TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Suspension too stiff

boss351

I guess I'll start with the basics. Have you ever replaced the shocks and struts? What about the springs?

If you're looking for a stock-type ride, I'd go with KYB shocks/struts and replacement factory springs (Autozone or equivalent should have them, for around $70/pair).

If you're looking for something that sort of floats along, you could run something similiar to the set up I have on my '95. I run 90/10 drag struts and 50/50 drag shocks. I have softer V6 rear springs. The car, I kid you not, rides like a Town Car. However, don't expect the car to take corners at ALL. It's great for drag racing, but you pretty much lose all corner handling, unless it's at super low speeds.

I guess I'll start with the basics. Have you ever replaced the shocks and struts? What about the springs?

If you're looking for a stock-type ride, I'd go with KYB shocks/struts and replacement factory springs (Autozone or equivalent should have them, for around $70/pair).

If you're looking for something that sort of floats along, you could run something similiar to the set up I have on my '95. I run 90/10 drag struts and 50/50 drag shocks. I have softer V6 rear springs. The car, I kid you not, rides like a Town Car. However, don't expect the car to take corners at ALL. It's great for drag racing, but you pretty much lose all corner handling, unless it's at super low speeds.

I have KYB shocks and Monroe struts :unsure: and the original factory springs.

Archived