TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is the shaker 1000 worth the money?

u219mcf

I just ordered my car finallllllllly and got the shaker 1000 stereo? Is the upgrade worth the $ 1,300.00 price? Im was thinking of upgrading with a local shop after the fact.

I think its a waste of money. The Shaker 500 is more than adequate unless you have a need to rupture your own eardrums. Just my 2cents. Plus it takes up valuable trunk space of which there isn't much to begin with!.

I just ordered my car finallllllllly and got the shaker 1000 stereo? Is the upgrade worth the $ 1,300.00 price? Im was thinking of upgrading with a local shop after the fact.
i have that option in my 2007 gt 500. both stereos really sound the same as my other freind has the shaker 500. the only difference i found was that my 1000 has the other 500 watts in the trunk with the subs making everything more bassy and causing more vibrations on the car. for canadian orders it added a hevty $1900 bucks. i usually enjoy listening to the sound of the car more than the stereo. if i went back to the past i would not have spent that money on the 1000 shaker option. i rather put it in to performance on the car like a cat back exhaust system and my shelby autographed dash plaque etc..... just my honest opinion.

I enjoy it!!! :yup: It's really handy for blasting out the sound of those little ricer cars that want to play on the local roads. :hysterical2:

It does:yup: take up valuable truck space if you use your car for a grocier getter. :hysterical2:

I'm living my second childhood and really enjoy blasting those Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Yes, and Genesis cd's. It was a got to have option for the wifey on Snoop Dogs car. :hysterical:

I have one in my car, and it dosen't make it go any faster and takes up trunk space. Not worth the $$$.

AZbud

I have the 1000 in my GT500 and the 500 in my GT/CS. The 1000 is better, but the 500 does the job just fine too. If I could do it over....I would get the 1000 in the GT/CS too.

I deleted the duplicate thread too.

I have the 1000 but I turned off the Shaker 1000 mode - didn't care too much for the thumping bass. In general I like my music moderately loud while driving my other vehicles, but in the Shelby, I end up turning the volume down or even off preferring the roar of the motor and SC instead - helps with shifting. The speakers in this car are probably sub-standard - the electronics are probably okay. The 1000 does take up alot of trunk space but that's okay - it's not my daily driver and I won't be loading up a bunch of luggage in it. Overall though I have no regrets about having the 1000.

Im 23 listen to a fair amount of music with alot of bass. I think the 500 is great, and in todays age it is easy to add a good sub for alot less than 1300. I would suggest saving that money and either getting navigation or just enjoy the whine of the Supercharger, bc really that sound never gets old. Enjoy your car :superhero: :happy feet:

Whether its worth it depends on you.

I have the 1000...when I ordered, I compared it to the 500. You definitely get more thump. But, remember, the only difference are the subwoofers/amps in the trunk (...there might be changes in the head unit besides the "shaker 1000" logo, but I don't know for sure). Contrary to what many others have said, the other speakers in the car are the exact same as used in the 500. If you don't believe me, you can compare the part numbers.

I paid for the 1000 because I didn't want to mess around with upgrading the sound system and the extra base was worth some extra money. Having lived with the car a bit, I'd do things differently...I think I'd just upgrade the entire system. The sound, though not horrible, is pretty muddy throughout the range....and getting the 1000 doesn't change that a bit.

I have the 1000 in my GT500 and the 500 in my GT/CS. The 1000 is better, but the 500 does the job just fine too. If I could do it over....I would get the 1000 in the GT/CS too.

I deleted the duplicate thread too.

Oh I see how this goes, I respond to the other thread and ask to have this one deleted!!! You delete my respond and keep the dup thread!! Thanks Grabber! :hysterical2:

Oh I see how this goes, I respond to the other thread and ask to have this one deleted!!! You delete my respond and keep the dup thread!! Thanks Grabber! :hysterical2:

Sorry dan, but there were 5 responses in this one and only one in the other one so it had to go. You can now up your post count and reply in this one too! :hysterical:

I had the 1000 in my Shelby, and now have the 500 in my V6 coupe. I miss the 1000, it was an awesome sounding sound system....but I think the 500 is just as good at lower and mid volume. But if you like a poewrful sound system go for it...I would order it again in a heartbeat!!

Sorry dan, but there were 5 responses in this one and only one in the other one so it had to go. You can now up your post count and reply in this one too! :hysterical:

Dang moderator gods! Anyways, I ordered the 1000 as I am getting a vert and thought it was almost a necessity! I drove a 07 GT vert with the 1000 and loved the sound, top up or down. Well worth it, as well you can roll the cost into your loan rather than shell out the additional in mod radios. Just my .02

I voted 'none of the above' and went with the third option. I bought the touchscreen NAV unit. While I only rarely use the nav functions, its a MUCH better head unit than eiher the S1000 or S500 and sounds a bunch better. Many more features and better playback of mp3s inlcuding full ID3 tag support. I did decide it needed a little more thump in the bottom end and added a Blaupunkt VS12 with a basic 1500w amp under the package shelf. Really like the system, with the stock speakers no less other than the sub. Yet it still is 'factory' from all appearances.

Sure, get the 1000 which adds 80 pounds of weight to the car. Then blow another two grand on new wheels to gain back 30 of those extra pounds.

You guys and your weight issues! :banghead: Lets be real here, unless your running the track, the weight will not be an issue! Matter of fact the extra weight in the rear my help with traction :hysterical2: I have to laugh when I hear the weight stuff to be honest. Short of a FEW owners who truly are looking to squeak every pound of advantage out, and for race or timing reasons, first and foremost this is a street car with street limits... can we all agree on at least that and stop with thinking we are NASCAR drivers on a track! Some of us just own a cool, fast, car! :headspin: Go for the 1000, you will not be dissapointed nor will the back of your car drag down the road!

The very early "vert" orders were pulled from the line if you had the 1000 on your option list, so I didn't get it. I do like the 500 somewhat.

I am pulling the 500 head and sealing it and storing it. It may not be worth much now, but when the car goes to get sold. An almost new OEM original piece will be plenty worth the hassle.

I'm putting in a Pioneer Nav that has a Vehicles Dynamic Display with 7 telemetries. 7 (Voltage, Clock, Direction, Slope, Acceleration, Side Acceleration, Angular Velocity) .

It's a double din so it fits perfect as well.

I'm probably into music much more than the average Shelby owner. I'm getting it mostly for the full IPOD control and touch screen. But it's loaded with a ton more features, like XM Nav Traffic and Bluetooth.

Grab,

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Mod Topic...let's play by the rules now. Take care!

RIP,

This topic is about a stock feature of the car, not a modified feature feature, so it does not need to be in the Mod section forum.

So what is your opinion of the stock Shaker 1000 ?

The Shaker 1000 is a must for the 'verts, the convertible mode makes the stereo sound great when the tops down... As for the extra money you might as well order it and keep it factory... Money is made round to go round, crank it up... :party2:

Nice color!!!! and glad you agree!

Archived