TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SHELBY GT500KR

I offer full MSRP for the vehicle. Tell your GM it will be going to a guy who will drive it , not store it. Not re-sell it, but keep it forever. Ask him if he wants to sell it to a blue collar worker for MSRP.

That's my bid. :)

I dont think its greed if you were a long time salesmen in a cut throuth buss. and the company you sold for came out with a hot product wouldt you sell it for as much as you can get. If they want to much you dont have to buy it. Or you can become a ford dealer and keep it for your self.

I find it weird that someone would pay 58K over sticker when the don't know sticker.

I have warned all of you from the beginning this car will not be cheap, it's limited and parts for this car have been designed only for this car, so it will bare the brunt of the tooling as well. It is also pre title, so it will go thru all of ford's engineering, quality, standards, etc. Hood, front splitter, hood pins are all new. And then there's NITSA, and carb, that will be divided over the limited run.

Even I do not know the price yet. You really need to look at this as a very special vehicle , with very special parts that will never be used for any other car then a gt500KR and a limited run and its a 40th

Amy

Agree Amy.

At least find out what "sticker" is before saying how much over you'll pay. What if it's $60k, or $80k or $90k?? The ADM is really arbitrary...

:banghead:

I give up on some peoples intelligence.

At least know what you're bidding to pay instead of opening up your checkbook and saying, "take what you think's fair and let me know." :hysterical2:

Agree Amy.

At least find out what "sticker" is before saying how much over you'll pay. What if it's $60k, or $80k or $90k?? The ADM is really arbitrary...

:banghead:

I give up on some peoples intelligence.

At least know what you're bidding to pay instead of opening up your checkbook and saying, "take what you think's fair and let me know." :hysterical2:

Keep in mind to some people money is no object

they will pay anything for the car

it's a game for high rollers

• 2 weeks later...
I find it weird that someone would pay 58K over sticker when the don't know sticker.

I have warned all of you from the beginning this car will not be cheap, it's limited and parts for this car have been designed only for this car, so it will bare the brunt of the tooling as well. It is also pre title, so it will go thru all of ford's engineering, quality, standards, etc. Hood, front splitter, hood pins are all new. And then there's NITSA, and carb, that will be divided over the limited run.

Even I do not know the price yet. You really need to look at this as a very special vehicle , with very special parts that will never be used for any other car then a gt500KR and a limited run and its a 40th

Amy

Whatever MSRP will be, it will be. That is a given and people with money know that. They also know that regardless of MSRP this car is going to still bring huge premiums. Just like the Ford GT did. Many paid well over a $100K ADM on those.

The dealers that risk taking a hit are the ones that presell these at a set dollar amount before knowing what the MSRP will be. I have seen a number of dealers get hit hard when they sold the SGT this way before knowing what the charge from SAI was going to be. A lot of dealers THOUGHT the $2,100 Shelby GT Upfitters charge was the cost from SAI only to later find out they would be billed for an additional $8,390 through their parts statement. Another example of poor planning and communication on Ford's part with their dealers. A number of dealers sold them on ebay with no reserve where they sold for apprx $5K less than what the dealer's cost was.

So without knowing what the MSRP is on a product the only way to be safe with preselling it would be to sell it based on an amount over MSRP.

I suspect MSRP on the KR is going to be somewhere in the $70's.

I don't care how limited this car is, the one thing that is going to hurt this car is the lack in difference with HP compared to the GT500. Extremely limited or not, 40HP is not worth another $30K or so plus additional ADM's. Especially when you can get the Supersnake for that!

This is another major reason the SGT has not been selling well. 19HP over a GT Mustang for $8,390 more??? This car should have had a MINIMUM of 375HP to justify the additional cost. Then it would have sold better.

Whatever MSRP will be, it will be. That is a given and people with money know that. They also know that regardless of MSRP this car is going to still bring huge premiums. Just like the Ford GT did. Many paid well over a $100K ADM on those.

The dealers that risk taking a hit are the ones that presell these at a set dollar amount before knowing what the MSRP will be. I have seen a number of dealers get hit hard when they sold the SGT this way before knowing what the charge from SAI was going to be. A lot of dealers THOUGHT the $2,100 Shelby GT Upfitters charge was the cost from SAI only to later find out they would be billed for an additional $8,390 through their parts statement. Another example of poor planning and communication on Ford's part with their dealers. A number of dealers sold them on ebay with no reserve where they sold for apprx $5K less than what the dealer's cost was.

So without knowing what the MSRP is on a product the only way to be safe with preselling it would be to sell it based on an amount over MSRP.

I suspect MSRP on the KR is going to be somewhere in the $70's.

I don't care how limited this car is, the one thing that is going to hurt this car is the lack in difference with HP compared to the GT500. Extremely limited or not, 40HP is not worth another $30K or so plus additional ADM's. Especially when you can get the Supersnake for that!

This is another major reason the SGT has not been selling well. 19HP over a GT Mustang for $8,390 more??? This car should have had a MINIMUM of 375HP to justify the additional cost. Then it would have sold better.

+1 I have stated most of this several times. You have to really want this car and money falling out of your pockets, to pay that price for 40HP and some cosmetics. Same with the SGT. Well put.

+1 I have stated most of this several times. You have to really want this car and money falling out of your pockets, to pay that price for 40HP and some cosmetics. Same with the SGT. Well put.

The sad part is the SGT is really a great looking car. It looks like it has 375 - 400 HP but doesn't. All show and no go for the money. A name can only carry so much.

The SGT is much more limited in numbers than the GT500. Over 10K GT500's built in 07, another 8K being built for 08 and a good chance of more being built for 09.

Only approx 6K SGT's built for 07, only 2200 - 2300 being built for 08.

Yet out of more than 10K GT500's built for 07 only a little over 500 left to be sold. Out of apprx 6K SGT's built for 07 and close to 50% of them are still sitting on dealers lots!

The GT500 has sold with HUGE ADM's where a few have sold for as much as $125K each, to many sold for $15K - $20K ADM.

The SGT can't be given away for MSRP!

Now what is wrong with this picture?????

Which would you buy? A Shelby with 500 HP that stickers from $43,700 - $46,000 or a Shelby with 319 HP that stickers from $38K - $42K???? HELLO!!!!!

Amy

Thanks for the Info and Insight Amy... I know Ive heard alot of people hoping that they could get a hold

of a KR hood for their GT500, but sounds like for sure now that SAI wont be offering to sell a aftermarket

KR hood for people interested ??

I don't think that SAI will sell any after market parts for the KR that no way will there be no clones out there to hurt the KR image.

Unlike the after market stuff some company's make for the GT500and put on the regular V6 pony cars that are sold at the dealer.

Way to go Amy I like the idea of not selling parts to every Tom Dick and Harry with a mustang.

I hate two things

#1 Chevy motors in a Ford

#2 Clones -Elinore(spelling), gt500, Bullitt.

It makes more sense to make what you have real nice instead of not real.

The KR rocks I just cant afford it.

The SGT is a great looking car for sure, I'd go further on that note and say this is likely the best looking car on the market. The

SGT is striking from front, side and rear perspectives. A Whipple or a Saleen blower would really put this offering into its rightfull power zone.

The dealer down the road from me has 4 of them, 2 Black,2 White, sitting outside covered with rain residue and bird crap. It is a shame.

It would be interesting to see what the market is on any of these in 30 years from now. From a collectors stand point the SGT may be the more desired collectable to get and bring more money than the GT500 just because of the SGT being more limited.

I just would never buy a car based on what it might be worth someday. Any car I ever buy I'm going to drive it and enjoy it for myself. What good is it if you can't be the one to enjoy it and drive it?

I checked out those SGTs again today and they have got my attention. What is a good deal on them at this point? A S/C kit would be around 6K. JDM has some nice packages for the Saleen S/C with an SCT loaded with their tunes for whatever level you choose. Might be an option

I personally always thought that a White w/Silver stripes Shelby GT with a reputable companies turbo or twin turbo kit would be the ticket!!

I checked out those SGTs again today and they have got my attention. What is a good deal on them at this point? A S/C kit would be around 6K. JDM has some nice packages for the Saleen S/C with an SCT loaded with their tunes for whatever level you choose. Might be an option

I have seen a few dealers offering them at invoice. You can't get better than that.

I have two 07's at MSRP. One white with automatic and one Black with manual.

I would personally go with the 08 in Vista Blue myself.

They are making 2200 - 2300 for 08. Ford estimates 70% of those to be convertibles.

I have an 08 coupe on order that can also be had at MSRP.

With only approx 30% of the 08's slated to be coupes that would mean only about 660 - 700 of the 08 production would be coupes all in Vista Blue with silver stripes. This would be the rarest SGT built in this color combo.

Correction! The rarest color would be grabber orange that SAI is special building about 300 for the southern CA dealers.

The Vista Blue 08 SGT Conv. that I've seen in pics appears to be a knockout in the looks department, likely even better in the flesh. They are pricey though.

They are very pricey. Our vert listed at $49,500 MSRP. I just sold it a few days ago. Now I need to get the coupe sold.

These won't be in until sometime around the end of Dec - Jan.

Archived