TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Really nice pics of 2008 Vapor Silver GT500 for sale

Hadn't seen pics of one yet, and am really liking the looks.

http://sam-galloway-ford.ebizautos.com/sha...12&src=eBay

I thought it would be 'brighter' but I think it looks really good?

What do you guys think?

I don't like it.

Edit: On the plus side, I'd bet that color hides dirt better than any other color offered....which is always a good thing.

Saw one in person, I was jealous, or maybe it was just the HIDs I wanted :D

I own a stripeless GT500 and really I like the stripeless just because it is more rare and very unlikely to see another like yours on the road, other than that, it does look like it is missing something, because it is hahaahha

Saw one in person, I was jealous, or maybe it was just the HIDs I wanted :D

I own a stripeless GT500 and really I like the stripeless just because it is more rare and very unlikely to see another like yours on the road, other than that, it does look like it is missing something, because it is hahaahha

I'll be going stripeless when my time comes. :happy feet:

The color doesn't do much for me. It does have a champagne tint to it. I saw one in person yesterday at the dealership here in Sacramento. It was going for a cool $133,840

Yep thats right folks.....A $83,XXX dealer mark up.

Times like this I really think the whole Superman 2 premise of dropping California into the ocean and starting over seems like a good idea.

What

The

Hell.

The color doesn't do much for me. It does have a champagne tint to it. I saw one in person yesterday at the dealership here in Sacramento. It was going for a cool $133,840

Yep thats right folks.....A $83,XXX dealer mark up.

WTF??

:hysterical2:

Not the best color of the bunch, but OK with the black stripes IMHO. I saw it a couple of times in Dearborn and other than the novelty aspect, was not overwhelmed. I thought the tungsten color it replaces was better (I really liked the tungsten/silver stripes combination). Never saw it live on a Shelby but saw it a few times on Ford GTs and found it very classy looking.

Speaking of stripes, I also feel like the car looks a bit "naked" with the stripe delete option, except in black. Black with no stripes has a mean look to it that fits the nature of this beast.

I think the HIDs look terrible...what's with the huge metal tongue coming up from the bottom of the lens? It totally destroys the "retro" look of the round headlight...Ford didn't spend anytime designing the HID to match the front appearance...looks like they just threw something in there.

I think the HIDs look terrible...what's with the huge metal tongue coming up from the bottom of the lens? It totally destroys the "retro" look of the round headlight...Ford didn't spend anytime designing the HID to match the front appearance...looks like they just threw something in there.

Yes you are totally right, that subjective at best flaw to one person totally ruined the car. What a fiasco. I am glad you pointed that out else I may have made the huge mistake of owning this monstrosity.

Thank heavens you chimed in, I truly see what an ugly beast this car is.

DONT LIKE SILVER CARS......HAD ONE....LT4 CORVETTE 1996

At the time it was the fastest stock corvette made. The LT4 anniversary collectors edition was a nice car but it was SILVER. I never once had anyone walk up to me and say WOW thats a nice color silver. The car looked real conservative and a real sleeper, the LT4 motor did have some real pull.

I sold the car to a guy here in Phx about 5 yrs ago and he still has it. I guess its a color for some personalities but not mine. Now get out there and drive that silver car................Billy

OH BY THE WAY NICK DOES'NT LIKE SILVER EITHER

post-3364-1187974421_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1187974421_thumb.jpg

I prefer the coupes with the OTT stripes, and the 'verts without (with the exception of the red stripes - I like those).

As for the colour, it's too silver. They need a nice deep shadow gray, dark gray. I can't describe it, but I sure know it when I see it.

Archived