TEAM SHELBY FORUM

whos going to Tasca in RI ???

1badsho

I have two members who are enroute to the TASCA event this week from Florida

They just crossed the NC line at South of the Border and are heading to RI.

They would love to hook up and caravan with othe SHELBY owners in the drive up.

Please call Mark aka 500HP aka sad sack at 239-560-6967 :happy feet:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don,

I just spoke with Mark and they are making their way up tp NJ for the night. I told him I live right out side of Philly if they need to hang their hat for the night. He said they were good with hotel reservations for the night. I'm leaving early friday morning so we will look for each other at the show. Thanks for posting the info

Ken

We should all be forced to wear name tags with our forum names on them ahahahaha

:idea: That actually is a good idea!!! I wonder if anyone will Recognize me?? :headscratch:

I almost was going to have a Shirt made and have the word SexyStang put on it but I thought that

was too 80ish!!!! :hysterical2:

sexystang ..... POLEASE ..... you not being recognized !! :hysterical2:

You probably have the most recognizable face and figure on this forum. :censored: Thats a good censored face too !

sexystang ..... POLEASE ..... you not being recognized !! :hysterical2:

You probably have the most recognizable face and figure on this forum. :censored: Thats a good censored face too !

We are in trouble now! you just boosted her ego once again, not that it needed any boosting!!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

i be bad :banghead:

I don't know? For some reason she seems to get A LOT of attention around here!!! :hysterical2:

well ... i dont follow her record thread with a vengance but i know she is cute .... articulate .... loves cars ... and sassy .....

One couldnt ask for better qualities in a woman .... reminds me of my wife actually .... shes all that and more ! :happy feet:

THANKYOU especially For the folks that called and offered places to stay on the way! We were surprised to get all the calls. We are here in Cranston staying at the Comfort Inn ($89 Night) but I don't recommend it. Next to airport, no micro, no fridge for beer, and hard to see car from room. LoL! Went to Tasca upon arrival and saw the KR and SS Truck but not unloaded yet. They had a few 500's in garage and one was on the dyno making all kinds of noise. Told Carroll Shelby and John Force would fly in tomorrow night. Also a desk will be set up at entrance to sign in on Saturday. Doesn't look like there is much room for more than 200 cars if you plan on showing your car-get here early! We are at 401/732-0470 room 207 and 210. Our cell is 239/560-6967-Mark. Heard the best pizza is in downtown Providence.

Going through Washington DC and New York City (Queens) was a pain in the a$$! Never do it again in my Shelby! Lots of comments everywhere we go. Only other Shelby we saw was on I-95 north of Florence North Carolina and he was going south.

Hope to see and meet some new friends!

Mark

We will get more info in morning about signing up your cars. Mine is a GT500, Black with white stripes and a CB antenna (easy to spot a Shelby with a CB antenna) and Jims is a White with blue stripes (slower model) however he has custom mirrors and new wheels!

Mark

THANKYOU especially For the folks that called and offered places to stay on the way! We were surprised to get all the calls. We are here in Cranston staying at the Comfort Inn ($89 Night) but I don't recommend it. Next to airport, no micro, no fridge for beer, and hard to see car from room. LoL! Went to Tasca upon arrival and saw the KR and SS Truck but not unloaded yet. They had a few 500's in garage and one was on the dyno making all kinds of noise. Told Carroll Shelby and John Force would fly in tomorrow night. Also a desk will be set up at entrance to sign in on Saturday. Doesn't look like there is much room for more than 200 cars if you plan on showing your car-get here early! We are at 401/732-0470 room 207 and 210. Our cell is 239/560-6967-Mark. Heard the best pizza is in downtown Providence.

Going through Washington DC and New York City (Queens) was a pain in the a$$! Never do it again in my Shelby! Lots of comments everywhere we go. Only other Shelby we saw was on I-95 north of Florence North Carolina and he was going south.

Mark

[/quot

Glad you arrived safely! The "Badfamily" and brother (protini98) will be there hopefully between 7:45 -8:00 am......Should be early enough I hope.....Looking forward to this day!!! See ya then...We have Gt500 red/satin silver stripes, my brother has blue 98 cobra....See ya Saturday

Mark

I'm staying at that Comfort Inn too. I should be pulling in later in the evening. I'm coming up from WDC (I live for that beltway traffic). I'm swinging by Evolution in Philly to get my Stage II upgrade and custom tune in the early AM. Should be a fun ride after getting that done. See you when I get there. I'll definitely want to get up early Saturday to get a spot.

Mark

Welcome to RI!!!

If you have any questions or need any directions PM me or call me during the day at (401)737-7932 (I would give you my cell number, but I haven't found it since leaving the racetrack on Sunday!). If you are staying where I think you are, your hotel is actually in Warwick...and it is less than 5 minutes from where I will be getting the Shelby ready for Tasca on Saturday.

If you have some free time on Friday please come by and visit. I would very much like to meet you. Both the Shelby and I will be there from 11am until 6 pm Friday.

Call the above number if you would like directions or if you have navigation the address is 3145 Post Road, Warwick, RI.

I hope to at least meet you Saturday if you don't make it by Friday.

Kevin

PS- You don't have to go to Providence to get good food...there is great food in Providence, but there are other places just as good in Warwick and Cranston.

Archived