TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Original owner / 54,000 miles

Grabber

My Dealer friend sent me photos of a Black 1967 GT500 that stopped by his dealership yesterday. The car had 54,000 miles on it and the owner baught it new in 1967. You just don't see these around everyday, so I thought I would show you guys.

Enjoy this one...I know I did. :)

HPIM0217.jpg

HPIM0216.jpg

HPIM0215.jpg

HPIM0214.jpg

HPIM0213.jpg

I thought the grille lights were outboard, not centered? or was that just the 67 GT500 SS? It was talked about in Coldy's thread, with pictures?

This car is all original per the owner. He bought it new 30 years ago! I am no expert on these old cars, so someone else needs to chime in here.

I thought the grille lights were outboard, not centered? or was that just the 67 GT500 SS? It was talked about in Coldy's thread, with pictures?

They moved them outboard later in the model year due to some state law issues...California was one of the problem states.

Just to correct things a bit, they moved the high beam lights outboard on cars that were to be delivered in states with statutes requiring a minimum distance between headlights that could not be met when the lights were mounted on the center area of the grille

My Dealer friend sent me photos of a Black 1967 GT500 that stopped by his dealership yesterday. The car had 54,000 miles on it and the owner baught it new in 1967. You just don't see these around everyday, so I thought I would show you guys.

Enjoy this one...I know I did. :)

HPIM0217.jpg

HPIM0216.jpg

HPIM0215.jpg

HPIM0214.jpg

HPIM0213.jpg

Nice ride Grabber. Any idea what he had to give for it????

Just to correct things a bit, they moved the high beam lights outboard on cars that were to be delivered in states with statutes requiring a minimum distance between headlights that could not be met when the lights were mounted on the center area of the grille

I owned an early 67 with inboards. Later they changed to outboards. I was told that it was an overheating issue as the inboards blocked the radiator. It made sense to me. Bill

Very nice. Center light 67 GT500 with Magstars. That must be an early car as center lights and magstars were early production options. Later cars had the lights moved outboard and no Magstars were available. Good to see a 4 speed in the car as well. Very similar to my brothers car. His had wide lights and also factory air conditioning. No lemans stripes though. My clone car will be white/blue with center lights, magstars, and lemans stripes. And of course, 66 427 sideoiler with toploader 4 speed. A real dream come true.

Thanks for posting the pics.

FYI, I have seen an nos steering wheel bring as much as $7,000 on ebay......

NICE !!

The car has some "early" features (first 400 or so)

Can't make out the serial # in the pic.

Do you happen to know what it is?

Just curious.

Thanks

I do not know the number. Sorry.

I may see it at a local show, and if I do, I will get a better photo.

• 2 weeks later...
I just love the looks of that car. I would love to own it. I wonder how many still exsist ?

According to the registrar of '67 Shelby's for SAAC there are approximately 1500 '67 GT500's left of the original 2050 produced. They are great cars! My wife and I drove ours to Great Falls MT. last weekend for the International Mustang Meet. There were two other '67 GT500's there, but I believe they were both trailered. They were both very nicely restored cars. Ours is a "survivor" car, which basically means it needs to be restored! There was also a '67 GT350 there that was also driven quite a distance to the show. They only built 1175 of the GT350's that year, and the registrar told me they believe there to be around 750 of those still in existance today.

• 1 month later...

Interesting in the shot of the engine that it has the black finish air cleaner top, typical of 68 Shelbys. My car also had the black air cleaner when I bought it 10 years ago. Grabber, if you ever see this car around, I'd be curious to know if this was original to the car or was the original replacemed at some point?

Interesting in the shot of the engine that it has the black finish air cleaner top, typical of 68 Shelbys. My car also had the black air cleaner when I bought it 10 years ago. Grabber, if you ever see this car around, I'd be curious to know if this was original to the car or was the original replacemed at some point?

If I see it at a local show, I will ask.

Archived