TEAM SHELBY FORUM

whos going to Tasca in RI ???

1badsho

I would have never found the house if it weren't for my Nav system. Don't know how I lived so long without one? Had a wonderful time at Tasca and the party afterwards. Barb and I along with Jim and Audrey did not get to the party until later. Met some truly wonderful people and sorry if I don't remember who you are-Bad with names. Did not get to meet Amy and many others that I wanted to. Maybe next event. Glad Amy mentioned Adam because you ARE one of Carroll's top fans. I am sure she will get it done!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mark

are u home ??? i got seat bolts .... for ya .... u me and jim need to get together so we can see your pictures ! !!!

It's too bad you didn't make it. I had a Ford Master Tech that attended the party and a full tool box! The mapquest directions just confused everyone. They listed exit 10B when 10A was the right exit. I should have posted the link from the Shelby Forum. Oh well what's done is done. They would both get you there but the sign for the first turn was confusing. It would have been left at the second stop light. I'm sure we will do this again, hopefully with more comfortable weather.

Yup thats the exit we took 10B ...That would explain it....Oh well next time! We really dont live to far from each other! Maybe we will get together at some point anyways! would love that :happy feet: :happy feet:

The gentleman with the photo of a red cobra was no one I know. My friend was a woman and was really only there as a friend of the dealership's management. She is not really a car person. She asked at the shelby trailer on my behalf, fairly early in the morning before much of a line had formed. It was an SAI person she talked to, a guy but did not get a name.

My point was that once again, SAI's lack of planning and poor communication leaves the public with a bad impression of the whole organization. The 'story' being handed out by SAI personel was not consistant nor truthful. They SHOULD have known what was to occur later in the day, not the temps but the general plan. They acted and spoke as if they did.

The incident did happen and happend to a good friend of the Tasca management. It is not to be 'dismissed'. Other than an apology, all I had really hoped for in posting this is that SAI can improve going forward and understand how thier actions are perceived by the public. Ultimately, this pubic image is all they have to sell.

Thank you Amy for the personal response. I do know you are trying and it shows.

James

James, I have to say, I am dissappointed your blaming this on Shelby or anyone. It wasn't our show and Carroll wasn;'t even going to sign. They didnt promote it. Carroll offerred. John force was late and that held everything up because I didnt want Carroll to sign at 11am and then people would have to get back online. when Carroll agreed to sign, We made 3 announcements on the loud speaker.

I am sorry your friend was turned away, but as Sharon said, there were many people in the both, who were telling people to get on the line.

Amy

Amy- I just posted the situation you are talking about in another thread about Tasca day. I actually have it all on tape and nobody did anything wrong from SAI. Carol insisted to you that he sign more and you wisely said no as the line was still a mile long and he had been out there long enough.

I have to say though, no body communicated how things were going to operate well at all. Tasca did not and neither did SAI.

I was there at 6am and ended up not getting Carols autograph because every single person I spoke to told me something different. I was originally told he would not be signing at all, he would just be walking around and in the golf cart. Then I was told this line was just for John Force.

Many members waited in line for more than 2 hours to just get turned away including myself but only for an hour or so of waiting. There should have been clear anouncements on the times and location Mr. Shelby would be signing so that way we would not be waiitng in line for 4 hours in 100 degree weather for nothing. We don't like the heat anymore than you guys!

I'm not pointing fingers but this event turned out to be bigger than I think most could have imagined so mistakes happen but I can see how some got frustrated and pissed off.

But don't worry, most of us are mature enough to understand what really happened.

PS-I could not be happier you are joining forces with Tasca again, especailly since it is only 1 hour from my house!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, sorry you didnt get the signature, and thanks for understanding, I saw that line of people and it would have been wrong if carroll signed that photo. I saw those people staring at me. Carroll gave me hell, but it was right, he was hot and tired and couldn't sign anymore.

Thanks for understanding. The tasca family said they had 3-4 times the number they usually have. I will Carroll east again

Amy

James, I have to say, I am dissappointed your blaming this on Shelby or anyone. It wasn't our show and Carroll wasn;'t even going to sign. They didnt promote it. Carroll offerred. John force was late and that held everything up because I didnt want Carroll to sign at 11am and then people would have to get back online. when Carroll agreed to sign, We made 3 announcements on the loud speaker.

I am sorry your friend was turned away, but as Sharon said, there were many people in the both, who were telling people to get on the line.

Amy

Thanks Amy for taking the personal time to respond to this. It shows you care and means a lot. It was just an unfortunate sequence of events. I hope to meet Carroll in person someday soon.

James

Archived