TEAM SHELBY FORUM

To those who would pay ADMs if they had the money

1FAFP90

How much would you have to have before you were comfortable paying big ADMs  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you have to have before you were comfortable paying big ADMs

• Less than $1 Million
    • $1 Million
    • $5 Million
    • $10 Million
    • More than $10 Million
    • Don't know

To all of you who say they pay the ADMs "if I could afford it" or if I had the money"...

Well, how much would you have to have before you were comfortable paying big ADMs?

$1m? $5m? $10m? More?

Just curious. I've been asking myself the same question for some time.

disclaimer: This is my first poll, so I have no idea how to construct it...

To all of you who say they pay the ADMs "if I could afford it" or if I had the money"...

Well, how much would you have to have before you were comfortable paying big ADMs?

$1m? $5m? $10m? More?

Just curious. I've been asking myself the same question for some time.

disclaimer: This is my first poll, so I have no idea how to construct it...

I wouldn't need to have any certain amount of money to pay the ADM. Either I have enough cash to just pay for it or I don't. Or if I could afford the payments I would just finance it!

So, if I had $150K sitting in the bank and I wanted it bad enough I would take the $150K and just buy it!

I don't need a million in cash to justify paying out a $100k - $150K. I just need to either have the $100k - $150K in cash to buy it with or the means to finance it and afford the payments!

Besides, no matter how much cash I had, I'm big fan of using other peoples money so I would finance regardless!

Cash is King! Don't use it to buy toys with! Use the cash to buy things like real estate for pennies on the dollar and let your cash work for you!

I most I would pay is 15-20k over and even that I think is high. I guess time will see who is right but we had people on this forum making the same arguments to justify the big amounts over MSRP last year and the prices have come down. The old Shelby's were worth money because no one knew at the time they were going to be worth big money, and they were only so limited in production because people back then did have the $$ to pay up for a Shelby, and people were more mechanical, and could make there mustangs just as fast for allot less money.

As for the cobra R I don’t care if it has the Shelby name or not. Name another mustang that had a production of 350 cars. They have held there value but have not increased in price.

The fact of the matter is all those people who bought the cobra R thought at the time that it was the latest and the greatest, and that they wouldn't be building anything faster or more exclusive, just like the people who ponied up over 30k last year for one of the 1st allotments of GT500's.

No car is worth 100% over sticker. My opinion. If you disagree put your money where your mouth is and pay the 100k over sticker. I think the people who wait till the end of the year will get a better deal.

It’s just a false market, all the dealers have priced fixed 50-100k over sticker. When the demand dies down the prices will fall.

Face it people you could buy a 08 gt500 and another 08 Gt500 and have it super snaked for the same money as a KR.

It is just plain stupid :lastyear:

• 1 month later...
I most I would pay is 15-20k over and even that I think is high. I guess time will see who is right but we had people on this forum making the same arguments to justify the big amounts over MSRP last year and the prices have come down. The old Shelby's were worth money because no one knew at the time they were going to be worth big money, and they were only so limited in production because people back then did have the $$ to pay up for a Shelby, and people were more mechanical, and could make there mustangs just as fast for allot less money.

As for the cobra R I don’t care if it has the Shelby name or not. Name another mustang that had a production of 350 cars. They have held there value but have not increased in price.

The fact of the matter is all those people who bought the cobra R thought at the time that it was the latest and the greatest, and that they wouldn't be building anything faster or more exclusive, just like the people who ponied up over 30k last year for one of the 1st allotments of GT500's.

No car is worth 100% over sticker. My opinion. If you disagree put your money where your mouth is and pay the 100k over sticker. I think the people who wait till the end of the year will get a better deal.

It’s just a false market, all the dealers have priced fixed 50-100k over sticker. When the demand dies down the prices will fall.

Face it people you could buy a 08 gt500 and another 08 Gt500 and have it super snaked for the same money as a KR.

It is just plain stupid :lastyear:

Yep completely agree. It is supply and demand. Frankly the GT500 is not so limited that the demand is going to exceed supply. Just as I predicted 6 months ago, the ADM's have come down substantially and my predicition is headed towards being correct that MSRP may happen before 08!.

Of course Sheblydud is going to proclaim he would buy it for 150k if he had the money, he's a dealer! duh!

It is not a matter of having the money or having the credit to purchase the car, it comes down to paying what you believe to be a fair price for a product. MSRP is there for a reason. It gives the consumer and the dealer what the vehicle should be selling at.

When the car first comes out, and the dealer charges an ADM for the first bunch that is a result of supply and demand. You want to be the first in town to own one you pay a premium. Unless of course you got a down payment to the dealer before the dealer realized the car could fetch much more.

After the feeding frenzy is over, I think the consumer has to be patient and wait for the market to adjust.

To pay 150k for something that cost Ford 30k to make, and the dealer 40k to buy at invoice, is absurd.

As for the poll, I can vouche for most of the people in the low millions. You don't squander your money foolishly or else you won't be wealthy anymore. Trust me 2 to 3 million in net worth is really not that much. It is living comfortably. You start pay 4x the cost for a car and you will not be living very comfotable very soon.

Sure if you are worth a 100 million plus and you are raking in 10 to 15 million a year. Then yeah an ADM is insignificant. Then again I am not going to be driving a Ford Mustang, that is a given. Try Ferrari Enzo, Lambo Galladro, Mercedes SLR. Or you can take out your choice of Junkers like a Ford GT, or a Dodge Viper when you are slumming it.

Yep completely agree. It is supply and demand. Frankly the GT500 is not so limited that the demand is going to exceed supply. Just as I predicted 6 months ago, the ADM's have come down substantially and my predicition is headed towards being correct that MSRP may happen before 08!.

Of course Sheblydud is going to proclaim he would buy it for 150k if he had the money, he's a dealer! duh!

It is not a matter of having the money or having the credit to purchase the car, it comes down to paying what you believe to be a fair price for a product. MSRP is there for a reason. It gives the consumer and the dealer what the vehicle should be selling at.

When the car first comes out, and the dealer charges an ADM for the first bunch that is a result of supply and demand. You want to be the first in town to own one you pay a premium. Unless of course you got a down payment to the dealer before the dealer realized the car could fetch much more.

After the feeding frenzy is over, I think the consumer has to be patient and wait for the market to adjust.

To pay 150k for something that cost Ford 30k to make, and the dealer 40k to buy at invoice, is absurd.

As for the poll, I can vouche for most of the people in the low millions. You don't squander your money foolishly or else you won't be wealthy anymore. Trust me 2 to 3 million in net worth is really not that much. It is living comfortably. You start pay 4x the cost for a car and you will not be living very comfotable very soon.

Sure if you are worth a 100 million plus and you are raking in 10 to 15 million a year. Then yeah an ADM is insignificant. Then again I am not going to be driving a Ford Mustang, that is a given. Try Ferrari Enzo, Lambo Galladro, Mercedes SLR. Or you can take out your choice of Junkers like a Ford GT, or a Dodge Viper when you are slumming it.

Nope. I would not pay $150K. It is not worth $150K to me. I would have paid as much as $60K for the GT500 if I had to, regardless of what MSRP was. In my opinion this car is worth every penny of $60K and anything below that is a bonus. This is just my opinion of what I feel the car is worth.

"It is not a matter of having the money or having the credit to purchase the car, it comes down to paying what you believe to be a fair price for a product."

Exactly! That is my point above.

" MSRP is there for a reason. It gives the consumer and the dealer what the vehicle should be selling at."

WRONG! This I do not agree with. MSRP is nothing but a SUGGESTED retail price and it is required to be posted on all new vehicles being sold.

If MSRP was what the vehicle should be selling for then why is it 99% pay less than MSRP on the average vehicle sold??? So you are saying you always pay the MSRP price on any new vehicle because in your opinion that is what it should be selling for because that is what the manufacturer says it is worth? Is that what you are telling us?

Have you ever purchased a new vehicle for less than MSRP? If so, then what you said is just hogwash! Or are you only saying if it is a hot selling car then it is only worth MSRP because the manufacturer priced it at that, but anything that isn't a hot seller or something you are dying to own then it isn't worth MSRP and the manufacturer is wrong and all wet on what they priced it at?

So which is it? Should everyone pay MSRP on any new car because that is what it should be selling for because that is what the manufacturer priced it at or should people be able to buy them for more or less? You can't have it both ways. So which is it?

It is rarely how much one needs to have, it is more often how willing you are to part with it!

I never live beyond my means, and if I could afford a GT500 Vert for $55K, I more or less could afford the ADM if any, as it is less than the cost of the car! If the cost of the car was already pushing my envelope and an ADM, regardless of how much, would keep me away, tells me you are already to close to the edge. For me it would have been a "do I really think it is worth it" or "do I really need it right now". I waited two years to get mine at MRSP and trust I could have more than paid twice the car value it I "wanted" to. Mine was based on principal, not cash.

Archived