TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Production Numbers- Ford/Shelby Come to an Agreement

gabed1

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh it will be fun...will help the rest of you out there as well and at no charge...

You see that White GT-500 to your left...that will be one item submitted into evidence.

What do you know, a GT-500 being used in all of SAI's advertising with signature...they're handing us a win a win on a silver platter. I can't talk about this any further...will probably be in the news if you're interested.

Hope you speak better than you type! :hysterical2:

Just kidding. :hysterical:

What's all the fuss anyway? What White GT500 to the left? Your paragraph does not make a lot of sense. :banghead:

I forgot, you guys sue for anything and every thing. :hysterical2:

+1 ...and there's a hardcopy of that catalog in your Dearborn materials, I believe :)

yep, just checked...

Sorry, I did not get any Dearborn materials, I was at the Hospital for my Brothers last days during the Dearborn tours...

I see the linky though. :happy feet: I still don't know what all the fuss is about. :banghead:

I just ordered my SVT Certificate. $45 Should arrive in the 2nd week of October. :happy feet: :happy feet:

I asked for my build order for Vista Blue/Tungsten, but he couldn't give me a breakdown by stripe color. But he did say that info will be on the certificate.

AWSUM! :happy feet:

October 2007 right? :hysterical::hysterical2:

Ordered mine, should be here somtime in October, it will come with a full breakdown of not just your car but all GT500's built. :happy feet: :happy feet:

I read on another forum that they will be signed by Mr. Shelby and Edsel Ford, sounds cool, we"ll see.

Ordered mine, should be here somtime in October, it will come with a full breakdown of not just your car but all GT500's built. :happy feet: :happy feet:

I read on another forum that they will be signed by Mr. Shelby and Edsel Ford, sounds cool, we"ll see.

I just ordered mine as well. He said Carroll and Edsel's signatures are on it, though they are not actually signing the Certificate,it is a very good rendition. :happy feet:

Just ordered mine today using my credit card..... cost was $35 .....If you are a member of the Shelby club or SVTOA there is a discount. Cool !

They won't be shipping them for 4 to 5 weeks though.

Just ordered mine, same cost $35.00.

I'm a member of SAAC.

E.T.A. 1st. week of October.

Alan :happy feet:

I called SVT yesterday to get my build info. I was told #6646 of 8152 coupes, #1763 of 2252 Performance White coupes. Build date was 4/19/2007. After going back through this entire thread, I see that everyone else was told there were 8150 coupes and 2250 Performance White coupes.

So, I had my wife call back today to make sure I was not hearing things and sure enough, she got the same numbers. 8152 coupes and 2252 Performance White coupes.

Anyone else call yesterday or today and get these numbers?

I didn't buy the car because some people thought Carrol Shelby built the car himself. I bought it because it was the fastest danm Ford around. If Ford would have built the same package without the Shelby name, I would still have bought the car. As a matter of fact I think Ford should do just that!! Hopefully it would cost less!!!

That's exactly part of the point of all of this. If it was just called a Ford and we were told it was designed ONLY by Ford then it would have been a lot cheaper, no ADM's etc. The public were led to believe that this was a true Shelby with the main point being HE HAD INVOLVEMENT IN BUILDING THE CAR. I think some folks have a misunderstanding of the situation.

The certificate will say Shelby GT-500. What it won't say is that Mr. Shelby had any involvement in the design , layout and build of the car. It will be a Ford SVT certificate...that's the legal issue here. ......SAI wants you to send them your cars for any Shelby authenticity. This is a very important issue for those who are collecting this car and for those who paid a premium to own an "authentic Shelby". For those who don't know it is known as deceptive advertising as well as a number of other legal issues I will not address at this time, Mr. Mark Shields and SAI.

I called SVT yesterday to get my build info. I was told #6646 of 8152 coupes, #1763 of 2252 Performance White coupes. Build date was 4/19/2007. After going back through this entire thread, I see that everyone else was told there were 8150 coupes and 2250 Performance White coupes.

So, I had my wife call back today to make sure I was not hearing things and sure enough, she got the same numbers. 8152 coupes and 2252 Performance White coupes.

That's exactly part of the point of all of this. If it was just called a Ford and we were told it was designed ONLY by Ford then it would have been a lot cheaper, no ADM's etc. The public were led to believe that this was a true Shelby with the main point being HE HAD INVOLVEMENT IN BUILDING THE CAR. I think some folks have a misunderstanding of the situation.

The certificate will say Shelby GT-500. What it won't say is that Mr. Shelby had any involvement in the design , layout and build of the car. It will be a Ford SVT certificate...that's the legal issue here. ......SAI wants you to send them your cars for any Shelby authenticity. This is a very important issue for those who are collecting this car and for those who paid a premium to own an "authentic Shelby". For those who don't know it is known as deceptive advertising as well as a number of other legal issues I will not address at this time, Mr. Mark Shields and SAI.

For a Lawyer you make a lot of mistakes.

Like I said, for a Lawyer you make a lot of mistakes.

:hysterical2::hysterical2:

:hysterical2::hysterical2:

How do you know it would have been a LOT cheaper? How much did they pay Shelby per car on this deal? Wouldn't that be the only cost involved here pertaining to what the MSRP was? So what was that? A $100? $200? $500? per car?

As for ADM's, they would still have had ADM's the same as the past Cobras had ADM's on them. MAYBE not as much of an ADM and MAYBE the ADM's wouldn't have held out as long as they have on this car, but that is merely a MAYBE and you can't win based on maybe. Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't have. PROVE IT! What PROOF do you have to prove otherwise?

WHY would any certificate need to state anything about Mr. Shelby being involved with this car? What relevance does it have?

According to Ford and Amy B, Mr. Shelby DID have some involvement and say with this car. So are you saying they were both lying and just telling the public false information about that? Again, can you PROVE that Mr. Shelby had no hand or say with this car?

Ford and Amy B both have stated that Mr. Shelby did in fact have involvement and a say in this cart. Mr. Shelby's name is on the car. Ford paid for this. The MSO says it is a Shelby GT500, the invoice says it is a Shelby GT500, the window sticker says it is a Shelby GT500, my insurance company insures it as a Shelby GT500, and now we are being told Carroll Shelby's signature will be printed on the certificates will build numbers and also stating it is a Shelby GT500.

And your grounds of deceptive advertising is based on what????

BTW. I guess you can say my car was blessed by SAI and by the personal hand of Mr. Shelby himself since SAI did offer to sell me a dash plaque with my vin engraved and Mr. Shelby's personal hand signed autograph blessing my car as a Shelby GT500. Along with hundreds if not thousands of others that bought one.

I don't see any basis for your complaint.

How do you know it would have been a LOT cheaper? How much did they pay Shelby per car on this deal? Wouldn't that be the only cost involved here pertaining to what the MSRP was? So what was that? A $100? $200? $500? per car?

As for ADM's, they would still have had ADM's the same as the past Cobras had ADM's on them. MAYBE not as much of an ADM and MAYBE the ADM's wouldn't have held out as long as they have on this car, but that is merely a MAYBE and you can't win based on maybe. Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't have. PROVE IT! What PROOF do you have to prove otherwise?

WHY would any certificate need to state anything about Mr. Shelby being involved with this car? What relevance does it have?

According to Ford and Amy B, Mr. Shelby DID have some involvement and say with this car. So are you saying they were both lying and just telling the public false information about that? Again, can you PROVE that Mr. Shelby had no hand or say with this car?

Ford and Amy B both have stated that Mr. Shelby did in fact have involvement and a say in this cart. Mr. Shelby's name is on the car. Ford paid for this. The MSO says it is a Shelby GT500, the invoice says it is a Shelby GT500, the window sticker says it is a Shelby GT500, my insurance company insures it as a Shelby GT500, and now we are being told Carroll Shelby's signature will be printed on the certificates will build numbers and also stating it is a Shelby GT500.

BTW. I guess you can say my car was blessed by SAI and by the personal hand of Mr. Shelby himself since SAI did offer to sell me a dash plaque with my vin engraved and Mr. Shelby's personal hand signed autograph blessing my car as a Shelby GT500. Along with hundreds if not thousands of others that bought one.

You are obviously too young to understand how business works let alone the law (not trying to be mean). I will send you copies of the trial transcripts when the time comes and I believe things will become much more clearer to you. Other than that I can't help you.

You're right...he did have a hand on the production of this car so why don't they state this on the certificate (this is my point!). It shouldn't be a problem now should it...very simple solution. Pal you need to read what people are writing...your interpretations are way off base. What are you going to tell someone 20 years from now about the status of this car when Carroll is not here and Amy is fired. Just trying to help the masses. Please don't respond. I have no more time for this issue as I have to spend this time off line working on this.

You are obviously too young to understand how business works let alone the law (not trying to be mean). I will send you copies of the trial transcripts when the time comes and I believe things will become much more clearer to you. Other than that I can't help you.

I'm no lawyer, but I know a little about business and the law.

I would share a great story how I went up against NINE attorneys all by my little lonesome pro se' and how a I WHOOPED their azzes in Federal Court on a foreclosure case! :hysterical:

BTW, the lead attorney on that case was needless to say no longer with that firm a very short time after I dragged their nine butts through the Federal Court for a year only to have their case dismissed and thrown out! AND that Federal Judge did not take kindly to people representing themselves without an attorney. But I still whooped their butts. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Not to shabby for someone that is to young to understand how business works let alone the law, eh??? :hysterical:

You're right...he did have a hand on the production of this car so why don't they state this on the certificate (this is my point!). It shouldn't be a problem now should it...very simple solution. Pal you need to read what people are writing...your interpretations are way off base. What are you going to tell someone 20 years from now about the status of this car when Carroll is not here and Amy is fired. Just trying to help the masses. Please don't respond. I have no more time for this issue as I have to spend this time off line working on this.

I see no need or basis for some certificate to state who had a hand or say in the production of this car. This is not a certificate of Authenticity of who had any had or say in the production of this car. Hell, every single employee and line worker that had anything to do with the production of this would have to be listed if that were the case. Get real!

This is nothing but a certificate providing the build dates and number of units that were built. Nothing more. Ford, SVT nor SAI are even required nor are they obligated to even provide this certificate. It is merely being offered to anyone that wants to BUY one.

Again, your complaint has no merritt nor basis for any suit.

Please double check your number of coupes....everyone else is reporting 8,150, NOT 8,152. In addition, most others are saying 2,250 white coupes, not 2,252.

"Please don't respond. I have no more time for this issue as I have to spend this time off line working on this."

Good idea! Maybe if you are quick enough you can "help" us all out and stop the certificates completely. A lot of folks will be unhappy, but you will have made your "point"

YAWN.

Amen brother :redcard: I called SVT and my car is #89 of 151 tungsten verts what's interesting is he told me 13 were stripe delete I would like to know more about the different combonations ( red interior , stripe delete coupes etc.) ordering certificate tomorrow :happy feet:

Amen brother :redcard: I called SVT and my car is #89 of 151 tungsten verts what's interesting is he told me 13 were stripe delete I would like to know more about the different combonations ( red interior , stripe delete coupes etc.) ordering certificate tomorrow :happy feet:

I was told that the certificates will be accompanied with a sheet that will show the breakdown off all shelbys built, how many had or didn't have red/black interior, stripe deletes, etc. can't wait to see what it says. I know that mine is 1 of 28 red coupes with stripe delete, unkown what number mine is but hopefully this sheet will tell me.

Archived