TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upgrades to Shelby GT

BLT

I am wanting to upgrade the brakes on my 2007 Shelby GT. I can get Wilwood brakes for all wheels but was wondering if I should spring for the official Shelby Wilwood brakes for value sake. Any suggestions/ opinions?

I would just get 6 piston Brembos off of an S550 if I'm being honest with you. It's a much better bang for the buck option and would perform just as well as you need them to. The 6 piston Brembos will bolt right up to the factory location. You are going to need the 13-14 GT500 brake rotors as well as the 13-14 GT500 brake hoses. You would need:

1. FR3Z2B120C
Front Disc Brake Caliper Price: $190.13
2. FR3Z2B121C
Front Disc Brake Caliper Price: $184.50
3. FR3Z2068C
Disc Brake Anti-Rattle Clip Price: $50.79
4. DR3Z1125A

Disc Brake Rotor Price: $103.85

You can either go with factory pads or you can upgrade your pads and your brake lines to braided lines at the same time.  Also, if you wanted to upgrade the rear brakes as well, you can get the GT500 rear brake upgrade kit at the same time. This was a pretty popular upgrade in the Boss community as it gave you a cheap brake upgrade kit that would perform compitently on track for the majority of drivers.

https://lmr.com/item/SVE-GT500AB-K/mustang-sve-gt500-rear-brake-adapter-bracket-kit-05-14?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp&sc_intid=&gclid=CjwKCAjw4P6oBhBsEiwAKYVkq29q1BHhsSHrFgOUK_Jmd-xZ3m5MQFMWamYQ4Oze8KwAvSrxk4SukxoCSo0QAvD_BwE