TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shoes - Evolution Style!

Joemat

Just took a few pictures of my new wheels & rubber. Fred, Nelson, and Nelson Jr. at Evolution hooked me up with these Asanti's paired with BFG G-Force T/A KDW2's. Had to have them following Evolutions installation of the Ultimate Suspension set-up, American Racing Headers w/catted X and Bassani mufflers, JLT intake, Pulley, Tune, etc. Next up -- Gears, Shaft and Shifter!!

post-9645-1188178642_thumb.jpg

post-9645-1188178642_thumb.jpg

Does evo not know how to sell a DIFFERENT wheel. It seems like every car they do has the same ghetto Asanti's on it. (sorry if I offended you) But those wheels are way too flashy for a mustang, especially a GT500.

Dave, they are the official Evo wheel............it's their "Shelby" wheel. Wouldn't be a stage 6 without them, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Not all of them are Chromed either note Badboys car .

Well I think those chrome wheels look GREAT on the black car. Not Ghetto at all to me. A bit flashy but whats wrong with that sometimes? In this case, I think it works very well indeed.

Car looks great. Those wheels would not be my favorite for MY car but look great on yours!

I have been seriously considering getting a pair of stock wheels off ebay and having them widened by 1" and then having the set of 4 chromed. I just need to do some measureing first to make sure things will clear.....

Well I think those chrome wheels look GREAT on the black car. Not Ghetto at all to me. A bit flashy but whats wrong with that sometimes? In this case, I think it works very well indeed.

Car looks great. Those wheels would not be my favorite for MY car but look great on yours!

I have been seriously considering getting a pair of stock wheels off ebay and having them widened by 1" and then having the set of 4 chromed. I just need to do some measureing first to make sure things will clear.....

That's interesting Jc , I too thought about having the stock rears widened and then all 4 polished and cleared.

Let us know how you make out with widening them.(where and how much )

Dave, they are the official Evo wheel............it's their "Shelby" wheel. Wouldn't be a stage 6 without them, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Not all of them are Chromed either note Badboys car .

Stage 5 and 6. You can use any rim you like but this one is there sig rim..... I have sat silver centers to match my stripe....

Stage 5 and 6. You can use any rim you like but this one is there sig rim..... I have sat silver centers to match my stripe....

I have seen the satin silver and the white inlay as well. Both look outstanding! For me it was the combination of good looks and the build quality of the wheel.

beautiful stuff ....... i am now tempted to drive my SHelby to fred to get a custom tune. But i am only bringing $1000 in cash .... all my credit cards my wife is taking ... so i can go on a shopping spree :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...
Does evo not know how to sell a DIFFERENT wheel. It seems like every car they do has the same ghetto Asanti's on it. (sorry if I offended you) But those wheels are way too flashy for a mustang, especially a GT500.

Aren't you the guy I saw on video tearing around a residential neighborhood with no exhaust on your car? You can't get much more ghetto than that. (sorry if I offended you)

Archived