of how the VINs are allocated. Is it simply at random? This would seem strange to me.

Another interesting aspect of the chart that was pointed out before is that Three Cobras overall coupe sequence # and red coupe sequence # are both 8 digits below VNMOUS1's car, which would mean that 10 red coupes in a row would have been produced.

Considering that VINs do not seem to match production sequence, plus the fact that many here will not disclose their VIN (which I fully understand), I think that I will probably split the list in 2, with separate lists for the coupes and the verts, and delete the overall sequence column. There is indeed no way to know for sure the overall build sequence between coupes and verts built the same day, unless Ford decides to provide the information.

I'm not sure that's the case. Based on what we learned about Blayne and BJ's relative VINs, there could be many VINS and/or cars between ThreeCobras and VNMOUS1, just as there are 66 VINs and ?? cars between VNMOUS1 and Blayne (and that 66 diff is in reverse order).

ThreeCobras, if you're willing to PM me the last 3 digits of your VIN, I won't post it but will post the realtive differences to Blayne and BJ and anything else it seems to show -- this may give some additional insight ...dunno.

<edit:> corrected typo

I'm not sure that's the case. Based on what we learned about Blayne and BJ's relative VINs, there could be many VINS and/or cars between ThreeCobras and VNMOUS1, just as there are 66 VINs and ?? cars between VNMOUS1 and Blayne (and that 66 diff is in reverse order).

ThreeCobras, if you're willing to PM me the last 3 digits of your PM, I won't post it but will post the realtive differences to Blayne and BJ and anything else it seems to show -- this may give some additional insight ...dunno.

Dan,

I agree with you that there can be many more cars between them. However, if I understand this thing correctly, these other cars would not be GT500 but rather regular Mustangs or Mazdas. What I meant was that, relative to GT500 coupes only, there were 10 red ones in a row that were built.

Eric

Archived