TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Build date next week and no VIN?

SLB8SNK

Guys, as many of you know me somewhat by now and my posts, I got a great deal from a very very small dealer here in MI. However, and being as patient and respectful as I can, they seem to be very out of touch with the tools of the trade in tracking and so on. I was told a couple weeks ago that they got word I had a build "week", which was set for the first week of Sept. I asked via email, what my VIN was, so I could track, but also call in a factory favor. They stated no VIN yet. Then last week I sent a follow up, no VIN yet. Trying again to be patient, I waited until yesterday and asked again! No VIN, and that my car might be delayed a little because I choose some options that they are not building a lot of, so there may be a slight delay. So today I get this email stating "great news" my car was moved UP a week and being built NEXT WEEK!!!!! And STILL NO VIN??? Now we all know that is impossible, can't have no VIN and a build week of next week, right? Well I do not want to upset the dealer, great deal, good old boys.... but I really need this VIN which I have stated and stressed a number of times.... I do not want to make a big deal, or make them seem stupid, but come on!!!! So what to do? Can I get my VIN another way? Can I call someone? Hope this makes sense!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Guys, as many of you know me somewhat by now and my posts, I got a great deal from a very very small dealer here in MI. However, and being as patient and respectful as I can, they seem to be very out of touch with the tools of the trade in tracking and so on. I was told a couple weeks ago that they got word I had a build "week", which was set for the first week of Sept. I asked via email, what my VIN was, so I could track, but also call in a factory favor. They stated no VIN yet. Then last week I sent a follow up, no VIN yet. Trying again to be patient, I waited until yesterday and asked again! No VIN, and that my car might be delayed a little because I choose some options that they are not building a lot of, so there may be a slight delay. So today I get this email stating "great news" my car was moved UP a week and being built NEXT WEEK!!!!! And STILL NO VIN??? Now we all know that is impossible, can't have no VIN and a build week of next week, right? Well I do not want to upset the dealer, great deal, good old boys.... but I really need this VIN which I have stated and stressed a number of times.... I do not want to make a big deal, or make them seem stupid, but come on!!!! So what to do? Can I get my VIN another way? Can I call someone? Hope this makes sense!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'll send you a pm shortly.

• 2 months later...

HEY AlloyDave can you help me. I ordered a new 08 GT Convert Grabber Orange and my dealer has not gotten a VIN number yet. Is it to early still to get a vin. Thanks I might be getting a little anxious. Cant wait. It is not a GT500 But it is are first built Mustang. Thanks

Archived