TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm impressed with the MPG

ingram4868

Well I've finally started to watch the MPG readings on the "INFO" display screen. Just driving around town for the past couple of weekends it's reading approx. 19.7 miles per gallon. If that is an accurate reading then I'm a happy camper. For those of you that installed the EVO stage 1 did you find a shift in your MPG?

Well I've finally started to watch the MPG readings on the "INFO" display screen. Just driving around town for the past couple of weekends it's reading approx. 19.7 miles per gallon. If that is an accurate reading then I'm a happy camper. For those of you that installed the EVO stage 1 did you find a shift in your MPG?

my aveo gets 37 mpg highway. 38 if im going downhill. 39 with a tailwind.

:hysterical:

you must be babying her; on the highway I get 22 mpg at 80 MPH in the city around 16-17 and that is not getting on it.

go trade your car in for a v6 mustang. If you're getting 20 mpg around town, you are not driving the car like it's meant to be.

I get 7-10mpg in the city (downtown chicago, lots of stop and go)

yeah but everytime you get a green light you honk your horn 3 times and hook up...that's gotta hurt the mpg. Of course it also makes the commute a WHOLE lot more interesting :happy feet:

love the videos!!!

The best I've done is 21.5mpg at 75mph on a interstate from fill to fill and never getting on the blower. That's the best you should ever expect. Normal around town is 15mpg. Start hitting the blower and it will drop below 10mpg and further. Highway mpg will drop quickly, too, when you hit the blower just a few times.

If you're seeing 19.7 around town, then you're kidding yourself. Don't foget to hit reset with each tank fill and you'll start to understand how your drving habits have a dramatic effect.

19.7 MPG in the city seems very high to me. That's usually my highway milage when I don't get on the blower too much. Going about 70mph on cruise control, I might get 23 MPG but that's about as good as it gets for me.

I've driven her about 1700 miles so far (mostly city) and not my daily driver and I'm averaging about 12-13 mpg. Still stock except for Corsa's axle back. I still have not reset my average mpg, so that 12-13 is an average over the entire 1700 miles.

I pretty much always get between 12-13 mpg. This is what the computer tells me ( I do reset it every so often ). This is also what it calculates to when I fill it up. So I think the computer is pretty accurate. By the way, I'm always getting on it to hear the blower and feel the acceleration (I do have stage JLT CAI Stage 1).

took my nittos off and put back the stock goodyears on there own rims. Rainy season u know in florida !

I am guessing that I am going to get about 19 mpg on the hwy doing about 70 mph that i am running a true 410 gear with the stock tires.

A little quicker too in the feel of the pants meter. Hopefully Nitto will come out with a 295/40/18 drag radial

I got around 22 on the way to Dearborn with wife in car and 12 when I'm alone. ;)

I think you got about 325 feet per gallon leaving AAI.

I run a spreadsheet for all my vehicles. My last fill up on the Shelby was at 9999 miles. Overall average is 15.62 mpg. There are a half dozen longer highway trips in there, which is what bumps the overall.

Best 1 tank: 20.58

Worst 1 tank: 12.44

I also run 3 tank and 10 tank averages.

Yes, I'm a geek. Oh, I run 3.73s.

I have 2500 miles and it's a daily driver. I intentionally drove it like a grandma on one tank and got 15.5 in town and I also got 21.5 driving it home from the dealer on the interstate. Other than that I'm lucky to see 11-12, just can't keep my foot out of it. :happy feet: It does seem like I'm tanking about every other day though. :waiting: Maybe I need to look into a bigger tank. :hysterical2:

I guess I'm a geek as well. I have a spreadsheet where I track all costs associated with the vehicle and calculate cost per mile. I'm in the 11-12mpg range typically. I've been as high as 13.5 and as low as 8, depending on where I take it and who's in the car with me. :rolleyes:

I guess I'm a geek as well. I have a spreadsheet where I track all costs associated with the vehicle and calculate cost per mile. I'm in the 11-12mpg range typically. I've been as high as 13.5 and as low as 8, depending on where I take it and who's in the car with me. :rolleyes:

Did you happend to track your mileage before the CAI and tune? Considering that everyone seems to be getting far less than I am this next tank I will do the old fashion math to see if the onboard computer is accurate. I wonder if being at 5000 feet could have anything to do with the mileage. I hope the car isn't running lean.

Did you happend to track your mileage before the CAI and tune? Considering that everyone seems to be getting far less than I am this next tank I will do the old fashion math to see if the onboard computer is accurate. I wonder if being at 5000 feet could have anything to do with the mileage. I hope the car isn't running lean.

I installed the CAI and tune after the first tank of gas. I dismissed the first tank since I'm not sure how much gas was in there. Between the CAI and 2.6 pulley, I averaged just above 12.5. Since then, it's dropped. The first tank after I installed the pulley was the worse at just over 8mpg. I guess I was enjoying the new found power. :lol2: For what it's worth, I'm about 15 feet above sea level, hot and humid.

Mileage has dropped since the CAI install, but only when hitting the blower - as expected. On the highway - I have seen no difference.

Recent trip 2 weekends ago, from Fort Mohave AZ. to Grand Canyon South Rim and back. According to milage indicator on car, it said 22 mpg average. Speed limit on I-40 in that area of AZ. is 75, so i drove around 83-85 most the way. Couple of times, took it up to 130.

AZbud

Archived